PDA

View Full Version : C224e Printing half pages, first page only, black only. Tough one.

Custom Search

MVPunisher
01-25-2019, 06:10 PM
Good afternoon folks, Tough one here. I am very familiar with this model but having trouble with this issue. The leading half of the first page of almost every job does not print black. Every page after is fine. I have attached an example of a 4pc halftone and a 1pc halftone. I do have access to parts unit.

Already replaced, K Drum, K Developer, Transfer belt, Secondary tranfer unit, HV Unit, PRCB, PH unit, PHrelay board, DCPS.

I am going back this afternoon with a Front side board and Memory. Followed by a MFPB I will order if those do not fix.

Posting here in case someone has seen this>?

Thanks as always

guitar9199
01-25-2019, 06:24 PM
Might be a shot in the dark, but check the drive gear on the Developer unit and Developer drive motor. It ALMOST looks like it's not rotating momentarily....then it catches up and stays with the run until the job ends, and next job has to start all over. Maybe check rotation on the secondary transfer roller while you're there?

I saw something similar on a Canon unit once.

MVPunisher
01-25-2019, 06:39 PM
I already replaced the developer unit, but it is a very good theory and will lead me to inspect Drive unit....Thanks....

allan
01-25-2019, 06:53 PM
Image on transfer belt the same?
Print and copy?
Using the same firmware?

MVPunisher
01-25-2019, 07:01 PM
Allan,

Doing a halfway test on this particular issue not easy but I am assuming the issue will show on belt, because it is a black only problem. Any secondary transfer issue I believe would affect all colors. Being said I have seen crazier so I replaced belt and transfer roller anyway.

Guitar, Your theory had me very interested so I researched the developing drive.... Color developers have their own motor that drive them which is more making me think this is the issue. Black is driven by the transport motor. I do not think there is any issue with the transport motor as it drives so many other things, and more problems would show their face. However there is a developing solenoid only relevant to black. Strongly leaning towards this being sticky and will let you know.

MVPunisher
01-29-2019, 04:25 PM
It appears SD4 the developer solenoid fixed the issue. The sponge was sticky. Thanks for leading me in right direction. Kinda overlooked that because I've never had to replace that....

guitar9199
01-29-2019, 10:44 PM
It appears SD4 the developer solenoid fixed the issue. The sponge was sticky. Thanks for leading me in right direction. Kinda overlooked that because I've never had to replace that....

Glad I could help.

blackcat4866
01-29-2019, 11:51 PM
Good Catch! =^..^=

Mitch Barron
01-31-2019, 10:06 AM
Funny how it's always the last thing you fix that fixes the problem:p. Am I right people? Glad you got it sorted. Interesting problem.

blackcat4866
01-31-2019, 03:16 PM
Funny how it's always the last thing you fix that fixes the problem:p. Am I right people? Glad you got it sorted. Interesting problem.

Smart folks stop fixing when they've found that solution. Funny about that. =^..^=

Custom Search