PDA

View Full Version : KM C284e SMB 2.0 Issue

Custom Search

Rewind!
01-09-2019, 11:48 PM
Evening all, we have a few C284e's that we were trying to get scan to folder working correctly under the SMB 2.0 protocol. We have a few 8 series working with no issue. I've read through various posts and searches, and everything keeps leading me back to a firmware release to correct the issue in the CXX4e series. Looking on our KM portal the newest firmware stated for the 4e series was released on 3/10/17 (A5C10Y0-F000-G20-M1). All of the posts reference the firmware releasing in late 2018 (August). There was a technical bulletin released on 12/20/18 (attached TB) advising of a new firmware release (GHV-M1) which I am tryting to obtain confirmation if this FW version would help correct the issue. Currently our KM portal does still not list this firmware as downloadable. Here's hoping you can all lead me in the right dirrection.

Much thanks!

JC

B0265
01-10-2019, 07:33 AM
SMB v2 should be supported from version GDB-M1 and later.

Phil B.
01-10-2019, 09:36 AM
SMB v2 should be supported from version GDB-M1 and later.

sounds like he doesn't have the correct version then!

copier addict
01-10-2019, 01:15 PM
Evening all, we have a few C284e's that we were trying to get scan to folder working correctly under the SMB 2.0 protocol. We have a few 8 series working with no issue. I've read through various posts and searches, and everything keeps leading me back to a firmware release to correct the issue in the CXX4e series. Looking on our KM portal the newest firmware stated for the 4e series was released on 3/10/17 (A5C10Y0-F000-G20-M1). All of the posts reference the firmware releasing in late 2018 (August). There was a technical bulletin released on 12/20/18 (attached TB) advising of a new firmware release (GHV-M1) which I am tryting to obtain confirmation if this FW version would help correct the issue. Currently our KM portal does still not list this firmware as downloadable. Here's hoping you can all lead me in the right dirrection.

Much thanks!

JC

Did you click on the "Special Firmware" tab. The new GHV-M1 firmware is in the special category.

Rewind!
01-10-2019, 03:06 PM
Much thank on your time, and responses. Definitely do not see any special firmware folders, or directories under the 4e series in our KM portal. Ive attached a snip of what we have available, we were thinking that our KM portal had limited access. This more than likely confirms our thoughts. I would have to see about getting more functionality associated with our credentials. Any chance someone could link the firmware download for us? We would greatly apprecaite your efforts!

Much thanks!

JC

Rewind!
01-10-2019, 03:08 PM
I forgot to add the snip!41426

kingarthur
01-10-2019, 03:38 PM
do you access to "infohub"after logging in, click on "support". Then "CS expert support", "download/knova", click on "select" to search for the model, in the top search bar type in SAL, it will have the latest FW, manuals etc for that model

tsbservice
01-10-2019, 04:59 PM
This isn't infohub. Looks like FTP with some docs, files and folders.
You probably don't have any access to CSES site, or?

copier tech
01-10-2019, 05:57 PM
I forgot to add the snip!41426

Look like you're using some random FTP site that's rarely updated.

See attached for further info you may also want to update the 'Function version'

Rewind!
01-10-2019, 06:04 PM
Confirming that we do not have access to the KMinfohub portal. The snip that I uploaded is from the mykonicaminolta site. Could you guys possibly provide a bit of insight of the requirements for obtaining access to the infohub site?

Much thanks!

JC

copier tech
01-10-2019, 06:52 PM
Confirming that we do not have access to the KMinfohub portal. The snip that I uploaded is from the mykonicaminolta site. Could you guys possibly provide a bit of insight of the requirements for obtaining access to the infohub site?

Much thanks!

JC

In order to gain access to infohub you need to be an official KM dealership, however contact your rep he may gain you access 😉

copier addict
01-11-2019, 01:26 PM

Much thanks!

JC

Once you are logged into mykonicaminolta click on "Service" then "One stop product support" enter the model number into quick search. Select your model. Then you should see a bunch of options with firmware being one of them.
Infohub, I believe, is only in Europe.

Rewind!
01-11-2019, 03:36 PM
Once you are logged into mykonicaminolta click on "Service" then "One stop product support" enter the model number into quick search. Select your model. Then you should see a bunch of options with firmware being one of them.
Infohub, I believe, is only in Europe.

copier addict,

Thank you for your response, were a small outfit and really dont think KM would let us have access too their full set up KM resources. Here is a snip of what we see under service. Still hoping to see if someone can link us the firmware with the smb 2.0 support.

JC41434

copier addict
01-11-2019, 05:19 PM
copier addict,

Thank you for your response, were a small outfit and really dont think KM would let us have access too their full set up KM resources. Here is a snip of what we see under service. Still hoping to see if someone can link us the firmware with the smb 2.0 support.

JC41434

Sorry, when you said you were on mykonicaminolta I assumed you were a dealer.

Custom Search