PDA

View Full Version : KONICA MINOLTA BIZHUB 4750 - roller transferring/repeating image on right side of sht

Custom Search

S2PARKS
01-08-2019, 05:11 PM
My Konica Minolta Bizhub 4750 has a roller somewhere that is tracking/repeating image on the right hand margin of every page. I would really like to find this and fix it. I can get around it by moving all type/images outside of that margin (minimum of 1.25" on the right side), but that often means reducing my copy and I would like to avoid doing this. I also cannot duplex things or it means a 1.25" margin on both sides and that's often too much.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

blackcat4866
01-09-2019, 12:05 AM
What interval does this pattern repeat at? =^..^=

copyman
01-09-2019, 12:39 AM
Most likely drum or fuser unit needs to be replaced. BC is asking distance between defects to determine which one is bad.

S2PARKS
01-09-2019, 03:28 PM
Looks like about every three inches, until multiple copies are run, and then it starts repeating 41408 I tried to attach picture here so you can see. Hopefully it will upload.

S2PARKS
01-09-2019, 03:31 PM
New drum imaging unit has been installed, but not a new Fuser Unit (those are really pricey for this old copier). Crossing my fingers it's not the Fuser Unit.

copyman
01-09-2019, 05:38 PM
You should be able to remove and turn drum by hand and see if defect is on drum. Also not sure if you can turn fuser while in machine or if end user replaceable remove fuser unit and turn gear to rotate fuser roller to see if any defects on fuser rollers. Repeat image is usually caused by the fuser. Might be able to find fuser on ebay or maybe there is an aftermarket option that would be much less expensive.

I don't know the small K/M models that well but what I suggested is basic copier knowledge.

S2PARKS
01-09-2019, 05:44 PM
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I do not even know how to get to the fuser on this machine to see if I can turn it. I will do a more thorough once over later today and see if I can't figure it out. I bought this used for a particular project for $190.00. It worked beautifully for my project and would like to use it for other things, but the repeating makes it unusable for much of my work. A new fuser is $250.00, but I have not looked on Ebay. Thank you for the suggestion.

copyman
01-09-2019, 06:48 PM
I confirmed it is end user replaceable which means it's easily removable. Open a door near where the pages exit printer and pull down on 2 blue levers and fuser slides right out. Rotate the gear on end of fuser unit and look at the orange & black rollers in really good light. You should see a worn spot or built up of toner on the black roller.

allan
01-09-2019, 07:22 PM
looking at the image the toner is picked off the original lettering gets lighter.
My money is on the fuser.

Could be as simple as cleaning it off.

S2PARKS
01-09-2019, 08:36 PM
I am hoping this is not a stupid question, but is the Fuser and Imaging Unit the same thing? When I bought used copier, it was tracking, but still suited what I needed it to do for the one order. First thing I did was replace the imaging unit.

I followed the instructions noted and removed the toner cartridge, then the Imaging Unit. There is a blue drum that is visible but I did not see any orange or black rollers. I have attached a screen shot of the two things that come out very easily and what I have replaced. The third item on the page is the expensive one and I am not sure it's worth putting in this copier, but if I could get to it and clean it, worth a shot. I am guessing that third one is not an "end user replaceable" component, but I am pretty handy.

Again, thank you all for your help.

blackcat4866
01-10-2019, 12:13 AM
Looks like about every three inches, until multiple copies are run, and then it starts repeating 41408 I tried to attach picture here so you can see. Hopefully it will upload.

You'll have to take an accurate measurement if you'd like an accurate bit of advice. Millimeters if possible, please.

copyman
01-10-2019, 03:17 AM
Sorry, my mistake. I was looking at the Magicolor 4750 which is end user friendly. Looking at the "bizhub" 4750 I see the fuser is different and looks to be installed by a technician.

To answer your question fuser unit is different than image unit and the one you don't have circled in picture. Like I posted don't know the small machines that well so don't know how hard the fuser is to install. Maybe someone else can post procedure or maybe you can put a request in for the service manual if you want to attempt the repair yourself.

3ktlc
01-10-2019, 02:33 PM

It is not easy. Basically you have to disassemble the whole machine

princef18
01-17-2019, 10:16 AM
I am hoping this is not a stupid question, but is the Fuser and Imaging Unit the same thing? When I bought used copier, it was tracking, but still suited what I needed it to do for the one order. First thing I did was replace the imaging unit.

I followed the instructions noted and removed the toner cartridge, then the Imaging Unit. There is a blue drum that is visible but I did not see any orange or black rollers. I have attached a screen shot of the two things that come out very easily and what I have replaced. The third item on the page is the expensive one and I am not sure it's worth putting in this copier, but if I could get to it and clean it, worth a shot. I am guessing that third one is not an "end user replaceable" component, but I am pretty handy.

Again, thank you all for your help.

Check the fuser unit, the fuser roller probably got scratched/worn out and it is not heating up properly to melt the toner onto the paper. So part of it is being transferred on the roller and the same you are seeing on the paper.

Turn the fuser slowly to check for damage to its roller.

Custom Search