PDA

View Full Version : Smb scan issue after new router Konica Minolta c series

Custom Search

error404llc
01-16-2019, 01:04 AM
I changed a router for a customer and now smb scan is not working

Scan share folder on file server is working on all workstations and can ping printer from workstations and every other function works just not scan smb and can't connect to hostname search at all, no static IPS or anything on previous router nothing has changed besides new router and server is 7 but workstations are 10

Any ideas thanks so much

bsm2
01-16-2019, 02:46 AM
check DNS settings on old router or enter hard ipaddress of server

tsbservice
01-16-2019, 07:21 AM
Use CTN search:
Windows 7 machines
Basically M$ screwed up things. Now they rolling out last update to fix what they do wrong.

Bix
01-16-2019, 08:57 AM
Hi, if you use Win7 : Microsoft Update Catalog (http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4487345)

An update blocks the SMB scan. By downloading that, I solved.

Also make sure that the router's internal firewall does not block ports 135, 136, 138, 139 and 445.

mo0651
01-16-2019, 02:53 PM
In a case like this, we print a configuration page, then set the copier to DHCP. It then pulls info from the new router and network. Then re-enter static IP from config page and test.
Then troubleshoot after that. That Has quickly solved a lot of connectivity issues!:cool:

princef18
01-17-2019, 10:02 AM
What model of router is this?
Is DNS enabled on the new router? Does it have the same IP as the old router? HAve you changed the DNS IP address on the printer also?
If you use the ip address of the computer and use the test connection button, what is the error you are facing?
If you try and scan to the shared folder, what is the error description?

Reed
01-19-2019, 03:58 PM
I agree Check the DNS. You can always use one of Google DNS' . Also double check to make sure the time is correct. I recently ran into that problem. Had to enter the correct time (go figure) If you are scanning to windows 7. Install the update patch as previously mentioned, a recent windows 7 update (around Jan 9 or 10) caused problems with scanning. Also windows 10 you have to go turn on the SMB feature because a similar update a while ago caused problems as well.

parsmehregan
01-20-2019, 06:45 PM
The issue is about your workstation, windows 10 , which you should enable SMB function through this pass:
control panel-> programs->Turn windows features on or off
then make a check mark on SMBv1 and ok.
After installing, smb scan should work.

bsm2
01-20-2019, 11:26 PM
The issue is about your workstation, windows 10 , which you should enable SMB function through this pass:
control panel-> programs->Turn windows features on or off
then make a check mark on SMBv1 and ok.
After installing, smb scan should work.

NEVER < NEVER < NEVER turn SMB1 back ON Period!

Xer0615
01-22-2019, 04:08 PM
NEVER < NEVER < NEVER turn SMB1 back ON Period!

Problem with this is that many customers I deal with refuse to deal with the couple extra clicks required to download attachments sent to an email inbox from the copier, and many of those using Kyocera balk at the extra cost of PinPoint scan.

But since it would make our outfit liable, I have been informing individuals that anything regarding changing firewall settings, microsoft optional services, or microsoft hotfixes/optional updates/patches is something their own IT team would have to undertake, and tell them that e-mail configuration is the best I am going to do.

D_L_P
01-22-2019, 05:06 PM
I changed a router for a customer and now smb scan is not working

Scan share folder on file server is working on all workstations and can ping printer from workstations and every other function works just not scan smb and can't connect to hostname search at all, no static IPS or anything on previous router nothing has changed besides new router and server is 7 but workstations are 10

Any ideas thanks so much

Is the domain name set in the Bizhub? It's possible the old router didn't care if the Bizhub had the right domain or not, it routed the SMB request correctly. Maybe the new router is more picky about a correct domain name?

Sorry if you've tried this already but have you powered off/on the Bizhub yet? The Bizhub might have the old router path cached and a main power switch reboot is the only way to clear it out.

Sometimes using the ping command from the copier control panel can force it to refresh the cached route. Utilities> Admin settings> Network Settings> Detail settings> Ping confirmation
See if the copier can ping the hostname of the shared folder.

Custom Search