PDA

View Full Version : C287 Lock Up

Custom Search

copytechman
01-21-2019, 05:18 PM
First off can't get into it to find the firmware version, Diag mode locks at 4 fins as does firmware download mode. If you boot normally it stays at 2 fins, I have tried disconnecting the HDD, all accessories and then some. The engine itself "runs" and if you open/close the big right door the engine cycles. I tried the MFP board with no change. Next thought is the main PSU... Thoughts anyone?

Thanks.

A.

francisco
01-21-2019, 05:23 PM
[QUOTE=copytechman;722995]First off can't get into it to find the firmware version, Diag mode locks at 4 fins as does firmware download mode. If you boot normally it stays at 2 fins, I have tried disconnecting the HDD, all accessories and then some. The engine itself "runs" and if you open/close the big right door the engine cycles. I tried the MFP board with no change. Next thought is the main PSU... Thoughts anyone?

Thanks.

eMMC damaged.

copytechman
01-21-2019, 05:34 PM
[QUOTE=copytechman;722995]First off can't get into it to find the firmware version, Diag mode locks at 4 fins as does firmware download mode. If you boot normally it stays at 2 fins, I have tried disconnecting the HDD, all accessories and then some. The engine itself "runs" and if you open/close the big right door the engine cycles. I tried the MFP board with no change. Next thought is the main PSU... Thoughts anyone?

Thanks.

eMMC damaged.

OK, additional info, I've noticed that that scanner moves but doesn't light up and that the internal finisher doesn't initialize, same thing? Let me know, thx!

allan
01-21-2019, 06:59 PM
Sounds like the PSU is doing fine. Never heard off this bad eMMC but i am the lucky one. Sounds like a plan.
Disconnect every thing that does not assist in getting it to light up.

copytechman
01-21-2019, 07:17 PM
Sounds like the PSU is doing fine. Never heard off this bad eMMC but i am the lucky one. Sounds like a plan.
Disconnect every thing that does not assist in getting it to light up.

I did exactly that, no change at all.

Any other thoughts, and I haven't seen a bad memory board on this series yet but I guess theres always a first.

Regards!

tsbservice
01-21-2019, 08:32 PM
Reinstall eMMC Board, if option DIMM is installed remove and see if it boots up.

copytechman
01-21-2019, 08:46 PM
Reinstall eMMC Board, if option DIMM is installed remove and see if it boots up.

Already did that as well, no change.

Regards!

blackcat4866
01-22-2019, 12:01 AM
I'm pretty sure there's a Recovery Firmware for this model. IIRC the HDD firmware becomes corrupt. I've only done it once or twice. It took a couple of tries to get the process to start. Look under Special Firmware on the KM site. =^..^=

copytechman
01-22-2019, 05:39 PM
I'm pretty sure there's a Recovery Firmware for this model. IIRC the HDD firmware becomes corrupt. I've only done it once or twice. It took a couple of tries to get the process to start. Look under Special Firmware on the KM site. =^..^=

I'll check that out, thanks. (The machine doesn't boot any different with or without hdd installed)

blackcat4866
01-22-2019, 05:55 PM
I'll check that out, thanks. (The machine doesn't boot any different with or without hdd installed)

That's immaterial. The software that controls the HDD can't run. =^..^=

avecosat
01-28-2019, 03:41 PM
I had to change a SSD from a c227 because it did not boot

Phil B.
01-28-2019, 09:25 PM
I had to change a SSD from a c227 because it did not boot

that SSD -= IS =- the HDD in this unit... it holds the firmware info needed to boot.. so in effect you DID change the HDD. But here again this isn't the SAME MACHINE!

avecosat
01-29-2019, 08:18 AM
I didnīt change the HDD just only the SSD and boot with a mass production firmware .

Phil B.
01-29-2019, 08:32 AM
I didnīt change the HDD just only the SSD and boot with a mass production firmware .

does that model have both SSD and HDD SSD= Solid State Device most times HDD like storage,, is there an SSD BOARD?

blackcat4866
01-29-2019, 01:10 PM
does that model have both SSD and HDD SSD= Solid State Device most times HDD like storage,, is there an SSD BOARD?

I believe this machine has both:
SSD board for system software and internal data, and HDD for page data.

tsbservice
01-29-2019, 01:16 PM
If i'm not mistaken these C227/C287 have eMMC board, not SSD.

avecosat
01-29-2019, 03:53 PM
If i'm not mistaken these C227/C287 have eMMC board, not SSD.

Yes is a eMMC , sorry . It didnīt boot and KM send me a eMMC just only boot with a firmware and the machine wake up for a year . I have a lot of this machine and only I have this problem with eMMc or HDD.

Custom Search