PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C554e gone bad.....

Custom Search

Zesti
12-18-2018, 03:52 PM
This Bizhub C554e came in for a routine service. When turned ON for time in workshop it stuck on fins screen. After waiting about 10 mins restarted it and all was OK. Got test printouts all were fine and needed servicing, like lot of paper dust every where.
Vacummed the dust, cleaned the rollers, just as routine. When turned ON again after couple of hours, it got stuck again on 2 fins.:confused::confused::confused:.
Tried to reflash and it MFP controller gave N.G. Tried again without any change in result.
Any advise or thoughts.........Or Its worst case scenario... ALREADY......SSDB:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Synthohol
12-18-2018, 04:25 PM
Try reseting the ram and ssd board see if any change in boot time

Rylac
12-18-2018, 06:56 PM
in my experience, a bad dual scan board causes this problem. ive had it happen with a few of these series. each time i replaced the dual scan board and the machine booted up properly.
hope that helps.

mattcoop11
12-18-2018, 09:20 PM
Sounds more than likely the SSD Board, last one I did gave mfp controller N.G and that was a faulty SSD. Easy to do as long as you get the machine type write when reloading FW after replacing with new SSD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zesti
12-19-2018, 07:08 AM
Thanks for input...I had a problem with a 454e that was giving out some DADF error code. Don't know why, but it started working as I was checking voltages on the DADF and suddenly it came to life...:confused::confused::confused:. Since then the 454e machine is working fine.
Now this C554e has this problem, what do you say about MFP N.G while re flashing. The SM refers to bad SSDB.
I've already reseated RAMs and SSDB. Will check the DADF board.

copyman
12-19-2018, 07:50 AM
See if it boot up with USB service port cover open but no USB stick inserted. That little metal cover blocks a sensor when closed. For some reason I've had the same issue and was able to get to boot up by doing this. Once I was able to get it to boot up I formatted HDD, etc. Then installed firmware . There is a bulletin covering this procedure.

Zesti
12-19-2018, 01:11 PM
Thanks again for advises....Strange thing happened this morning when machine turned it gave attached screen, there was no USB attached in any ports and Firmware port was also covered.
Later on tried with FW USB cover opened, NOTHING.41305
I'm already suspecting SSDB, just want to squeeze you guys....;)
Oh also worth mentioning, tried replacing the RAMS....NOTHING....

D_L_P
12-19-2018, 01:36 PM
You mentioned a lot of dust. Take a can of air and blow out all the USB ports. Blow out the service USB port cover sensor too.

That it started and worked once OK would make me hopeful it may live again, good luck!

Rylac
12-19-2018, 05:12 PM
after you tried replacing the RAM, have you reinstalling the original RAM back into the machine to make sure there wasn't some sort of issue with the replacement RAM?

allan
12-19-2018, 05:37 PM
Start the machine in diagnostic mode refer to self-diagnostic from power on in manual for the procedure.
It test communication between MFPB and other boards.
Helps if the box does not boot up.

Zesti
12-20-2018, 08:59 AM
after you tried replacing the RAM, have you reinstalling the original RAM back into the machine to make sure there wasn't some sort of issue with the replacement RAM?
The original RAMS are working fine in my older Dell D630, in fact it got turbo with 4gb, it had 2gb...So RAMS are fine...

Zesti
12-20-2018, 09:01 AM
Start the machine in diagnostic mode refer to self-diagnostic from power on in manual for the procedure.
It test communication between MFPB and other boards.
Helps if the box does not boot up.
Excellent lead, will try today...

Zesti
02-15-2019, 02:33 PM
Ok guys, got this machine to alive again..:cool::cool::cool:
Just to recall the machine got bad after routine cleaning no maor task, after that the machine went to to stuck on 2 fins at startup and gave a heck :confused::confused::confused::confused: to me.
It got fixed by bellow method: I was suspected of bad SSDB but thanks God it was fine.
Install G20-A9 FW. and all was fine. Then updated the SSDB FW and all relative FW's.
So what went wrong was that there was power spikes, one of our power outlet was malfunctioning.
The FW got corrupted and all was wrong in haste.
I was trying to recover SSD while the base FW was corrupt and I was trying later version than uploaded.
Thanks for all you guys who cared for guidance.

Custom Search