PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta c224e printing washed out

Custom Search

averroes
01-29-2019, 05:57 PM
Hi guys I have a KM c224e and the print is looking washed out where photos are almost looking like negatives. Luckily I have two similar dummy documents, one that was printed a week ago and one printed today. The one printed a week ago is where I started noticing the print looking a little washed however today its even worse.

Could this be a drum issue?

Toner currently used is aftermarket on this printer however the same toner has been in this printer for over a month and albeit not the best was printing consistent colours. Please see attached two photos comparing the depreciation in quality.

Any advice would be great

Phil B.
01-29-2019, 06:22 PM
Hi guys I have a KM c224e and the print is looking washed out where photos are almost looking like negatives. Luckily I have two similar dummy documents, one that was printed a week ago and one printed today. The one printed a week ago is where I started noticing the print looking a little washed however today its even worse.
Could this be a drum issue?
Toner currently used is aftermarket on this printer however the same toner has been in this printer for over a month and albeit not the best was printing consistent colours. Please see attached two photos comparing the depreciation in quality.
Any advice would be great

seeing how you haven't given any IMPORTANT info other than crappy toner...

page count on drums-belt-fuser-transfer unit
what has been done/not done to it
have PM's been done on time and completely?

copier tech
01-29-2019, 06:39 PM
Same issue as your other post, 3rd party toner its awfull.

averroes
01-29-2019, 06:53 PM
Hi guys thank you very much for your responses. Apologies for not adding enough info. Again I am not sure on the page count per items mentioned however the printer has a combine page count of 620,000 pages

Agreed the third party toner isnt the brightest of ideas however we were in sticky situation with KM behaving very awkwardly when it come to ordering supplies. Usually in the past I found Xerox being difficult however since we have had the live meter, we rarely are without replacement supplies.

Would it be an idea replacing toner as well as drums?

Furthermore, where could I purchase genuine toner and drums other than amazon/ebay

copier tech
01-29-2019, 07:23 PM
Hi guys thank you very much for your responses. Apologies for not adding enough info. Again I am not sure on the page count per items mentioned however the printer has a combine page count of 620,000 pages

Agreed the third party toner isnt the brightest of ideas however we were in sticky situation with KM behaving very awkwardly when it come to ordering supplies. Usually in the past I found Xerox being difficult however since we have had the live meter, we rarely are without replacement supplies.

Would it be an idea replacing toner as well as drums?

Furthermore, where could I purchase genuine toner and drums other than amazon/ebay

If you were to replace the image units & not fit genuine toner the 3rd party toner will damage your new units!

Where are you based?

allan
01-29-2019, 07:43 PM
I agree about the toner.
Looks toast. Drums gone.
Have you tinkered with it? Changed background voltage?
Print some half tones at 200 and post that.
Take a picture of the transfer belt removed under some light.
If the dev tanks have not been changed it would be time to.
So drums, dev tanks and transfer belt.

How many black v color?

averroes
01-29-2019, 08:26 PM
Hi Allan, thank you for your reply buddy. I shall get these posted tomorrow however ive not tinkered with it so from that perspective it is all original. The thing I did do was use after market toner which tbh I am regretting now.

Copier Tech, I am based in Bradford, West Yorkshire buddy.

copier tech
01-29-2019, 08:50 PM
Hi Allan, thank you for your reply buddy. I shall get these posted tomorrow however ive not tinkered with it so from that perspective it is all original. The thing I did do was use after market toner which tbh I am regretting now.

Copier Tech, I am based in Bradford, West Yorkshire buddy.

You'll have dozens of local dealers "up north"

Custom Search