PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 951 pro error 2412

Custom Search

Riviera
12-18-2018, 02:51 PM
Customer asked me to look at his 951 . I take care of his Canons. According to him , The wrong tyoner was out in machine. He had someone come out and clean out developer unit and replace developer and wrong toner . Machine ran fine ,but copies got lighter and lighter . The toner was being used up in developer unit but not replenished.all toner feed motors working .So I ordered a tds sensor , thinking that the tech may have zapped it while vacuuming developer out.before leaving I filled developer with toner so customer could use. Came back put sensor in , no change. I have fresh developer to install, but before I do, how can I check to see if the patch sensor and or drum isn't bad, because ,to get him limping along I filled developer with toner again but now its throwing 2412.Im not very familier with Konicas. But he feels hes been beat up by the other company and only wants me to work on his equipment. So any info would be greatly appreciated . I have service manual . But I feel experience is best with this issue due to cicumstances.Thanks for taking time to help

blackcat4866
12-19-2018, 12:36 AM
Did your tech also clean out the toner hopper, vacuum pump, tubing, and sub-hopper? There's another two to three cups of toner in the system that probably did not get cleaned out.

It's the same basic procedure, just clean out all of the wrong toner, from the toner bottle all the way up to the sub-hopper and all the tubing, then developer and new toner, then stir. It doesn't take much wrong toner to screw up the whole process. =^..^=

allan
12-20-2018, 02:50 PM
I think like on the ricoh machines you have to goto multi output mode to "bleed" the system after clearing it out else the toner does not get to the dev tank in time?

wjurls
12-28-2018, 03:43 AM
The TCR Sensor is easily popped with a vacuum. I always remover them prior to changing developer. Try doing the developer calibration under drum peculiarity. I have found that if the sensor is shot, the calibration completes very quickly. It should take around 5 minutes or so if the sensor is working correctly.

Riviera
02-02-2019, 05:41 PM
I think like on the ricoh machines you have to goto multi output mode to "bleed" the system after clearing it out else the toner does not get to the dev tank in time?
thanks to everyone who answerd. UPDATE. customer was outta country till this week. I went back vacuumed everthing including tubes. Changed and calibrated dv. Ran 50 copies or so all good. went to wash up came back it said c2214.so I went back through system, and found no toner made it into sub hopper and turning gear by hand there still wasnt any in tube. 2214 in the manual says toner delivery problem. So I looked into the main hopper and it was almost if not full. But upon further looking by taking the hopper out there was a gear that was part of the hopper turning assembly damaged . a couple of teeth crushed so I filed out and got it turning easily. Confident that now everything is turning throughout system istarted up machine and it goes right into code. nothing even tries to turn.After awhile and a couple calls I narrow down to perhaps that damaged gear caused a motor to be overworked and iy took out print board.. not that it means anything but Hytec agreed. Put another board in same thing!! The manual mentions hopper sensors. I noticed they are all the same so I tried swapping them around nothin. My question is , that the code means after 8 MINS, of receiving no toner in sub hopper it goes into 2214 but its not even trying. It goes directly into code., so something that would be part of toner delivery (motor, sensor ete…maybe PS)must be bad and it dosent have a separate error but utilizes 2214 generectly.. has anyone seen this or have knowledge of something else locking code into machine? Or do I need to somehow bleed system? I can get into Service mode through backdoor but saw nothing that would help.. My next step was going to be to harness and connections throughout toner system and replacement of toner sensors and TD sensor?
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT

wjurls
02-02-2019, 06:10 PM
thanks to everyone who answerd. UPDATE. customer was outta country till this week. I went back vacuumed everthing including tubes. Changed and calibrated dv. Ran 50 copies or so all good. went to wash up came back it said c2214.so I went back through system, and found no toner made it into sub hopper and turning gear by hand there still wasnt any in tube. 2214 in the manual says toner delivery problem. So I looked into the main hopper and it was almost if not full. But upon further looking by taking the hopper out there was a gear that was part of the hopper turning assembly damaged . a couple of teeth crushed so I filed out and got it turning easily. Confident that now everything is turning throughout system istarted up machine and it goes right into code. nothing even tries to turn.After awhile and a couple calls I narrow down to perhaps that damaged gear caused a motor to be overworked and iy took out print board.. not that it means anything but Hytec agreed. Put another board in same thing!! The manual mentions hopper sensors. I noticed they are all the same so I tried swapping them around nothin. My question is , that the code means after 8 MINS, of receiving no toner in sub hopper it goes into 2214 but its not even trying. It goes directly into code., so something that would be part of toner delivery (motor, sensor ete…maybe PS)must be bad and it dosent have a separate error but utilizes 2214 generectly.. has anyone seen this or have knowledge of something else locking code into machine? Or do I need to somehow bleed system? I can get into Service mode through backdoor but saw nothing that would help.. My next step was going to be to harness and connections throughout toner system and replacementof toner sensors and TD sensor?
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT

Codes related to toner delivery are locked just like a fuser code. Reset dip switch 3-1 to a 0 and it will reset the code. I also highly recommend that you purge all the toner tubes, and pumps (pumps are not interchangeable so don't swap them), and make sure that the cone shaped hopper under the toner bottle is clean and empty. Once a backup occurs it can wreak havoc on the entire toner system.

Good luck

Lee

Riviera
02-02-2019, 06:35 PM
Codes related to toner delivery are locked just like a fuser code. Reset dip switch 3-1 to a 0 and it will reset the code. I also highly recommend that you purge all the toner tubes, and pumps (pumps are not interchangeable so don't swap them), and make sure that the cone shaped hopper under the toner bottle is clean and empty. Once a backup occurs it can wreak havoc on the entire toner system.

Good luck

Lee
Thanks so much Lee . I actually did reset that , but im not sure i did it right ? I found dip switch 3-1 entered 0 and turned machine off then back on? Did i miss a step? II guess the code isn't stored in the print controller bd? I assume if it was locked into a code that changing that would eliminate that but I guess not. So after entering 0 at 3-1 what would be next step?

wjurls
02-02-2019, 07:14 PM
Once you change switch 3-1 to a 0(Off) and power the machine off and back on it should come to life. I just confirmed in the SM that C-2214 is indeed locked in switch 3-1.

C-2214 would indicate an obstruction between the main hopper (under the bottle), and the hopper that feeds the DV unit. The reason it allows 8 minutes is because it can take a while to prime the system from empty. I can't stress how important it is to purge all the toner tubes, motors and the cone shaped hopper. That cone hopper is a mixing section for air and toner. It shouldn't be full of toner. If you have a problem with that gear it is likely full and the system will never mix properly.

Riviera
02-02-2019, 08:11 PM
Once you change switch 3-1 to a 0(Off) and power the machine off and back on it should come to life. I just confirmed in the SM that C-2214 is indeed locked in switch 3-1.

C-2214 would indicate an obstruction between the main hopper (under the bottle), and the hopper that feeds the DV unit. The reason it allows 8 minutes is because it can take a while to prime the system from empty. I can't stress how important it is to purge all the toner tubes, motors and the cone shaped hopper. That cone hopper is a mixing section for air and toner. It shouldn't be full of toner. If you have a problem with that gear it is likely full and the system will never mix properly.
so now I have everything turning ,ill make sure all toner removed from hoppers reset 3-1 to 0 power down/up put fresh bottle in and be good to go thanks for taking the time on a Saturday to answer me

allan
02-03-2019, 10:07 AM
If the toner concentration in the developer is to low it will continuously give the error and the toner transport will not get time to function.
Now it makes me ask the question if the developer was initialized or the right amount used?
Make sure there is a good brush on the mag roller.
You may need to tone up the developer and re-initilize the developer to get it going or use a new box of developer.

Add a table spoon of toner to the devtank at a time and repeat initialize until image density is ok.
Just to much toner and you will get a background.

The plug for the devtank caught me a couple of times before.

Custom Search