PDA

View Full Version : C224 can’t scan or fax suddenly

Custom Search

mrfuser
01-04-2019, 12:03 AM
Ok, machine was fine now suddenly can’t scan to email or fax. Print and copy are fine. Load original choose destination and hit start, screen changes then nothing happens and reverts back to screen where you choose destination! ?!?!?

any ideas?

Phil B.
01-04-2019, 12:06 AM
Ok, machine was fine now suddenly can’t scan to email or fax. Print and copy are fine. Load original choose destination and hit start, screen changes then nothing happens and reverts back to screen where you choose destination! ?!?!?

any ideas?

has any network settings changed?
sounds like someone has overrode the settings for the scan location/user?
clearly scanner is working if you can copy...

copyman
01-04-2019, 12:07 AM
Sorry have to ask, did you turn off and on "main" switch inside front door? I've seen this reset and start working.

Are you sure nothing changed like internet provider, modem, etc?

Also have seen settings get lost after power outage and have to be put back in.

mrfuser
01-04-2019, 12:14 AM
Nothing changed. Copy works just fine. Print just fine. It won’t even try to scan a doc for fax or email

allan
01-04-2019, 01:07 AM
Sound like a SSD error. Check for errors in history an job log.
Try creating a new one-touch destination or send a fax by entering the number an see what that does.
If that works then try exporting clearing the machine and importing the destinations.

mrfuser
01-04-2019, 07:58 PM
Ssd check in service mode shows all good. Upgraded firmware without any problems. Swapped out the fax kit and all is still the same!

also can’t get the web interface to come up. Gets part way and stops

copier tech
01-04-2019, 10:09 PM
Bizhubs use the HDD to scan & fax so may that has failed,?

However as always have you updated the firmware,?

mjunkaged
01-04-2019, 10:37 PM
Bizhubs use the HDD to scan & fax so may that has failed,?

However as always have you updated the firmware,?

His post says he updated firmware. I assume he did so with the desired fax kit installed.
I'm curious, is the button for scan or fax on the screen to select? DO you have any error messages or warning symbols on display? I'm not real familiar with 4 series color box. HDD is needed for both, as reply stated.

mrfuser
01-04-2019, 11:46 PM
Some how the hdd uninstalled itself! No idea how but when it was reinstalled all worked!

copier tech
01-04-2019, 11:49 PM
Some how the hdd uninstalled itself! No idea how but when it was reinstalled all worked

You’re welcome ��

mrfuser
01-05-2019, 12:06 AM
Funny thing was I figured it out just before I saw your post after I printed a config page showing the hard drive was not installed

mjunkaged
01-05-2019, 12:08 AM
Some how the hdd uninstalled itself! No idea how but when it was reinstalled all worked!

I hope a.) your HDD doesn't keep dropping off as it may probably be dying if so, and b.) your customer backs up any data they don't want to lose, if any stored. Think you can do it in web admin on nearly every KonMin. :cool:

Custom Search