PDA

View Full Version : DF-617 (C-360) broken door.

Custom Search

Hansoon
01-21-2019, 07:47 PM
DF-617 (C-360) on a rental machine. Customer broke off left cover assembly (#A0HTR70111) of the ADF. The ADF has only 8K on the clock so - though not the latest generation - technically like new. Never had this with hundreds of machines with the same construction. Would like to know if you guys had this door occasionally brake off. That would indicate a weak construction. However, if nobody shares my experience it would indicate rough handling by the operators and I have to charge them for the damage. This is a rather picky customer and I don't want to grant them anything.

Hans

BR549
01-21-2019, 08:50 PM
I never had one break. Maybe because I installed many of the SPI kits for the C360 series that included reinforcement brackets for that cover to prevent it from breaking. It must have been a weakness for them to give away the kits to prevent breakage. Part # A0EDR90100FOC. May not still be available free. Also includes parts to prevent the clear plastic guides in paper feed section from breaking. See tech bulletin 9408

tsbservice
01-21-2019, 08:51 PM
What type of customers they are?
Re - picky customers.
They are an eternal joy. Threat them with respect... always full charge.

copier tech
01-21-2019, 09:11 PM

Had a few of these break over the years. Must be a common issue as Konica Minolta issued this bulletin with modified part numbers & a metal strengthening bracket.

copyman
01-21-2019, 10:38 PM
I've never had that door break, but had many of the clear plastic spring loaded guides inside break. Also have used the reinforce mods for them but not the door.

Look at it this way, with only 8k clicks there wasn't enough usage to wear anything out so only logical explanation is customer abuse!

I'll let it go once and show everyone I can how to open, etc. After once or twice I will charge for it. If they really bitch I tell them assign a key operator who is only person allowed to open any doors, remove jams, add toner paper, etc etc!

I offer to spend as long as it takes to train the person, showing all aspects of loading toner, paper, removing jams, etc. If you think about it if you train that key op properly it could save you a lot of time & money in the long run (on contract accounts). Best hour you will ever spend!

Phil B.
01-21-2019, 10:57 PM
DF-617 (C-360) on a rental machine. Customer broke off left cover assembly (#A0HTR70111) of the ADF. The ADF has only 8K on the clock so - though not the latest generation - technically like new. Never had this with hundreds of machines with the same construction. Would like to know if you guys had this door occasionally brake off. That would indicate a weak construction. However, if nobody shares my experience it would indicate rough handling by the operators and I have to charge them for the damage. This is a rather picky customer and I don't want to grant them anything.

Hans

31yrs all different brands NEVER had this happen that COULD NOT be attributed to ANYTHING -=BUT=- operator error/abuse.

CHARGE EM! now depending on how/where it was broken... 2 part JB WELD can be your friend!

blackcat4866
01-21-2019, 11:49 PM
Never seen that cover broken on any KM DF. I say, bill them. =^..^=

copier tech
01-22-2019, 07:31 PM

Had a few of these break over the years. Must be a common issue as Konica Minolta issued this bulletin with modified part numbers & a metal strengthening bracket.

Just to add I have a lot of these in construction sites so they do get a lot of abuse!

One had a massive hole in the cab where it took a steal toecaped boot through it!

Woxner
01-23-2019, 01:31 AM
had several break. put the new door on. it has the mods on it. this is too old to get the hit free

rrrohan
01-23-2019, 04:31 AM
Very common. Just checked and so far we changed 30.

Australians are rough obviously.

But once they re enforced hinge it was fine

Custom Search