PDA

View Full Version : C284e dead

Custom Search

mrfuser
12-19-2018, 09:48 PM
Just got this machine in for a client and it’s dead. First two Pillars show up on the screen and that’s it. Unplugged all accessory modules and still the same. Any ideas?

mincopier
12-19-2018, 09:49 PM
NVRAM.

mrfuser
12-19-2018, 09:56 PM
Will firmware fix this?

NVRAM.

copier addict
12-19-2018, 09:58 PM
Will firmware fix this?

If it is the SSD causing the problem there is specific firmware. Although it may not help if it is not booting.

mrfuser
12-19-2018, 10:01 PM
I tried unplugging the hard drive also and it still won’t boot

mrfuser
12-19-2018, 10:03 PM
Noticed cpu fan isn’t even coming on and there are 4 (I think) red leds lit up on the mfp board if that means anything.

mrfuser
12-20-2018, 12:45 AM
Well I download the firmware and tried to upgrade . Even though the screen did nothing the machine rebooted itself and came up to ready State ! Go figure that one out !?!?!?

Only problem now is it won’t recognize drawer one

Woxner
12-20-2018, 01:54 AM
go into service and under part isolation turn the tray back on

mrfuser
12-20-2018, 05:14 AM
Sorry I mis wrote. It sees the drawer only shows “????” On it and when you touch that drawer it says to reload paper. I checked paper lift and that is working so not sure why it doesn’t recognize size nor amount of paper loaded. Hmmm

allan
12-20-2018, 05:19 AM
??? means it is between sizes. Remove the tray and check the slides on the tray and the sensors at the back inside the machine.
Set both trays the same and compare the sensor checks.

Zesti
12-20-2018, 09:34 AM
Well I download the firmware and tried to upgrade . Even though the screen did nothing the machine rebooted itself and came up to ready State ! Go figure that one out !?!?!?

Fuser u'r sooooo lucky..I'm facing same problem in a C554e.....no luck so far....same symptoms of sticking at 2 fins..

Good for you...

Zesti
12-20-2018, 10:21 AM

Fuser u'r sooooo lucky..I'm facing same problem in a C554e.....no luck so far....same symptoms of sticking at 2 fins..

Good for you...

copier addict
12-20-2018, 01:15 PM

If you have access, you should install SSD repair firmware. It may keep this problem from happening again.

mrfuser
12-20-2018, 05:41 PM
I’ll give it a shot today. Going to take another tray to swap.

??? means it is between sizes. Remove the tray and check the slides on the tray and the sensors at the back inside the machine.
Set both trays the same and compare the sensor checks.

allan
12-20-2018, 06:26 PM

Don't just take a tray take the length and with sensor/switch assemblies too. The sensor holder can break.

copier addict
12-20-2018, 07:11 PM

Sometimes if the metal paper guide assembly inside the tray shifts backwards it will cause paper size errors. Make sure the two screws are centred.

mrfuser
12-20-2018, 07:29 PM
Do you know what the sensors are actually called in the parts manual?

srvctec
12-20-2018, 07:34 PM

Generally they are called size detect sensors.

allan
12-20-2018, 08:34 PM

Dude pull out a tray get on your ass and have a look in there. Try opening a parts manual.

mrfuser
12-20-2018, 09:02 PM
Dude! 🤪😂
thanks I needed a chuckle!

Dude pull out a tray get on your ass and have a look in there. Try opening a parts manual.

mrfuser
01-09-2019, 10:12 PM
I’m convinced this unit is possessed! Works perfect then suddenly won’t boot past second pillar! Shut off and come back a couple days later and back on just fine! Then again reboot and it is dead!

Ssd pattern test in service shows ng

any ideas?

copierdude1114
01-09-2019, 11:56 PM
Problem
MFP may stop at 2 bars, 4 bars or KM logo.

Solution
CAUSE: Poor communication between MFPB and other components "Finisher, Network and fax cables, DSIPB, HDD and PRCB".

SOLUTION: Please perform the following steps.
1. Start with disconnecting the following components from MFP "Finisher, Network, fax cables and HDD" and see if machine can take the latest firmware.
2. Disconnect the Printer control board (PRCB) from MFP board (MFPB) (PJ03 on MFPB or CN41 on PRCB) as well as the Dual scan image process board (DSIPB) and see if the machine will boot.
3. If the MFP boots, you can get into service mode by pressing on "Menu" button to bypass the error code screen then touch "Counter" to enter Service Mode and check for trouble codes to help troubleshoot.
4. To access service mode touch Counter-> Display Keypad then enter Stop00 Stop01-> Enter CE Password (default 9272 4x).
5. If the machine boots, reattach all the components that were previously disconnected to see which one causes the issue.

Technical Notes
All that is required to boot the MFP board is the display, touchscreen, SSD board, memory, and power.

mjunkaged
01-10-2019, 03:56 AM

Yea, I'm old and it HURTS when I do it but I still do it!!!!!:cool:

copier addict
01-10-2019, 01:11 PM
I’m convinced this unit is possessed! Works perfect then suddenly won’t boot past second pillar! Shut off and come back a couple days later and back on just fine! Then again reboot and it is dead!

Ssd pattern test in service shows ng

any ideas?

Go into service mode and check the level on the SSD. If it isn't at 6.05 you will need the recovery firmware. If that doesn't work you may need a new SSD board.

Custom Search