PDA

View Full Version : 3552ci toner recycling

Custom Search

COPYDOCAZ
12-17-2018, 05:03 AM
this machine has ruined 2 transfer units which lock up the cleaning motor,.... 2 days after I replaced the last one it started to make an loud noise I ran the motors and the noise came when the paper feed motor but I think it got to have something to do with the waste toner has anyone taken this apart I can't find anything about this in the service manual If anyone has run into this issue I would appreciate any help.

Ropariva
12-17-2018, 05:13 AM
There have been a number of bulletins re waste toner issues. Worth a look. The drive you are talking about comes from the feed drive assembly and runs the waste across the rear to the WTB. Both this and the WTB drive have known issues and should be investigated. You will need a couple of hours though, but would recommend replacement of both units with later production items as they have been modified. Good luck

JOEDAN056
12-17-2018, 01:28 PM
I think the piece you are talking about is the drive section in the back which is DR-6500. I have had to replace that and the toner auger on a machine that had a grinding noise. The newest parts manual has the correct part number and the newest service manual has a walk through of how to replace it. Hope this helps.

Geo
12-17-2018, 02:19 PM
this machine has ruined 2 transfer units which lock up the cleaning motor,.... 2 days after I replaced the last one it started to make an loud noise I ran the motors and the noise came when the paper feed motor but I think it got to have something to do with the waste toner has anyone taken this apart I can't find anything about this in the service manual If anyone has run into this issue I would appreciate any help.

The paper feed rotates the waste toner auger, it's frozen .
So...
The Waste toner ass'y must be replaced, you can't clean it...Follow the precautions in the T.B.
MAKE SURE the waste toner bottle is rotating and the toner is actually entering the bottle ...If not you will have to replace that assembly.( Really good idea to have it with you on the service call)
Make sure the waste toner auger on the T.B is still rotating , this locks up and rounds out it's drive gear shaft.

Have fun...

COPYDOCAZ
12-17-2018, 02:39 PM
thanks guys very helpfull

Tonerkiller
12-17-2018, 03:53 PM
look at this bulletin. there is also a video showing how to get the wt transport out 2ND-0090 (I052)

Custom Search