PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica SD-511 saddle/folding/staple issue

Custom Search

Sweetmusclecar
01-04-2019, 09:26 PM
Hello folks, I have a customer with a C554 and a FS-534/SD-511 saddle. every now and then the center staple will be 3/4 up the page but folded correctly. We have cleaned, adjusted and updated firmware with no joy. anyone seen this? any input would be greatly appreciated thanks.

tech51
01-05-2019, 03:00 PM
You have a problem with the grippers that pull the paper down for folding.
The paper is either slipping out of them, or the wiring to the gripper solenoid is broken (it runs in a guide to to the grippers and breaks where it flexes).

My my first step is to polish every guide plate and cover with furniture polish to prevent static and allow the paper to move smoothly.

Secondly check the wiring.

I have also had customers pull the grippers off completely, so make sure they are actually there!

Hope this helps

3ktlc
01-07-2019, 03:14 PM
Had lever #A3ERPP3402 break causing this too.

oldtech
02-27-2019, 07:17 PM
You have a problem with the grippers that pull the paper down for folding.
The paper is either slipping out of them, or the wiring to the gripper solenoid is broken (it runs in a guide to to the grippers and breaks where it flexes).

My my first step is to polish every guide plate and cover with furniture polish to prevent static and allow the paper to move smoothly.

Secondly check the wiring.

I have also had customers pull the grippers off completely, so make sure they are actually there!

Hope this helps
I have one of these units installed on a C754e. At times the half fold inside sheet will hang and will be miss folded. I can wipe it down with a cloth dampened with a little soap and water and it will work for days. I'm unused to static problems here in eastern NC. Do you think furniture polish is a more permanent solution? The brushes look to be in place and not damaged or worn.
Thanks for any ideas

Phil B.
02-27-2019, 08:09 PM
I'm unused to static problems here in eastern NC. Do you think furniture polish is a more permanent solution?

Polish will never forever ... I would use car Polish.. longer lasting .I use Nu-Finish .. it even cleans n protects PCR's!

907tec
02-27-2019, 09:55 PM
I've used 'Static Guard' fabric spray in the past. Can't compare the longevity to the other options, but it has worked in a pinch.

Phil B.
02-27-2019, 11:01 PM
I've used 'Static Guard' fabric spray in the past. Can't compare the longevity to the other options, but it has worked in a pinch.

years ago I was sent for training @ Static Control Components - Locations (https://customer.scc-inc.com/aboutus/locations.aspx) it was there I learned the NuFinish for PCR's. I have been using it for decades. in '07 or '08 I tried it on a ricoh color drum, we were getting 20k/30k on a 120k drum.. cleared up the issues.. made print sharper and we started to get 150k on the drums... boss even made the install crew install ONLY drums that myself and one other tech "modified".
PS.. I didn't get an "Atta Boy" from the boss.. but my service manager to me for a steak dinner! plus the other tech were really glad having NOT to go on a "drum issue" call. worked on all models then (except for drums w/ lube bars)

Custom Search