PDA

View Full Version : Kyocera 5052ci print issues

Custom Search

Intone
01-28-2019, 04:55 PM
Have a client with 5052ci that has been having problems printing certain excel & pdf files that would have some columns not print ...but they would print on the Kyocera color printer or there other Konica minolta color copier... I explained about different drivers and universal printer drivers etc... but we still need to try and help them solve the problem if possible.

Would any one have any suggestions, I didn't see any firmware updates about this but that doesn't mean there isn't any ...I may have just missed it ...or are there any setting or driver changes that may work better then what is being used for there particular problem. Not sure what driver they are using currently as there IT guy set it up ... but our guy here that does connecting says its the right driver ... we can find out for sure if that's any help

Any help would be greatly appreciated ...

thanks in advance

Maurice

copier tech
01-28-2019, 07:24 PM
Have a client with 5052ci that has been having problems printing certain excel & pdf files that would have some columns not print ...but they would print on the Kyocera color printer or there other Konica minolta color copier... I explained about different drivers and universal printer drivers etc... but we still need to try and help them solve the problem if possible.

Would any one have any suggestions, I didn't see any firmware updates about this but that doesn't mean there isn't any ...I may have just missed it ...or are there any setting or driver changes that may work better then what is being used for there particular problem. Not sure what driver they are using currently as there IT guy set it up ... but our guy here that does connecting says its the right driver ... we can find out for sure if that's any help

Any help would be greatly appreciated ...

thanks in advance

Maurice

I would update the firmware as you suggested nothing to loose

itchyfinger@att.net
01-28-2019, 07:34 PM
i would update the firmware as you suggested nothing to loose

also try the current driver

shutch7
01-28-2019, 09:27 PM
Try in this order

Try KX driver if not already
Change to KPDL auto in driver settings (and change in printer on machine)
untick enable advanced printing features

Intone
01-28-2019, 09:55 PM
Going out on-site tomorrow weather permitting and going to do the firmware updates and will also try the suggested setting changes ...thanks a bunch ...I really appreciate every ones input ...

Sincerely

Maurice

blackcat4866
01-29-2019, 12:20 AM
I'm wondering if you don't have a font issue. In the print driver there is a check box to acquire fonts from the internet. That has helped.

When Microsoft Office 2013 first came out, the various applications defaulted to the Calibri font. Many of my customers discovered immediately after updating to Office 2013 that their prints had some bizarre defects. Certain letters were upside down or entirely missing, always the same letters. It mostly affected their HP printers. I was able to add the Calibri font to one of their printers to solve the issue. Their IT opted to change the default font in all the Office Apps to Arial, which entirely solved the issue in one fell swoop.
=^..^=

Santander
01-29-2019, 12:23 AM
Going out on-site tomorrow weather permitting and going to do the firmware updates and will also try the suggested setting changes ...thanks a bunch ...I really appreciate every ones input ...

Sincerely

Maurice

After you do the firmware updates etc., try to ascertain the print driver that their IT used. Spent two hours today on a different model, but where the network IT department was using the generic Universal KX driver and the users could not print envelopes, everything else would print fine. Of course the network IT people blamed the machine and even the setup in the computer. I had provided the local [desktop IT guy] with the full KX driver which he installed on the local machine and worked flawlessly and he actually had fun tweaking the network guys with every failure that using the full driver printing IP Direct worked. The network people eventually had to remove the print queue entirely and recreate it and it started working. Point being, just because IT setup the print driver does not mean that it is setup properly.

bsm2
01-29-2019, 02:55 AM
Load the KX driver and change the PDL you have 3 options Pclxl. pcl5, Kdpl

wragsdale
01-29-2019, 08:42 PM
I would agree that it's probably the Universal KX, but if for whatever reason IT actually installed the correct/latest KX driver, try downgrading to an older version.

I had a recent install where I uninstalled and installed the latest KX driver due to the customer upgrading their machine from a M3540idn to a M6635cidn. The next day, some of their downloaded pdf forms were no longer showing certain text containers, with some pages completely empty except for graphical elements like lines, rectangles, etc. Initially, I tried changing from PCL XL to KPDL and finally to PCL 5c, but they ended up calling back the next day with continued problems. I ended up downgrading from v7.4x to v7.1x and it has (so far) completely fixed their problem.

Geo
01-30-2019, 02:44 AM
Do you have multiple versions of the same driver loaded? If you do , they will interfere with one anothers operation

Intone
02-05-2019, 08:18 PM
Well just an update to everyone ...we finally got out there today to check everything ...apparently there were several different drivers installed ...on 5 work stations in the entire office they all had different drivers ... There IT guy was a nightmare to work with from the start so no surprise there ...once we got them all done with the correct KX driver ... we set the driver settings to KPDL and at the copier printer settings ...also did latest firmware updates ...client test printed problem files and they printed perfect .... thanks everyone for your input it was truly and greatly appreciated ...

Maurice

Custom Search