PDA

View Full Version : KM BIZHUB C652DS: Scanning multiple docs to USB in successsion. How to?

Custom Search

weap
01-25-2019, 05:45 AM
While searching around the web for answers I found this forum and it looked like a very knowledgeable group. So here I am.

New to using this older C652DS. I acquired the machine to use on an archival project: 10K 11x17 posters than need to be individually scanned. The posters are in various condition from Near mint to torn & wrinkled. Due to the posters value and fragility they will have to be hand fed. It is a very time consuming task to say the least. It will be set up as a stand alone with limited to no networking capabilities (as of right now). After doing some test runs, I have a few needs & questions about how to achieve them.

I have figured out how to save a file to a USB drive. I insert the usb thumbdrive and the option menu pops up for me to save to external. I set the parameters (600 dpi, size, etc) and scan. Works great but my problem is that it only allows me to scan one time. There is not an option for me to just keep scanning and for it to save each individual as a separate pdf. I have searched through the menus for a setting but cannot find one. Once the scan is done the only way I can get it to scan to the drive again is to remove it and plug it back in but that erased all of the my settings and I have to set it all up again. Needless to say this will not work without killing productivity.

Question 1: How do I set it up to scan to external usb without losing the settings and allow me to scan multiple times (hundreds of individual pdfs) in a session?

I also have a laptop & desktop (mac). The copier will not have a network to use since it will be in my home.

Question 2: Can i set up the copier to scan and directly send the pdfs to my computer? Cat5? This is not as important if I can get the first question answered.

Thanks in advance

allan
01-25-2019, 06:30 AM
The USB option is clunky, rather use scan to FTP with a network cable to your laptop.
Goto user box(button) then to sytem user box then external memory, this way you don't need to unplug and plugin to access the USB function.

copier tech
01-25-2019, 06:52 AM
While searching around the web for answers I found this forum and it looked like a very knowledgeable group. So here I am.

New to using this older C652DS. I acquired the machine to use on an archival project: 10K 11x17 posters than need to be individually scanned. The posters are in various condition from Near mint to torn & wrinkled. Due to the posters value and fragility they will have to be hand fed. It is a very time consuming task to say the least. It will be set up as a stand alone with limited to no networking capabilities (as of right now). After doing some test runs, I have a few needs & questions about how to achieve them.

I have figured out how to save a file to a USB drive. I insert the usb thumbdrive and the option menu pops up for me to save to external. I set the parameters (600 dpi, size, etc) and scan. Works great but my problem is that it only allows me to scan one time. There is not an option for me to just keep scanning and for it to save each individual as a separate pdf. I have searched through the menus for a setting but cannot find one. Once the scan is done the only way I can get it to scan to the drive again is to remove it and plug it back in but that erased all of the my settings and I have to set it all up again. Needless to say this will not work without killing productivity.

Question 1: How do I set it up to scan to external usb without losing the settings and allow me to scan multiple times (hundreds of individual pdfs) in a session?

I also have a laptop & desktop (mac). The copier will not have a network to use since it will be in my home.

Question 2: Can i set up the copier to scan and directly send the pdfs to my computer? Cat5? This is not as important if I can get the first question answered.

Thanks in advance

Your best option is to run the lan cable direct from your copier to your Windows pc, via a router or switch if possible, you can then set up a scan folder on the laptop you can also set the scan settings as default to save you time scan to USB is only really good for occasional one off scans. One setup you can scan each document much faster.

kingarthur
01-25-2019, 08:32 AM
from what i gather, you want to keep the same settings for each scan, if you go to administrator on your control panel, password should be either 12345678, or 1234567812345678, select "system settings", then "reset", "job reset" "next job", "reset data after job" and then "confirm with user", this will give you the choice of keeping the settings for the next scan, I'm not entirely sure how this works with a usb, but it might help, the other option would be set up the scan settings as you want them, i.e. DPI etc, DO NOT RESET them after you have set them, again go to the home screen, press "utility" then "user settings" "scan/fax settings", "default scan/fax settings" set to "current" & press "ok",this would keep your default settings to what you wanted them to be. There is another option where you use "separate scan" which would collate all of your scans into one scan, but you could end up with a massive file, which may take ages to transfer. We have had to set these up before for a scanning project, where the customer had no network & could only scan to usb, I'm trying to think how we set it to default to the usb, if I remember, i'll post it.

Synthohol
01-25-2019, 01:24 PM
IF I UNDERSTAND YOUR QUESTION CORRECTLY, JUST SELECT "SEPARATE SCAN" AND YOU CAN BUILD A SINGLE pdf 1 PAGE AT A TIME.

IS THAT WHAT YOU ASKED?

sorry about the caps.

Custom Search