PDA

View Full Version : DNA (digital needs analysis) when upgrading/installing machine.

Custom Search

Synthohol
01-28-2019, 10:22 PM
i read on the connectivity forum someone asked about a form to get all the IT info to preconfigure a machine.

here is one KM offers.

its better than post-it notes left by someone with only half a clue and even less pertinent info.

enjoy.

blackcat4866
01-29-2019, 12:06 AM
The hard part is getting somebody to fill in the lines. On most of the installations I've done the endusers just assume that I can go to some huge free database and collect their SMTP credentials and computer logins on the internet. It certainly wouldn't be terribly secure if you could do that. =^..^=

tsbservice
01-29-2019, 07:13 AM
Yeah, like BC mentioned we will have hard times finding one to fill in.
Nevertheless this is good stuff to have as it's written with great knowledge of all aspects we may have at different customers/machines installs.
I always endors efforts like that.
Thank you for your time to think and share.

KMFLT3CH
01-31-2019, 06:57 PM
Wow, blast from the past. Sales people used to be required to submit a DNA with every new install. Half the time it wasn't filled out completely by the customer, sales or both or the information was incorrect. Nowadays with the convenience of the USB export/import feature on the machines and the availability of pagescope data administrator, these forms are very rarely seen anymore.

mincopier
01-31-2019, 10:41 PM
We started out using this form. Most found it too difficult with all of the extra information. I made one that still has the basics of what is needed and has covered us well for years. My current one is now a fillable PDF to make it easier to be filled out. I even converted our charge tickets to a fillable form recently so techs have less paper to carry around. They can either print out from a USB drive on the copier or fill it out on the computer and print it.

NeoMatrix
01-31-2019, 11:08 PM
How do they go digitally signing the documents?

I'm experiencing customers that require digital signatures using software signature apps.
Digitally signed documents are a looooong way from secured one-off hand written signatures.
They are the moral representation of "Are you the original good honest person,signing this document?"
Any dishonest hacker would answer the digital signing app with "Of course I am"

The digital signing apps I have come into contact with are just begging to be electronically hacked.

mincopier
02-01-2019, 05:08 PM
You can use Adobe Acrobat Pro to add a signature section. Then when opened on the tablet or phone it detects the signature block and downloads another software, one time, to use the block. the you can sign with a finger.

NeoMatrix
02-02-2019, 10:24 PM
You can use Adobe Acrobat Pro to add a signature section. Then when opened on the tablet or phone it detects the signature block and downloads another software, one time, to use the block. the you can sign with a finger.

A man in the middle (MIM) hack would probably intercept the signature block and forward on their own known encryption Key.

The hand written tablet scribble signature signing Apps are utter garbage, it looks like chickens scratching in the hen house could do better.
The fact the hand written chicken scratch can be converted to a legible font is open to the simplest form of hacking.
Just intercept the forwarded document, substitute the original document an add the valid user signature to any number of other documents.

There are other totally natural methods of digital signing that use the persons own one off signature.
It places control of the document back into hands of the person signing the document. The persons signature cannot be electronically duplicated (cut&paste, XOR bit masked) or transferred to another document with out the signature detected as fraudulent.
It would require a small change from current business practices and further gov't changes to law for it to protect documents as legally binding.
It would further require people be responsible and delete the local PC documents once they have been forward electronically.

It is so simple to do that computer illiterate grandma can do it.

mincopier
02-02-2019, 11:52 PM
If the chicken scratch signing with a finger is good enough for the credit card companies it is good enough for a copier company.

Custom Search