PDA

View Full Version : swapping image unit bizhub c452

Custom Search

arge30
12-25-2018, 01:27 PM
hi all
i need your help
i have a bad cyan image unit (konica minolta bizhub c452), and i can't find it in the market.
it's possible to buy new yellow or magenta and put it in the cyan image unit ?
thanks all

copyman
12-25-2018, 03:05 PM
Using a different color or maybe even black with new aftermarket chip. Run around 60 11x17 half tones and you will see the color gradually change after all the original color is used up it will change to color you want.

blackcat4866
12-25-2018, 03:20 PM
Using a different color or maybe even black with new aftermarket chip. Run around 60 11x17 half tones and you will see the color gradually change after all the original color is used up it will change to color you want.

The difficulty as I see it is getting the machine to recognize the other color as cyan. Once the IU is recognized the toner will gradually get replaced with cyan. The aftermarket chip should solve this problem.
=^..^=

arge30
12-25-2018, 04:54 PM
The difficulty as I see it is getting the machine to recognize the other color as cyan. Once the IU is recognized the toner will gradually get replaced with cyan. The aftermarket chip should solve this problem.
=^..^=

i have the original chip from the old cyan Image unit, and its remain 100% in the life time.
so can i pull the chip from old cyan image unite and install it in the new one? its will work or no?
thank you

blackcat4866
12-25-2018, 08:10 PM
It should work if it's at less than 100% of life.

I would not run 100% cyan fill images. You don't want to completely de-tone the developer, just deplete it. 70% fill images is fine.

allan
12-25-2018, 10:53 PM
If the unit does not reset properly then face C255X error. Best to get the aftermarket chip.

arge30
12-26-2018, 03:18 PM
If the unit does not reset properly then face C255X error. Best to get the aftermarket chip.

how to reset the unit?
thank you

copyman
12-26-2018, 11:28 PM
Only way to reset is with new chip.

Woxner
12-27-2018, 01:47 AM
a lot of times if cyan went bad could be clogged toner port or blk could be over due. throws the voltage out of range

allan
12-27-2018, 08:53 AM
a lot of times if cyan went bad could be clogged toner port or blk could be over due. throws the voltage out of range

Jip not enough current for the HV to dish out to the units. I reset the units even if the life stop frimware and switches is set.
Something to do with aging compensation.

copier tech
12-28-2018, 09:30 PM
hi all
i need your help
i have a bad cyan image unit (konica minolta bizhub c452), and i can't find it in the market.
it's possible to buy new yellow or magenta and put it in the cyan image unit ?
thanks all

You may have sorted this issue now but yes you can fit the wrong colour image unit simply swap the chip, you will then need to run a few 100 full colour prints to 'flush out' the wrong colour. This is not recommended but I've tried this a few times. Believe it or not you can even use waste toner to 'top up' a depleted image unit.

arge30
01-02-2019, 07:10 PM
You may have sorted this issue now but yes you can fit the wrong colour image unit simply swap the chip, you will then need to run a few 100 full colour prints to 'flush out' the wrong colour. This is not recommended but I've tried this a few times. Believe it or not you can even use waste toner to 'top up' a depleted image unit.

thank you very much

Zesti
01-04-2019, 08:26 AM

WAOWWWWWWW.................Really very unique experience....

Custom Search