PDA

View Full Version : Is this customer crazy? Bizhub C364e

Custom Search

copyman
01-14-2019, 02:16 AM
NO fax in this Biz C364e w/Fiery. Claims every morning when he comes in there is a paper jam. Paper jams a few inches out of tray so nothing on the page to see what it is. Another weird thing is paper is always fed from tray 4 which has 5.5 x 8.5 statement size paper.

Is there any type of a report or something that could generate at night?

Heading out this week to look at the settings but other than that not sure what else to look for.

Thanks in advance

allan
01-14-2019, 06:21 AM
Check out the jam code on that. Sounds curious.
Those additional trays are semi-direct drive and needs power to the steppers to move the paper.
Have seen them feed the next sheet in the tray where it ends up between the feed and separation roller, but will sit there and feed out ok on the next cycle.
That is also why the paper ends up behind the trays when the customer opens an closes a tray with paper in it.

copier tech
01-14-2019, 06:51 AM
NO fax in this Biz C364e w/Fiery. Claims every morning when he comes in there is a paper jam. Paper jams a few inches out of tray so nothing on the page to see what it is. Another weird thing is paper is always fed from tray 4 which has 5.5 x 8.5 statement size paper.

Heading out this week to look at the settings but other than that not sure what else to look for.

Thanks in advance

If this was true when he clears the jam it will print again & if that jams will repeat until it prints he can then see what was printed on the page!?

Phil B.
01-14-2019, 07:12 AM
Thanks in advance

ok is the TRAY *physl* 5.5x8.5? AND on control panel set the same?
has he got EMAIL set to print on incoming? what tray is THAT set to pull from?
sounds like a tray size mismatch?
what does jam log say?

tsbservice
01-14-2019, 07:17 AM
On some old Toshibas there was check box on web page whether to print Status page when controller is rebooted. It may not apply, but it really depends on what you will see when page is printed.

Drummy
01-14-2019, 11:19 AM
Check the setup menu for the Fiery, I suspect that print startup page is set to yes. That page wants letter paper but getting sent to statement size tray and causing a jam. If you reboot the Fiery while on site the problem will occur if that’s what it is. You could move the statement size paper to another tray or set that setting to no and the problem should go away.

blackcat4866
01-15-2019, 01:35 AM
ok is the TRAY *physl* 5.5x8.5? AND on control panel set the same?
has he got EMAIL set to print on incoming? what tray is THAT set to pull from?
sounds like a tray size mismatch?
what does jam log say?

I'm with Phil on this one. It sounds like a paper size mismatch. =^..^=

copyman
01-15-2019, 01:55 AM
My thoughts exactly. I told customer to put letter size in tray 4 to see if the report prints out tonight so we can see what it is.

princef18
01-17-2019, 10:10 AM
Check the setup menu for the Fiery, I suspect that print startup page is set to yes. That page wants letter paper but getting sent to statement size tray and causing a jam. If you reboot the Fiery while on site the problem will occur if that’s what it is. You could move the statement size paper to another tray or set that setting to no and the problem should go away.

Yes, I have had this issue in a couple of printers. Check the Fiery settings, most likely the issue.

copyman
01-17-2019, 01:29 PM
Well changed the paper in drawer #4 and haven't heard back from customer. Don't know Fiery's that well, went into Fiery menu and setup but I cancelled when I saw it was going to go through whole procedure, I didn't want to knock customer offline because they had a big job to run that morning. I have an IT person that does the connection for me and he wasn't around to call if something happen. Is there a way to get right to the setting for page to print out without going through the whole setup procedure again. Can it be done through web page, etc? Thanks

princef18
01-18-2019, 07:39 AM
Well changed the paper in drawer #4 and haven't heard back from customer. Don't know Fiery's that well, went into Fiery menu and setup but I cancelled when I saw it was going to go through whole procedure, I didn't want to knock customer offline because they had a big job to run that morning. I have an IT person that does the connection for me and he wasn't around to call if something happen. Is there a way to get right to the setting for page to print out without going through the whole setup procedure again. Can it be done through web page, etc? Thanks

You can connect to the Fiery via the IP address and check the settings from there. Or print out a config page from the printer itself.

copier tech
01-18-2019, 07:56 AM

You can run the setup without changing any settings just choose OK each time. Worse case if you changed IP by accident just look at the port setting on a pc driver to see what the IP was.

Custom Search