PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub 361 CD203 error.

Custom Search

mjunkaged
12-26-2018, 07:52 PM
Hey, all:
I have a biz 361 that threw up a CD203 while I was testing feed motor M9 for a feed section squeak.
I have tried holding down the utility key and doing a trouble reset, as well as put in a recovery firmware CF card. The existing firmware seems fine, and functions as it should except I can only access the 1st service mode screen, and pushing any desired menu buttons on touch do nothing except display a 'please wait' message for over 1 minute.
I have also removed the LVPS and ohmed out the 4 24v hard-mounted fuses, and the 120v fuse is also obviously fine if I see a screen light up!
The STOP-ZERO-CLR brings up that menu list, and I tried executing a couple things in there, but still the error persists.
I think the PRCB, and possibly motor are both bad. I wasn't sure if I was doing the recovery firmware CF properly, as I don't seem to have any instructions for it. Any help before I start ordering parts would be appreciated. I wish there were a 'warm restart' switch someplace on this model, like there is on some of the older units!! Is there? I can't find any reference to one, or a jumper. :confused:

allan
12-26-2018, 10:02 PM
Do the firmware upgrade or same version via USB. Could be a problem with the firmware data on the OACB and PRCB not talking they way it should. Could have been triggered by directly accessing the hardware output somehow. So my first guess would be the OACB is not responding to instructions because of firmware data corruption on it. :confused:

So i would think change the OACB first if you are going to change something.

But that is enough of my senseless theories.

Zesti
12-29-2018, 06:44 AM
Try reflashing the CF card...

mjunkaged
12-29-2018, 02:31 PM
Try reflashing the CF card...

Done, writing a new card didn't work. Can NOT access the ISW menu in order to use a USB stick. Recovery FW did not work either. I have replacement boards, and a motor on the way. I'll post a follow-up.

FYI: If your machine has an error that won't reset, your USB stick will be useless if you can't access the menu.

allan
12-29-2018, 04:14 PM
Take your time to read thru the entire ISW section in the manual concerning boards. Those motors are robust so not sure if that will be damaged.
Also look at the notes under "list of adjustment items" in the manual.

mjunkaged
12-29-2018, 08:40 PM
Take your time to read thru the entire ISW section in the manual concerning boards. Those motors are robust so not sure if that will be damaged.
Also look at the notes under "list of adjustment items" in the manual.

I have read and RE-read those sections, unfortunately, if you'll read my post, I've waited 1, 2 , 3+ minutes after pressing the menu buttons in service mode and it continues to say 'please wait.........error CD203.

The stop zero clear CE clear menu does function, but not the first set of buttons on the service mode screen (counter, system1, system2, etc. OK????) Unless I''m missing something, I'm getting old and slightly blind, so if you have an answer, you can give it to me and not make me hunt for it.

Or I can just go fix the machine and get back to you all. Should I wait TEN minutes after each button press? I don't have that kind of time to waste, I'm not working on it at the shop. Hope I'm not coming off rude, thanks for trying to help! :confused::cool:

allan
12-29-2018, 09:45 PM
Meaning that you know what to do when you replace these boards. Understand its currently a brick.

allan
12-29-2018, 09:50 PM
Just trying to help...
In this case i would try my best to get the machine to give a different error by unplugging stuff. Does the control panel go dead if you disconnect the OACB. I have this weird way of trouble shooting that seems to work for me. Sure i come off as an idiot sometimes but at least i get stuff fixed as thick as i am.

Something to chear you up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8vHhgh6oM0

mjunkaged
12-29-2018, 11:29 PM
Just trying to help...
In this case i would try my best to get the machine to give a different error by unplugging stuff. Does the control panel go dead if you disconnect the OACB. I have this weird way of trouble shooting that seems to work for me. Sure i come off as an idiot sometimes but at least i get stuff fixed as thick as i am.

Something to chear you up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8vHhgh6oM0

Yeah, I tried disabling different things also..........before I threw up my hands in disgust and posted for help. All my Kon-Min tech. support people were on vacation for the holidays....rotten timing!!! I've found used staples in this machine, and may have bumped the connection on M9 while it was live but not running near the connector on bottom of motor PCB. I'm aware that NRB and CF contain all my customer's machine critical info, and I'd prefer not to wipe it all out as I'm pretty sure it ain't gonna fix it. Just make more crap to reprogram. Do NOT want to lose counters, in fact, I enabled counter backup to CF function while I was in the only menu that worked under service mode (user touch menu is fine, it's any button on the screen of menu choices AFTER service menu it says "duh please wait" for eternity. Sorry I wasn't clear about that part.....I also experimented by inserting different versions of 361 FW on CF cards, which would not even boot past hourglass screen. I'm going to find out if it was PRCB or OACB or BOTH that took a dump (regardless of what or who killed what) and post a follow up. I'd kill for a soft restart button, especially if I thought it would work.

allan
12-30-2018, 12:24 AM
Let us know what the result is. Its an old machine right? They run well but a little on the fragile side looking at the units. Not to mention the toner supply patent on it.

Lucky enough to avoid them for the best part, never changed CF cards or firmware on these unlike my experience with the bigger brother the 601/751 konica POS.

Standby sucks if all the suppliers are closed for business...

Synthohol
12-30-2018, 12:54 AM
Error Related Products:bizhub 501,bizhub 361,bizhub 421
C-D203 at power ON and the code may not reset.

Root Cause
1. The OACB (Overall Control Board) has failed.
2. A poor connection between the scanner drive motor and PWB-SDB.

Workaround/Fix
1. Before replacing the OACB, reseat the and Memory on board connections. If the issue is still unresolved, replace the OACB (p/n A0R5 H010 06).
2. Reseat CN62 on PWB-SDB. If the problem persists, replace PWB-SDB (p/n 50GA -905 0).

mjunkaged
12-30-2018, 02:29 AM
Error Related Products:bizhub 501,bizhub 361,bizhub 421
C-D203 at power ON and the code may not reset.

Root Cause
1. The OACB (Overall Control Board) has failed.
2. A poor connection between the scanner drive motor and PWB-SDB.

Workaround/Fix
1. Before replacing the OACB, reseat the and Memory on board connections. If the issue is still unresolved, replace the OACB (p/n A0R5 H010 06).
2. Reseat CN62 on PWB-SDB. If the problem persists, replace PWB-SDB (p/n 50GA -905 0).

I did number one, it was in the SM. 2. was not in the manual, I will check that as well.

mjunkaged
01-01-2019, 12:57 AM
Hey all:
SO, I went back today, and sure enough, I could not get the 'please wait CD203' to go away or allow me to access Svc. Menu functions (only the screen, and stop 0 c functions) even after trying different OACB, NRB, etc.

AFTER I replaced feed motor and PRCB, now I HAVE ACCESS TO ALL SVC. MENU FUNCTIONS on BOTH OACB's!!! Please wait is a few seconds. I had to clear all counters, as backup had never been turned on (you can backup counter data on this model to CF card but have to turn it on at least one time slot per day).
Then, I was able to recover the corrupt firmware AND NRB (didn't see that one coming, my last bad nrb stayed bad-blown) by using my trusty USB firmware.

So, hopefully, I can put in new developer and adjust TCR when it arrives (MUST BE DONE any time counter is corrupted/erased), and re-setup all the time/date, network, machine adjustments, etc. etc. and finish the repair. I'll post again when (Hopefully not 'if') it's done.
Thanks to you guys that helped during the holidays!:cool:

mjunkaged
01-01-2019, 01:42 AM
Meaning that you know what to do when you replace these boards. Understand its currently a brick.

Yeah, I seem to have a talent for 'bricking' this series machine, and from what I've read, some like to randomly down themselves with errors.
FYI, default setting on these is to NOT set a regular backup of NRB counter data to CF card, but I'd suggest if you have any 361/421/501 series that you want to NOT lose all counters then turn it on!! Too late for me and my machines, I didn't even know that was an option/might be an issue until I pored over the manual 4 or 5 times just this past couple weeks! But, if you ever want to 'zero' your electronic counters........just have spare boards/mem/NRB on hand!!

Things I've learned:

1. NEVER unplug the NRB from OACB until after power has been removed for at least ONE MINUTE!! Yes, I did that once.
You'll sometimes need to get a replacement NRB sent from Kon-Min to fix the unit if your used ones won't work.

2. Pretty much any time you have covers off, no matter how busy you are, better unplug the machine, or at least SW2 OFF. These things are SO touchy, I think it may be susceptible to static discharge in places you'd never imagine, like way down by a motor harness?? In other words, you don't have to touch the boards, just anything wired to them!!

3. BTW, NRB replacement wipes ALL your setup settings, and not sure if the above mentioned backup works for only counters or machine settings as well....anyone???? I did try a recovery from the working counter data in the swapped NRB but it was a FAIL. :confused::mad::rolleyes::cool:

allan
01-01-2019, 09:28 AM
I would have given up a lot sooner and replaced it wit a used 363 machine. :cool:

mjunkaged
01-01-2019, 02:11 PM
I would have given up a lot sooner and replaced it wit a used 363 machine. :cool:

If I'd had one to sell, and my customer wanted to drop a few grand on it, that would have been sweet! I STILL would have wanted to fix the 361, it's just hitting 400k, a baby!!;):cool:

allan
01-01-2019, 03:33 PM
A colic baby:rolleyes:

mjunkaged
01-04-2019, 01:26 AM
SO:

I replaced developer, ran TCR, all good except, someone or something has changed web AND admin touch password to something we (me, customer, IT) don't know or want.
AND when I try to perform admin password clear, it appears to work, but then still can't enter the default 12345678 at touch panel.
I need to log in so I can set the time and date, and S ZERO C just ain't working any longer. This same machine has had passwords changed by NOBODY KNOWS WHO 3 times (over a few years) before it turned into a brick a couple weeks ago. I was always able to set both back to default before, and then re-enter what I wanted web pw to be.

Also, an interesting 'glitch' : when I go into the 'set admin password' screen after clearing it, the screen seems to allow me to enter 12345678, but then when I press end, cancel, or ANYTHING, screen appears frozen, and I have to reboot with main SW.

I also get orange blinking light under lift handle of ADF (status lights front of scanner), I've gotta look up what that means in SM again.

ALSO STRANGE: before it finishes booting to 'ready to copy' I get a screen saying license management error, and I can press close but it continues to say it under the 'ready to copy' .
I need clean new firmware, not sure but I think what I have may be old or corrupted or worse!
Good news is, it now prints, copies, scans like it did before, and I didn't need to restore any machine settings except paper size for LCT on the bottom off A4 and back to LT.:confused::cool:

allan
01-04-2019, 01:42 AM
Had the exact same issue with a B601 in the past. Also after playing with the CF-card and firmware.
Not sure how i fixed but got it fixed. Think it happens if you just copy the CF-card data without using the CF-card recovery procedure.
Search the forum for "license management error" its a simple crack where you temperately change the serial number for a serial with a known reset code.

allan
01-04-2019, 01:45 AM
OK for clarity, if you have a problem with "License management error" in _ANY_ machine type, please follow procedure below.

1. Go to the service mode and change machine serial number to A0R6021006374 (must be uppercase)
2. Reboot the machine (turn off/on main power switch)
3. Go again to the service mode, then [STOP]->[9], then [License Management]->[Initialize]
4. Use following initialization code: 2VRA4-UGGA2-Z2H4K-7AVUH-F58SW-J2Z7U-QVKVK
5. Reboot machine again
6. One more time go to service mode and set back your original serial number
7. Last reboot, and you should have no error

ANY means:
Bizhub 421/501
Bizhub 601/751
Bizhub 223/283/363/423
Bizhub 552/652
Bizhub 224e/284e/364e
Bizhub C203/C253/C353
Bizhub C220/C280/C360
Bizhub C224/C284/C364 also 'e'
Bizhub C454/C554 also 'e'
and so on...

mjunkaged
01-04-2019, 02:05 AM
OK for clarity, if you have a problem with "License management error" in _ANY_ machine type, please follow procedure below.

1. Go to the service mode and change machine serial number to A0R6021006374 (must be uppercase)
2. Reboot the machine (turn off/on main power switch)
3. Go again to the service mode, then [STOP]->[9], then [License Management]->[Initialize]
4. Use following initialization code: 2VRA4-UGGA2-Z2H4K-7AVUH-F58SW-J2Z7U-QVKVK
5. Reboot machine again
6. One more time go to service mode and set back your original serial number
7. Last reboot, and you should have no error

ANY means:
Bizhub 421/501
Bizhub 601/751
Bizhub 223/283/363/423
Bizhub 552/652
Bizhub 224e/284e/364e
Bizhub C203/C253/C353
Bizhub C220/C280/C360
Bizhub C224/C284/C364 also 'e'
Bizhub C454/C554 also 'e'
and so on...
I'm really starting to like this Allan guy!! :cool:;)

allan
01-04-2019, 02:10 AM
Credit should go to the original poster.
This has been reposted so many times know one knows...

mjunkaged
01-04-2019, 02:17 AM

OK, thanks to the original poster! Wherever you are!!
:cool:

allan
01-04-2019, 02:24 AM
Ok remeber now. If you cant use a cf-card from one machine in the next. That is when you get the password problem.
So when you changed the board and used the existing CF-card you created the problem just do the CF-card recovery again and it should be sorted.

mjunkaged
01-04-2019, 03:23 AM
Ok remeber now. If you cant use a cf-card from one machine in the next. That is when you get the password problem.
So when you changed the board and used the existing CF-card you created the problem just do the CF-card recovery again and it should be sorted.

I'm going to fix the license issue first, then what's the latest firmware version for 361, do you know? I'm not sure what my version is, as the executable had a different name. I have ver. 11, and not sure of the version I have that's latest because the executable is named '361US_m1g2100.exe, which when executed shows 'A0R7011m1g21000 (on mfp controller files)'. I got these from a different copytech poster for a previous machine's issue. :confused::confused:

Phil B.
01-04-2019, 03:27 AM

yes Yoda... but it is the memory and search factors... read yes... forget NOT!

good job Bro!

Phil B.
01-04-2019, 03:30 AM
I'm going to fix the license issue first, then what's the latest firmware version for 361, do you know? I'm not sure what my version is, as the executable had a different name. I have ver. 11, and not sure of the version I have that's latest because the executable is named '361US_m1g2100.exe, which when executed shows 'A0R7011m1g21000'. I got these from a different copytech poster for a previous machine's issue. :confused::confused:

well please do keep us updated.. but frankly seeing the procedures posted by Allan.. you might have it

mjunkaged
01-04-2019, 03:34 AM
well please do keep us updated.. but frankly seeing the procedures posted by Allan.. you might have it

Right, but two different issues, so maybe I can access admin modes after the license snafu gets cleaned up!:cool:

mjunkaged
01-04-2019, 03:37 AM
To be clear, except for inserting a recovery CF card in place of the existing one, it should normally be flashed using the rear USB and a stick. What you're saying is it's a bad idea to take the cover off with FOUR SCREWS holding it on (two now) and just swap cards from other machines willy-nilly, even the same model #, or password corruption and other issues will occur, right?
If memory serves me, I tried first recovery CF, NG, then when I went back with parts I tried to swap over NRB + CF from existing (bootlooped) OACB and did not work/clear error code. ONLY after I 'borrowed the donor NRB (I think) that kicked it in the butt. Donor was 501, not 361.

allan
01-04-2019, 04:57 AM
I would try the CF-card recovery first. And then worry about the license issue is at all.
Don't think its you firmware.
Got no clue about firmware ver on these machines. I would have thrown it with a brick by now!

Zesti
01-04-2019, 06:57 AM
Hi guys,
Couldn't check this back in days due to busyness.....I had the CD203 on BH501 and it got sorted out when I had a good working image of the CF card. I formatted the CD203 CF card in Windows PC and then restored the image on the formatted card... ALLL IS FINE SINCE THEN.

mjunkaged
01-04-2019, 01:26 PM
I would try the CF-card recovery first. And then worry about the license issue is at all.
Don't think its you firmware.
Got no clue about firmware ver on these machines. I would have thrown it with a brick by now!

Yeah, these tough/weird issues keep me humble, but I wouldn't want EVERY call to be this tough! Lucky the customer was game to fix it.
:cool:

mjunkaged
01-14-2019, 11:04 PM
I got all that fixed, but still no admin access (NOT default, or others, password reset entry screen still freezes) so could not set up scanning again. I have the original CF card for the OACB that's working in it, and was going to try putting it back in after erasing it/copying working image from other 361 machine's CF card, without formatting either one. Hope it works. Next visit, but not holding my breath.

Synthohol
01-14-2019, 11:50 PM
can you access the copier via web?
sorry if you have said before, i didnt read every post.

mjunkaged
01-15-2019, 12:01 AM
can you access the copier via web?
sorry if you have said before, i didnt read every post.

No, and I don't blame you this is getting to be a long thread! :cool:

Synthohol
01-15-2019, 12:09 AM
what about soft reset?

mjunkaged
01-15-2019, 12:14 AM
what about soft reset?

Soft reset of what? Nearly everything has been tried. Some older models had restart switches, this one doesn't have any to my knowledge. :confused:

mjunkaged
01-24-2019, 09:30 PM
So, I was on-site and tried installing the original NRB from the bad OACB, which didn't seem to work the first time I tried it (maybe it was a license error and I ASSUMED it was bad, or it laid in the box long enough to clear the error?). IT WORKS! TIME! DATE! PASSWORDS/RESETTABLE!
It's on the network now and scanning again. THANKS to all who gave suggestions and input.
I also brought the offending NRB(nonvol ram board) home and have discharged its capacitor, so it's ready to be installed in any OACB of that model family (361,421,501). :cool:

Custom Search