PDA

View Full Version : C280 not clearing drum count

Custom Search

copier addict
12-19-2018, 08:07 PM
Hey everyone.

We use black drums and re-chip them for the colours. I recently replaced four drums on a BH C280 and all drum counters cleared except the magenta. I assumed it was a chip issue so I went back today with some new chips. After installing the new chip and inserting the drum the counter still did not clear, so I tried another chip still no change. I also cleaned the chip reader (relay connector). I swapped the black and magenta drums and the machine recognised this, so the chip reader seems to be working.
Has anyone seen this before?
Any info is appreciated.
Thanks

allan
12-19-2018, 08:45 PM
Could be a problem on the relay board in front. Try shorting out pin 1 and 3 where the magenta drum connector plugs in on the relay board while making the door switch of a second.
If it does not clear the time on the switch was not enough if it gives an error code the time was too much. If it does not give the error code after about a second and a half.
Replace the relay board. A paper clip works well but you could make poor contact on some of your attempts. To test on another color do the same and check the unit install date to verify.

This way you do not need to change chips.
I have made reset tools doing the same thing for drums and dev tanks
Works on the 364 machine too but the waste box needs to be set on that model for the drum and on the dev chip take a toner chip from a TN512 toner and mod the bottle to be the same as a TN321 toner then use the ICP from there to replace on the dev chips.

Tip: Only stock up on TN512 and mod to TN321. Higher yield for the same cost!

Custom Search