PDA

View Full Version : spc842/xante enpress questions

Custom Search

tuey
12-09-2018, 02:34 PM
have a customer that bought a xante en press envelope printer and i've heard that i can change, through service mode, the toner that it requires. i'm thinking that the xante is a ricoh spc842dn rebadged and hope to be able to source and use the ricoh toner and drums rather than the xante. i've sourced chips to turn oki cartridges into the intoprint version for years but cannot find the chips for the xante yet. also need a service manual or procedure to get to SP mode to see if i can program the xante to take ricoh toners. thanks--tuey

slimslob
12-09-2018, 05:37 PM
Looking at images for both on brochures, it does appear to be the same machine. They have a Smart Operation Panel (SOP) so entering SP mode should be the same as any other SOP model. As for changing what toner it requires through SP, that might be a feature of Xante and you would need the Xante service manual.

tuey
12-10-2018, 02:03 AM
yep, that was my understanding also. thought maybe if i could get into sp mode , maybe similar for both models, that i might find the toner select. tuey

Hadster
09-18-2019, 09:28 PM
Did you ever find a solution for this. I have a customer that has the Ricoh SP c820dn version. Do you think SP 5051 would do the trick?

tuey
09-18-2019, 09:50 PM
no solution found, been selling the xante toner

Hadster
09-19-2019, 12:26 AM
I wonder if I installed the RFID Board from a Ricoh SPC820 if that would make it see Ricoh toner? Otherwise, it must be a factory setting because I can't find anything else in the manual where I could change it. Just spit-balling here.

tuey
09-19-2019, 04:50 PM
i like the way you think hadster, i would bet that would work. i found a guy that sold me a few sets of the xante toners very cheap so i'm ok for a while. if memory serves me correctly the ricoh toner was near the price of the xante ,if not higher, hafta go back a look them up again. was at virginia tech in may- and again last may for my nephews graduations. fun fun fun, made me feel like i was in college again. i'll do just about anything to make more money in toner sales but alot of people in our business are just scared. tuey

Hadster
09-19-2019, 05:35 PM
This poor guy is paying $170(xante) each for color! I can get him down to $100 with Ricoh. If he wants me to try the mod I'll let you know how it turns out.

tuey
02-25-2020, 02:52 PM
did you have any luck changing out the board??

Hadster
02-25-2020, 04:31 PM
Nope! [emoji35]

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

tuey
02-25-2020, 04:48 PM
the board didn't work or you didn't try that?? thanks--tuey

Hadster
02-25-2020, 05:33 PM
Did not work. I tried.

methogod
03-23-2020, 02:44 PM
do you have the service and part manual for the Ricoh SPC820

same xante variant... ill figure it out, got a parts machine to play with...
should be a OEM switch, dip or other.

have you tried to find chips by looking at alibaba? also seen them just mix up the colors, have you ever compared the key of the toners? Konica just changed the toner keys from market to market, they all work though....

Phil B.
03-23-2020, 03:41 PM
Xante writes their own firmware for their machines... one of my techs tried all suggestions mentioned NG.

Hadster
03-23-2020, 05:07 PM
Xante writes their own firmware for their machines... one of my techs tried all suggestions mentioned NG.Yup!

slimslob
03-23-2020, 07:30 PM
Do you grave robbers realize that this was started over a year ago. That makes it dead and should remain buried.

fixthecopier
07-15-2022, 06:03 PM
Do you grave robbers realize that this was started over a year ago. That makes it dead and should remain buried.

I need to bring it back to life. Does anyone know if they messed with the fuser or can I use a sleeve assembly from Ricoh.

tuey
07-16-2022, 12:20 AM
i use ricoh fusers, drums and developers and t. belts in the xante- no adjustments needed. have company from australia that does toner chips.

slimslob
07-16-2022, 12:29 AM
i use ricoh fusers, drums and developers and t. belts in the xante- no adjustments needed. have company from australia that does toner chips.

Which means that you use after market tone and therein is the probable cause of the noise. There is only one after market manufacturer whose toner meets Ricoh's quality standards and testing and they are just as expensive as Ricoh and do not require replacement chips.

tuey
07-16-2022, 01:41 AM
only ever used xante toners, but you can use ricoh in the xante if you change the chip. i think you're confused

Custom Search