PDA

View Full Version : PM COUNTER Konica minolta xx4 e cxx4 series

Custom Search

enricocopyline
01-24-2019, 11:53 AM
good morning,
I wanted to know if it was possible to lock the machine when it arrived at a certain PM counter?
I saw that it is possible to stop it when the consumables are reached, but I do not know how to set it to stop it when a count set by me is reached

copier addict
01-24-2019, 02:35 PM
good morning,
I wanted to know if it was possible to lock the machine when it arrived at a certain PM counter?
I saw that it is possible to stop it when the consumables are reached, but I do not know how to set it to stop it when a count set by me is reached

Go into service mode-counters-maintenance counter. You can set a number there. I never use this so I don't know if it will disable the machine when the count is reached, or simply show a message that maintenance is required.

enricocopyline
01-24-2019, 03:45 PM
Go into service mode-counters-maintenance counter. You can set a number there. I never use this so I don't know if it will disable the machine when the count is reached, or simply show a message that maintenance is required.

in this way it only displays the message but the machine does not stop.

thanks

allan
01-24-2019, 04:02 PM
There is a soft-switch that will disable the machine if the count is reached.
Does anybody have a SW list for these machines?

copier addict
01-24-2019, 04:28 PM
in this way it only displays the message but the machine does not stop.

thanks

I can't help but wonder why you want the machine disabled at a certain count. Hopefully not to generate service calls.

enricocopyline
01-24-2019, 04:55 PM
I can't help but wonder why you want the machine disabled at a certain count. Hopefully not to generate service calls.

I need to know why I have a machine that is blocked with the pm counter I would like to know how to unlock it without having to reset the counter every time.

does anyone have the sw list for these machines?

allan
01-24-2019, 05:49 PM
SW 51 F0
SW 55 0C

It will suck developer if you don't keep an eye on it...

copier addict
01-24-2019, 08:10 PM
I need to know why I have a machine that is blocked with the pm counter I would like to know how to unlock it without having to reset the counter every time.

does anyone have the sw list for these machines?

Back up address book and network settings and do a total clear. That will take it back to factory default

copier tech
01-24-2019, 08:37 PM
Back up address book and network settings and do a total clear. That will take it back to factory default

Rubbish why would he want to do an all clear!?

Image unit & dev counts are stored on the iu chip you can enable or disable "life stop" in CE mode.

You can clear the transfer & fuser counts in CE mode Counter "new release"

Synaux
01-24-2019, 09:05 PM

Image unit & dev counts are stored on the iu chip you can enable or disable "life stop" in CE mode.

Rubbish you say?!

As far as I can tell, this has nothing to do with any consumable counters.

copier addict
01-24-2019, 09:20 PM

Rubbish right back at you! Lol. There are no counts stored on drum or dev chips. When the chip clears the counter the machine starts to count, not the consumable. I have tested this by simply taking a drum from one machine to another and the count does not follow. Having said that, yes you can turn disable life stop in service mode.

copier tech
01-24-2019, 09:21 PM
Rubbish you say?!

As far as I can tell, this has nothing to do with any consumable counters.

Well poster is referring to PM counters, image units can be set as PM items or consumables.

copier tech
01-24-2019, 09:24 PM
Rubbish right back at you! Lol. There are no counts stored on drum or dev chips. When the chip clears the counter the machine starts to count, not the consumable. I have tested this by simply taking a drum from one machine to another and the count does not follow. Having said that, yes you can turn disable life stop in service mode.

So if I was to take an old image unit & fit it into a new machine this machine will not show up as an old drum in consumable life but will display as new? (Previous IU life)

copier addict
01-24-2019, 09:31 PM
So if I was to take an old image unit & fit it into a new machine this machine will not show up as an old drum in consumable life but will display as new? (Previous IU life)

Correct

Synaux
01-24-2019, 09:42 PM
Correct
I surely hope I am misunderstanding something here.

tsbservice
01-24-2019, 10:02 PM
Wait....
The topic starter only wants firmware, counters reset and this kind of sh.. Read his posts, there aren't many.
Why knowledgeable gyrus have to waste their time?!

enricocopyline
01-25-2019, 07:36 AM
SW 51 F0
SW 55 0C

It will suck developer if you don't keep an eye on it...

I wanted to know what is the bit to be set to 0 or to 1 to restart the machine of the sw No 55 or 51 I think from what I know

copier tech
01-25-2019, 07:44 AM
I wanted to know what is the bit to be set to 0 or to 1 to restart the machine of the sw No 55 or 51 I think from what I know

Set both sw switch 51 & 55 to 0

Restart the machine now when the fuser, transfer & image units hit end of life the machine will stop printing & display a message “Replace drum unit” etc

enricocopyline
01-25-2019, 08:02 AM
Set both sw switch 51 & 55 to 0

Restart the machine now when the fuser, transfer & image units hit end of life the machine will stop printing & display a message “Replace drum unit” etc

55 bits 3 and 2 refer to the belt and fuser
51 the bit
7 to the fuser
6 belt
5 dev
4 drum

PM? what bit?

I would like to stay all as it is now just remove the pm counter

allan
01-25-2019, 03:00 PM
Chips only contain a fuse that resets the counters. So i have been dead shorting or replacing the fuses to reset the units.
The older ranges had a more intelligent chip on it. Use to rewrite them with the original data to reset them.

Again use 51 F0 and 55 0C hex values to do it in one go.

CompyTech
01-25-2019, 07:55 PM
On the 4e series consumables like drums, transferbelt, fuser etc are set to display end of life messages by default and continue to run without shut down. We usually turn off the end of life messages to display during setup. The only thing that will still display end of life messages is the transfer roller and toner and ozone filters, but these can easily be reset. On the older earlier 4 series this is not the case and the machine will shut down when end of life is reached, you will have to use the software switches to disable the notifications and allow the machine to continue to run - found out the hard way about that one.

There are custom PM counters in the service mode that can be setup but I have never messed with those.

rrrohan
01-27-2019, 05:07 AM
Reminds me of the old key counters customers would plug in to unlock copier. Once they used the set amount copier could not be used again until the purchased more.

Almost sounds like this is what OP is trying to force. Don't pay and your copier is disabled

Custom Search