PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c252 problem after fuser reset

Custom Search

postmart
12-27-2018, 06:53 PM
So I reset the fuser this morning with a 63ma fuse and everything seemed to go fine, reset the copier error msg went away, but not once its does a full warm up the screen just got black like its automatically going into standby mode or something. As its warming up I can go into any menu I want and pretty much do anything I want. But the moment it finishes warming up thats it screen goes black. Any thoughts?

Toxic
12-27-2018, 07:32 PM
When screen go black how do you recover again,restart on main switch,sub switch ?
Did you try troublereset just in case?

postmart
12-27-2018, 07:58 PM
Either power switch will recover to the point of it thinking its restarting. yes I did trouble reset. Im unable to copy or print by the time it warms up and stabilizes image it goes dark / standby

Toxic
12-27-2018, 08:22 PM
In that "sleep" state,can you ping or access over web page to machine?
If problem apear just after fuser reset i would start from there,remove fuser,check is fuse open circuit,check connectors,pinched wires...

postmart
12-27-2018, 08:59 PM
In that "sleep" state,can you ping or access over web page to machine?
If problem apear just after fuser reset i would start from there,remove fuser,check is fuse open circuit,check connectors,pinched wires...

I repulled the fuser and removed the fuse checked wires etc and reinstalled. and no i can no ping the copier

tsbservice
12-27-2018, 09:21 PM
Can you go into service mode?

mrwho
12-27-2018, 09:40 PM
Found these two, apparently not related between them and not exactly your problem, but it's suspicious that they share the same cause:

DESCRIPTION: The copier control panel blanks out when running the gradation adjustment.
CAUSE: Poor connection.
SOLUTION: Check the scanner interface cable for bent pins. If there are bent pins, straighten the pins with needle-nose pliers and check the female connection on the copier. Verify that the holes are the correct size and are clean.

DESCRIPTION: 'Warming Up' message remains on the control panel.
CAUSE: There are bent pins on the copier to scanner interface cable.
SOLUTION: Straighten the pins on the male side and then check that the female connector holes are round shaped and not oval shaped. If the holes are oval shaped, insert a small pin to reform the hole to a round shape.

So, check the scanner cable...

Synthohol
12-27-2018, 11:20 PM
So I reset the fuser this morning with a 63ma fuse and everything seemed to go fine, reset the copier error msg went away, but not once its does a full warm up the screen just got black like its automatically going into standby mode or something. As its warming up I can go into any menu I want and pretty much do anything I want. But the moment it finishes warming up thats it screen goes black. Any thoughts?

fuse should be .063 1/16thA
did you remove the fuse after it blew? did you ohm it out and make sure its open and see if it turns on?

postmart
12-27-2018, 11:21 PM
Can you go into service mode?

No it seems to hang when trying to go into service mode

postmart
12-27-2018, 11:24 PM
Also it is allowing me to ping the copier.. for a few mins after the screen goes blank.. then it goes away

Toxic
12-28-2018, 02:34 AM
I have once similar problem with restarting,hanging up in middle of job,turning off... in no specific order,just randomly,sometimes few days without problem, so hard to troubleshot.
After long time finding solution problem was resolved replacing sub power switch (right side of control panel).
When measure with multimeter resistance fluctuate from 10 to 60 ohms and should be arround 1 ohm for proper working.
You have always same turning off but worth try to check this in 10 minutes.

tech51
12-28-2018, 09:16 AM
Try rebooting with the network cable out.

Ive had machines do this when ip conflicts occurr.

postmart
12-28-2018, 03:00 PM
Ok its has to be something with the fuser, or so I'm guessing, if I unplug the fuser, I am able to get in the service mode and the copier doesnt go dark. Im just not sure what might have happened to the fusier

Synthohol
12-28-2018, 04:38 PM
In my last post I asked if you check the fuse once it blue to make sure that it was open why don't you cut the fuse out the test again

copyman
12-28-2018, 04:58 PM
Not sure if it was mentioned but did the fuse blow and reset the life counter? Like Syn suggested remove fuse . If counter reset then fuse should be blown and not like it's even there anyway.

allan
12-28-2018, 05:06 PM
Can remember that it needs to be a "slow blow" fuse otherwise it does not reset after blowing the fuse.

Also think your problem could be unrelated to the fuser.

postmart
12-28-2018, 06:16 PM
Yes the counter reset and the fuse did blow.. But i did remove the fuse already, I thought I said that in another reply.

allan
12-28-2018, 06:19 PM
What else have you tried to fix the (not the fuser) issue?

Slow roasted and ICP or something.

copyman
12-28-2018, 06:23 PM
If all you did was remove fuser and change fuse, and according to your last post it will boot up with fuser unit removed then it has to be something fuser related. My guess is wrong fuse or not slo-blo like other poster said. Find a new fuser cheap on ebay, etc, replace it and be done with it. Otherwise most likely will be going back for a warped exit actuator in the near future. Very rare to get another cycle out of those fusers, mostly because of that actuator warping.

tech51
12-28-2018, 07:20 PM
Am I missing something? Surely if you unplug the fuser you should get an error code related to it not warming up!

Either I’m not understanding what you’re saying or your machine is severely busted.

Either way while you’re in service mode, check for error codes.

Toxic
12-28-2018, 08:34 PM
I agree,it should code if turn on without fuser.
I can confirm this machines likes fast fuses,i use some time ago 100mA fast fuses, it have mark "F" (a lots of them for fuser,transfer belt...).

postmart
Re: Bizhub c252 problem after fuser reset
Yes the counter reset and the fuse did blow.. But i did remove the fuse already, I thought I said that in another reply.

When you remove blown fuse,what you do with 2 wires,separate wires or put both wires together and isolate? :)

postmart
12-28-2018, 09:17 PM
I agree,it should code if turn on without fuser.
I can confirm this machines likes fast fuses,i use some time ago 100mA fast fuses, it have mark "F" (a lots of them for fuser,transfer belt...).

When you remove blown fuse,what you do with 2 wires,separate wires or put both wires together and isolate? :)

Once the wires were removed I just taped them up apart.. im sure it would fry things if I just twisted them together LOL.

postmart
12-28-2018, 09:53 PM
Ok this copier has a mind of its own, by stopping the stabilizing image by opening one of the doors to the copier, I could leave the fuser in and still get into service menu. I went and reset all counters for errors.. looked at error logs.. and pretty much checked all settings.. closed the door and by god is it working.. so toss a little salt over the shoulder and move on... Thanks for the help guys

copyman
12-29-2018, 01:49 AM
Glad you got it working. Yeah those old machines have a mind of their own.

I took it that you were able to remove fuser and get to a screen with error code which would allow access to serv mode, etc. Anything is better than no screen, haha

Toxic
12-29-2018, 02:06 AM
I was hoping for some exotic and strange solution to this problem. :)
I hope you dont get same problem soon again because we all did not figure what is trouble.

copyman
12-29-2018, 03:23 AM
All the great minds on this forum did come up with the solution, "fuser related". At least it sounds better then blaming bad paper :cool:

copier tech
12-29-2018, 03:05 PM
No where can I see you mentioned updating the firmware?

Always good to start any weird issue updating to the latest version so many engineers replace boards at $$$$$ cost before doing the basics!

postmart
01-02-2019, 02:51 PM
Glad you got it working. Yeah those old machines have a mind of their own.

I took it that you were able to remove fuser and get to a screen with error code which would allow access to serv mode, etc. Anything is better than no screen, haha

Was able to leave the fuser in the system just had to open the door to stop the warm up.. But yea was able to reset all errors and it just started working.

allan
01-02-2019, 03:16 PM
Does a soft switch count as "fuser related"?
Burned at the stake....

Custom Search