PDA

View Full Version : C454 Printing streaks on first pages.

Custom Search

dcat127
01-10-2019, 08:09 PM
I have a c454 that is printing streaks, whenever it has been sitting for an hour or so. After printing about 25 pages it goes away. See attached example, it is most visible in the lower right hand corner.

I have already put in new imaging units(all colors), and changed the transfer belt unit.

I would appreciate any thoughts you might have.

Phil B.
01-10-2019, 08:37 PM
I have a c454 that is printing streaks, whenever it has been sitting for an hour or so. After printing about 25 pages it goes away. See attached example, it is most visible in the lower right hand corner.

I have already put in new imaging units(all colors), and changed the transfer belt unit.

print or copy?did you clean the machine ?

what about the developer units?

total page count on machine?

copier tech
01-10-2019, 08:58 PM
Are you using genuine toner?

dcat127
01-10-2019, 08:59 PM
print or copy? Both

did you clean the machine ? You mean vac out any spilled toner? Or is their a cleaning cycle I am not familiar with?

what about the developer units? Only black has been changed, but it appears that this is black toner...

total page count on machine? 1.2 million

Phil B.
01-10-2019, 09:29 PM
print or copy? Both

did you clean the machine ? You mean vac out any spilled toner? Or is their a cleaning cycle I am not familiar with? yes vac out and clean w/ stretch n dust cloth

what about the developer units? Only black has been changed, but it appears that this is black toner...
is it BLACK or grey (mixed waste toner)

did you think to look at the FUSER?

JR2ALTA
01-10-2019, 10:01 PM
Odd, It sure looks like the transfer belt blade isn't cleaning well. I see a mixture of color, some yellowish but maybe that's the file.

I know you replaced the unit, does this machine have a waste cleaning system that can back up into the unit, or maybe just spill over in general?

blackcat4866
01-10-2019, 10:39 PM

print or copy? Both

did you clean the machine ? You mean vac out any spilled toner? Or is their a cleaning cycle I am not familiar with?

Please excuse my pointing out this inconsistency: Firstly this series of machines uses separate drum and developing units, so technically there is not a single image unit and you could not have changed all of them if they don't exist. Then in the next post you changed only a black developing unit. This fault is by all appearances a worn black drum issue (since you're a bit unclear on this: yes drums and developing units are different).

So did you or did you not change the black drum?

I did look at your scan. The area of background is definitely ~3% K only. That could be because you scanned in B&W or because the problem is with the black drum. There is no way for me to distinguish.

Keep in mind that transfer waste is more brown colored IF you do a lot of color printing. If you do all black printing the transfer waste will be mostly black. =^..^=

3ktlc
01-10-2019, 10:40 PM
check the fuser

allan
01-11-2019, 06:34 AM
Did you initialize the transfer belt so that it gets primed. This machine will flip the cleaning blade if that is not done.
News on the condition of the K drum?
Change it out with one of the color drums to test.

copier tech
01-11-2019, 06:49 AM

Well ? :confused:

dcat127
01-12-2019, 02:55 PM
Yes

dcat127
01-12-2019, 02:57 PM
Please excuse my pointing out this inconsistency: Firstly this series of machines uses separate drum and developing units, so technically there is not a single image unit and you could not have changed all of them if they don't exist. Then in the next post you changed only a black developing unit. This fault is by all appearances a worn black drum issue (since you're a bit unclear on this: yes drums and developing units are different).

So did you or did you not change the black drum?

I did look at your scan. The area of background is definitely ~3% K only. That could be because you scanned in B&W or because the problem is with the black drum. There is no way for me to distinguish.

Keep in mind that transfer waste is more brown colored IF you do a lot of color printing. If you do all black printing the transfer waste will be mostly black. =^..^=

Sorry, my mistake. All the drums have been changed, and the black developing unit.

dcat127
01-12-2019, 03:04 PM
Thanks for everyone's replies. After looking at it closer I am convinced this is an issue of the wiper blade not cleaning the transfer belt properly. I removed the transfer belt unit, you can clearly see some toner, and what looks like some kind of fuzz stuck between the wiper blade and the belt at the exact spots that the streaks are coming from. After I cleaned all that out and put back together it prints fine. However I let it sit overnight, the first copies out of the machine again show that streak...

copier tech
01-12-2019, 03:16 PM
When you you replaced the transfer unit did the line return in the same place?

dcat127
01-12-2019, 09:23 PM
When you you replaced the transfer unit did the line return in the same place?
I am not 100% sure. It actually disappeared for maybe 20k copies before returning.

blackcat4866
01-12-2019, 09:52 PM
You made 20,000 copies overnight? I think you might have the wrong equipment for your needs. =^..^=

CopierNerd
01-13-2019, 07:34 AM
Thanks for everyone's replies. After looking at it closer I am convinced this is an issue of the wiper blade not cleaning the transfer belt properly. I removed the transfer belt unit, you can clearly see some toner, and what looks like some kind of fuzz stuck between the wiper blade and the belt at the exact spots that the streaks are coming from. After I cleaned all that out and put back together it prints fine. However I let it sit overnight, the first copies out of the machine again show that streak...

I just read your post. Yes, you are right, Its the cleaning blade.Transfer belt unit cleaning blade. As you have mentioned it goes after making couple of prints/copies so its transfer belt's blade not black imaging unit or fusing. Fusing streaks are a bit different. If you have replaced it with new unit then your problem is solved.

Custom Search