PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C658 on Mac OSX 10.13 with Account track

Custom Search

beaker020
12-20-2018, 12:01 AM
I am having a problem with a couple customers running OSX 10.13 or 10.14. The dialog for enabling Account track is missing. It seems to happen in only Apple native products. Word works fine but Safari does not. The Output method dropdown is missing. Instead there is a printer features dropdown but it looks like the list you see when you are looking at the CUPS options. The only work around is to turn on printing without authentication.

I have the latest driver 11.1.1. I have tried resetting the print spool system but nothing works.

Anyone find a solution to this?41309

copier addict
12-20-2018, 12:26 AM
I am having a problem with a couple customers running OSX 10.13 or 10.14. The dialog for enabling Account track is missing. It seems to happen in only Apple native products. Word works fine but Safari does not. The Output method dropdown is missing. Instead there is a printer features dropdown but it looks like the list you see when you are looking at the CUPS options. The only work around is to turn on printing without authentication.

I have the latest driver 11.1.1. I have tried resetting the print spool system but nothing works.

Anyone find a solution to this?41309

Go into adobe and create a profile with the appropriate account settings. Then use this profile to print from the other programs

beaker020
12-21-2018, 05:51 PM
OK, figured it out. Kinda.
from our dealer support:
The issue is with Safari being what is known as a Sandbox application. The only option KMI was able to offer was to have the customer use a different browser( Chrome) for printing. Perhaps in the future the Safari app will be changed to allow outside resources to run, but until then there is no fix for Safari printing with Authentication on the MFP.

But I did find a work around.
There is an update patch for the driver listed under OS X 10.12. KONICAMINOLTA PrinterDriver_1012.pkg.zip (https://cscsupportftp.mykonicaminolta.com/DownloadFile/Download.ashx?fileversionid=24967&productid=1979) If you install that then it will work for non native apps. Then you can create and save a profile with a non native app and then use that profile in the native app and it works. It does mean that you don't get a popup and you have no opportunity to change account or user.

copier addict
12-21-2018, 06:12 PM
OK, figured it out. Kinda.
from our dealer support:
The issue is with Safari being what is known as a Sandbox application. The only option KMI was able to offer was to have the customer use a different browser( Chrome) for printing. Perhaps in the future the Safari app will be changed to allow outside resources to run, but until then there is no fix for Safari printing with Authentication on the MFP.

But I did find a work around.
There is an update patch for the driver listed under OS X 10.12. KONICAMINOLTA PrinterDriver_1012.pkg.zip (https://cscsupportftp.mykonicaminolta.com/DownloadFile/Download.ashx?fileversionid=24967&productid=1979) If you install that then it will work for non native apps. Then you can create and save a profile with a non native app and then use that profile in the native app and it works. It does mean that you don't get a popup and you have no opportunity to change account or user.

Glad my advise was able to help someone.

jonbonse
09-18-2019, 09:40 AM
I too am experiencing the same problem even with Google Chrome!

jonbonse
09-18-2019, 11:05 AM
I too am experiencing the same problem even with Google Chrome!

OK so I found using another app such as Adobe reader and can now select the Output method however now when I try to print with User Authentication, the printer blue LED just flashes at me. Checking the job history shows the job reached the printer but was 'deleted due to error'.

I have tested the user credentials by printing from a Windows PC and that works fine....

Its just the MACS!

Anymore input would be appreciated.

BHM
09-18-2019, 09:43 PM
OK so I found using another app such as Adobe reader and can now select the Output method however now when I try to print with User Authentication, the printer blue LED just flashes at me. Checking the job history shows the job reached the printer but was 'deleted due to error'.

I have tested the user credentials by printing from a Windows PC and that works fine....

Its just the MACS!

Anymore input would be appreciated.

If you have an Office product such as Word or Excel, you get the print dialogue window that allows you to select account track, enter a code and then I would store that as a preset in the driver. If no Office product is installed, open Mac Notes or Firefox and you can get to the settings.

This if fine if the customer is using the same code on that computer. Once you enter the account track code and save it as a preset, they can print from any program.

mincopier
09-19-2019, 12:02 AM
If you have an Office product such as Word or Excel, you get the print dialogue window that allows you to select account track, enter a code and then I would store that as a preset in the driver. If no Office product is installed, open Mac Notes or Firefox and you can get to the settings.

This if fine if the customer is using the same code on that computer. Once you enter the account track code and save it as a preset, they can print from any program.

The other usual software was not working for the OP. This is why I suggested Adobe Acrobat. I had tech with this same problem.

As for not printing, make sure the code is saved and that you are using the correct authentication.

Custom Search