PDA

View Full Version : How to find toner/drum readings on C500?

Custom Search

dagoof
10-02-2008, 12:08 PM
I'm interested in buying a C500 and wish to find this information from the seller but unfortunately he doesn't know how to access it - sorry, I know this should be an easy one but I've tried the search and I can't find anything! Could someone help me out?

Maybe since there's a few C500 users stopping by you could comment on the choice - I've currently got a Canon 3200 and tend to do short runs but quite often it's on card stock which the Canon handles well. I've read on other threads that the C5500 would probably cope better but that's probably out of my price range and scarcely available 2nd hand. From what I can gather the C500 sounds like it should at least handle as well as my 3200?

ni311
10-02-2008, 04:41 PM
My advise, don't buy a C500, it's not a good machine. But on the other hand, I highly recommend you a C6500, it's a little bit expensive, but it worth every cent.

dagoof
10-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Thanks, I apprecite the advice - one of the main problems is the scarcity of such models on the 2nd hand market like I mentioned. I'd mainly be looking at classifieds, fleabay and the like - if I go through a dealer he'll be adding at least a couple of K for himself which will be out of my price range. I'd also heard something like the Canon 5180 was good but the same problem of tracking them down applies!

Mr Spock
10-03-2008, 12:07 AM
If you buy the 5180 make sure you have a couple of grand laying around for fuser replacements..

laserman06
10-04-2008, 04:34 AM
My advise, don't buy a C500, it's not a good machine. But on the other hand, I highly recommend you a C6500, it's a little bit expensive, but it worth every cent.

I personally like the C500. It can be an adjustment hog. But for the most part, the ones that I service do very well. I agree though if you can afford it go with the C6500. More options on paper stock. Improvements all around.

mahou911
07-25-2009, 04:27 AM
If you are looking for an inbetween machine. the C500 is a good machine.

I have some of those machines on road. Once you have somebody to refer to it's all right.

If you are interrested i have some machines available. Price is good and I have a lot of stuff to fix them at quite low costs.

let me know

martin.houle.4@gmail.com

Custom Search