PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 227 excess toner consumption

Custom Search

Shipley429
12-14-2018, 04:36 PM
One of my customers is stating they have changed out toners 3 times this week and have only made a total of 8k copies. Anyone ever heard of this? Is there something I can do to keep this machine from consuming that much toner? Thanks!

copyman
12-14-2018, 05:03 PM
Genuine toners? Did they get toners from you?
Only way that could be possible is if they were running 11x17 full page solid blacks! These toners are rated at 23k pages per btl based on 6% coverage. So they only made 8k pages when they were supposed to get almost 70k. Just don't make sense.

Synthohol
12-14-2018, 05:05 PM
OEM toner or dirt in a bottle generic?
Either way, do a background data reset aand stabilize then full gradations 3x each and you can even set atdc to -1 or -2 and teat. It may be too light so run good tests of the customers prints to check.
Also make sure the drums and other consumables have good life left.

Bix
12-17-2018, 10:31 AM
Is the waste toner box full? Are there any losses? Have you tried to see if there is toner?

Is the customer intelligent? It is not a joke. I've had some customers with C227 that change toner because the machine said toner ran out. The toner instead was full only that the machine did not recognize the new toner because they replaced it first.

CopierNerd
12-17-2018, 12:21 PM
you should visit customer premises and check by yourself. 8K from 3 bottles doesn't make sense. Its life is 23K. 3 bottles consumed means 69K copies.
If they are printing or copying maps, photos or backgrounds then still 8k copies from 3 bottles is not possible. If Toner is non genuine then it can be.
you should also check the total counter. before and after toners.

BR549
12-18-2018, 05:23 PM
We had a customer call in a service call today on a BH227. Says using too much toner and filling waste toner too often. Drum had 200k on it. Suppose to be good for 85k. We think the drum is causing it.

tsbservice
12-18-2018, 06:54 PM
One of my customers is stating they have changed out toners 3 times this week and have only made a total of 8k copies. Anyone ever heard of this? Is there something I can do to keep this machine from consuming that much toner? Thanks!
Too much information is omitted. We have to throw ideas out of thin air. Please be more specific about counter, parts life, toner oem/or not, etc.

allan
12-18-2018, 07:32 PM
We had a customer call in a service call today on a BH227. Says using too much toner and filling waste toner too often. Drum had 200k on it. Suppose to be good for 85k. We think the drum is causing it.

The drums can do more than 200K don't think its that. Had these machines overtone due to crap toner and tweaking techs.
There is something about not doing max density setting after part replacement or reset.
Not like the 423's.

Did you check the waste box?

tsbservice
12-18-2018, 08:28 PM
The drums can do more than 200K don't think its that. Had these machines overtone due to crap toner and tweaking techs.
There is something about not doing max density setting after part replacement or reset.
Not like the 423's.

Did you check the waste box?

His last activity was 3 days ago, I'm thinking he is still on the way to visit customer.

copyman
12-18-2018, 11:21 PM
I agree a little more info would help but most replies on this forum are guesses anyway. Usually when a customer tells me something like this it ends up being something logical, running full solids, 11x17 two sided, etc. Especially if no quality issues. Don't think you would have good quality with machine eating that much toner and also not having to empty the waste box several times.

greglogston
01-03-2019, 05:20 PM
My experience with calls like this is that the customer is experiencing light copies and thinks the toner is out and replaces it.

Custom Search