PDA

View Full Version : Transfer belt screws complicated to put back

Custom Search

Bix
01-31-2019, 03:30 PM
Hi, I want to consult with you.

Am I the only one who has problems putting the transfer belt screws back in some models? The left one enters and screws without problems while the one on the right is a real problem.

To open the best, I remove the blocks of the door but the screwdriver still remains slightly inclined and this I think that involves the difficulty in screwing the screw.

On the newer machines I have less of this problem because the door opens a lot more while for example in the bizhub C280, bizhub 364 etc. this problem is more common.

Any suggestions to facilitate screwing of the right screw?

copier addict
01-31-2019, 04:33 PM
I just hold the latch in with my left hand and install the screw with my right. I don't recall having any problems with it.

KMFLT3CH
01-31-2019, 06:31 PM
The older models like C360 and C364e have two black door stops, one at the top and one at the bottom, as well as another door stop/cover in the middle.

On the 4 and 4e series it should be a clear cover held in with one screw, and on the older C360 series it's a large black cover held in with two screws.

You can remove that center cover as well and the door will swing out over a lot more. I always leave all 3 of them out.

Toxic
01-31-2019, 07:24 PM
Does anybody read service manual procedures sometimes...
For C220/C280...clearly states you must remove rear right cover and right door hinge and then you can open door almost full and remove transfer belt screws without any problem or risk to damage it.
Personaly i never remove that way but use short screwdriver for removing right screw which is harder to remove.

copier addict
01-31-2019, 07:32 PM
The older models like C360 and C364e have two black door stops, one at the top and one at the bottom, as well as another door stop/cover in the middle.

On the 4 and 4e series it should be a clear cover held in with one screw, and on the older C360 series it's a large black cover held in with two screws.

You can remove that center cover as well and the door will swing out over a lot more. I always leave all 3 of them out.

On the C360 series, leaving the door stop off allows the door to contact the large serial connectors behind the door. I never leave the door stop off. Rather remove some screws than have to replace an MFP board because the door hit those connectors too hard.

MVPunisher
01-31-2019, 07:34 PM
Can also come in at angle with screwdriver, but start the screw with your hand to prevent cross threading.

copier tech
01-31-2019, 07:50 PM
Hi, I want to consult with you.

Am I the only one who has problems putting the transfer belt screws back in some models? The left one enters and screws without problems while the one on the right is a real problem.

To open the best, I remove the blocks of the door but the screwdriver still remains slightly inclined and this I think that involves the difficulty in screwing the screw.

On the newer machines I have less of this problem because the door opens a lot more while for example in the bizhub C280, bizhub 364 etc. this problem is more common.

Any suggestions to facilitate screwing of the right screw?

Remove the two black stoppers & the clear one the door then swings open further allowing easy access to the rear screw. A good tech has more than one screwdriver!

copier addict
01-31-2019, 07:54 PM
Remove the two black stoppers & the clear one the door then swings open further allowing easy access to the rear screw. A good tech has more than one screwdriver!

I'm sure even bad techs have more than one screwdriver. Lol :cool:

KMFLT3CH
01-31-2019, 07:58 PM
I'm sure even bad techs have more than one screwdriver. Lol :cool:Reminds me of a tech that we used to have - He would walk into accounts with only a medium length screwdriver and a dirty dust rag in his back pocket, no toolbag or anything else. He didn't last too long.

Bix
02-01-2019, 08:25 AM
Of course I removed those blocks! In fact, if you read, I have also written it:

In the bizhub C280 even I removed the plug of the screen to allow 1-2cm more aperture. The problem is that these blocks do not allow a complete opening, in fact the screwdriver still remains slightly inclined.

This, sometimes, especially in old MFPs, makes unscrewing and screwing difficult.

I think I will take inspiration from the idea of @MVPunisher

I have more than one screwdriver but the space is very small. I also tried with a small screwdriver but it does not fit

Thank you all for the support! :D

REGSIS
02-02-2019, 08:55 AM
Additionally.... for c220 280 360
Remove transfer roller, gently push the door little bit more to get extra space and use longer PH2 screwdriver.

For 4&8 series no problems.

Custom Search