PDA

View Full Version : BIZ 361/421/501 recovery CF instructions needed.....

Custom Search

mjunkaged
01-01-2019, 01:45 AM
Hey TECHS.!!!
I have 361 recovery firmware files, but seem to have lost (or never had) instructions for them......the card I had made up did NOT recover my CD203 error, in fact didn't work at all, perhaps I created it wrong as well??? Thanks in advance for any info. Just want to be ready for next time there's a FW glitch.
:confused::cool:

mincopier
01-01-2019, 02:17 AM
This is what I have:

Release notes for the Bizhub 421 CF card recovery firmware
This firmware, Recovery421.exe is for the recovery of a corrupted CF card. The recovery firmware should only be used after flashing the machine via the USB drive port has been done and the firmware on the CF card is suspected to be corrupted.
To perform the recovery procedure, remove the CF card from the machine and install it in a CF card reader/writer to access the files on the CF card. Select the CF card, NOTE: DO NOT FORMAT THE CF CARD AS IT WILL NO LONGER BE RECOGNIZED BY THE MACHINE. Create two new folders, one to backup the current files and one to unzip the new files into. Select all files on the CF card and cut and paste them to one of the newly created folders. Next, unzip the recovery firmware into the other new folder that was created then, select all and cut and paste them to the CF card. When the files are done transferring, make sure to properly eject the CF card before removing it.
Reinstall the CF card into the machine and turn it on. The firmware level will now be at the first release version for the machine. The machine can now be flashed up to the latest firmware level using a USB drive.

mjunkaged
01-01-2019, 02:54 AM
Thank you! Just what I needed. ;):cool:

Zesti
01-04-2019, 08:37 AM
I hope you'll have another working 361-421-501. Take image of the working CF and restore it on the problem card. I hope it work. Works for me...

mjunkaged
01-04-2019, 01:18 PM
I hope you'll have another working 361-421-501. Take image of the working CF and restore it on the problem card. I hope it work. Works for me...
Unless I'm losing my mind, I believe it must be the card from another 361, as all 3 models have different firmware files. I've never tried sticking a 421 or 501 in a 361, and don't have one close by anyway. Would it work without corrupting further files/settings?:confused:

allan
01-04-2019, 03:46 PM
Best not to format them only move copy delete paste. The CF-cards are bootable and if you don't know how to do that bit best not to do it but have a look at this.

Google this entire next line.

search site:www.copytechnet.com (http://www.copytechnet.com) recover CF-card

(https://www.versalogic.com/docs/kb/VT1600%20Preparing%20a%20CF%20or%20HD%20to%20Boot% 20VxWorks.pdf)https://www.versalogic.com/docs/kb/VT1600%20Preparing%20a%20CF%20or%20HD%20to%20Boot% 20VxWorks.pdf

mjunkaged
01-04-2019, 04:30 PM
[QUOTE=allan;719522]Best not to format them only move copy delete paste. The CF-cards are bootable and if you don't know how to do that bit best not to do it but have a look at this.

I'm quite familiar, and have never formatted a biz cf using windows. However, I was given HXD to use in case I needed it. Had to use it once, I think it fixed a corrupted old CF, but then it failed again and I ended up replacing it! But I'll do the forum search on it here so I'll read anything I may have missed/forgotten.
I have FIT as well.

:cool:

Custom Search