PDA

View Full Version : Regarding charge on the drum and tansfer belt for Konica Minolta 4 series

Custom Search

Cliff12341
01-28-2019, 03:40 PM
I've found several videos but I can't seem to find a unanimous answer. So the laser will apply a charge to the drum, then the drum to the transfer belt, then the transfer belt to the paper, right? So the drum, transfer belt, toner, and paper all have a negative or positive charge? Which pieces have negative and which pieces have positive? Thank you and sorry for my ignorance.

blackcat4866
01-28-2019, 03:56 PM
The toner is slightly negative. The charged areas of the drum is highly negative. Transfer belt is neutral. Primary transfer roller is slightly positive. Second transfer is neutral to slightly negative.

Yes, slightly negative toner does stay temporarily attracted to highly negative image areas. =^..^=

Phil B.
01-28-2019, 06:24 PM
i'm surprised you don't remember from Xerography 101 ... the first basic lesson.

Hansoon
01-28-2019, 07:47 PM
So the laser will apply a charge to the drum

Errrr... huh? LASER is applying a charge? Since when? What about Corona/Charge Roller?

Hans

copier addict
01-28-2019, 08:10 PM
Hans is correct. The charge is applied to the drum by either the corona or charge roller. The laser then slightly discharges the drum in the shape of the image. The toner is drawn to this slightly discharged area. The primary transfer rollers are charged and the toner is drawn to the belt. The secondary transfer roller is charged and the toner is drawn onto the paper as it travels between the transfer belt and transfer roller. Toner is then fused and pressed into the paper.

allan
01-28-2019, 08:46 PM
You will be a tweaker yet.
Then you will know how to let a bad part work for a while longer.

Custom Search