PDA

View Full Version : Bh 451 image offsets on duplex second side

Custom Search

Terna247
01-15-2019, 10:10 PM
I got a call earlier today: the machine can run simplex perfectly, but not duplex whether fed manually or automatic front and back. The face will be OK but the back kind of offsets on all colors. Ran test prints turned the back, repeated, same offsets. Now my attempts;
transfer roller inspection
checked the fuser unit

changed the right door.
replaced the prcb.

No success.

allan
01-15-2019, 10:20 PM
Any warning codes(oil can icon) on the machine?

Terna247
01-16-2019, 03:23 PM
No ALLAN. no warning codes but what I gathered is that the other technician working on the machine changed the IU CHIPS for all.

Bix
01-16-2019, 04:41 PM
Maybe it's time to replace UI.
It is not always enough to replace the chip

Synthohol
01-16-2019, 04:48 PM
Unfortunately there are two definitions of offsets one happens to be that it acts like a printing press reprinting the previous image the other is a registration offset if you have a problem with second side registration see how it is with the internal Prince like pentameter sheet or the font list two-sided see if that's okay if it prints okay then maybe we're just down to ATF registration where use that A4 sheet with a big black box and calibrate the feeder to read the document correctly let us know

Terna247
01-16-2019, 06:09 PM
Maybe I never really explained myself; I ran some copies even the test page on the front side of the paper when I turned to run on the back side of the same paper, the image doesn't copy properly. IT COPIES WITH MOST OF THE IMAGE LOOKING FADED. NOW I WAS TOLD THE LAST TECHNICIAN CBANGED EVEN THE WHOLE RIGHT DOOR. This were my further attempts on this 451,
stopped the machine half way in print to look at the image on the itb
stopped half way again at the second side of the paper... the image was well copied on the itb.
stop half way with A3 paper half way again, this time around removed the Itb of the first side to look at the formed image, great. DID same on the second side of paper. STILL GREAT.
as of now i just cleaned the IDC sensors, yet to fix back the ITB but if thjs last step doesn't work i am really screwed up here...
you remain my last hope lest this beaut heads to scrap prompt.

Terna247
01-16-2019, 06:17 PM
Allan, bix, symthohol thanks so far

allan
01-16-2019, 06:55 PM
Could help.
You can adjust the transfer fine adjust on each side.
Its under <Image Process Adjust> <Transfer Fine Adjust>
Worked for me before.

From a 452, 451 manual is corrupt...
Make sure the voltage gets to the roller proper.
Big word for me to use, the permeability of the paper changes after going thru the copy process and that causes
the second side to need more pixie pressure.

Terna247
01-16-2019, 07:32 PM
OK I've been there but not with the primary. I did secondary transfer fine adjustments first and second, no success. Just surprise how the image formed well on the itb but passes almost straight back to the cleaner.

Terna247
01-16-2019, 07:39 PM
OK I've been there but not with the primary. I did secondary transfer fine adjustments first and second, no success. Just surprise how the image formed well on the itb but passes almost straight back to the cleaner.

Terna247
01-16-2019, 08:04 PM

allan
01-16-2019, 08:51 PM
If you have a spare HV board give that a go. Make sure there is no current leak or poor connection somewhere.

Try a different transfer roller.

Terna247
01-16-2019, 09:20 PM
Allan, thanks, I got one. Feed you y'all back morrow.
Both High V. Board and roller assy.

Custom Search