PDA

View Full Version : Biz 25e consumables

Custom Search

copyman
02-01-2019, 12:14 AM
I think this was discussed before as being made by Muratec. Anyway I have a few charging per click, they run a decent volume for small machine of 5-7k per month.

Question, are there any aftermarket alternatives for toners & drums? Or refill kits with chips if necessary? OEM consumables are so damn expensive!

Normally I wouldn't mess with aftermarket but I have other bigger machines at this account with blanket contract @ 0.006 per click for B&W. If I figured right buying OEM toners & drums I would barely make any money, or may lose money with the 25e !

Thanks

PS, they don't have room for a "real" copier where I could make a profit for sure

Phil B.
02-01-2019, 12:25 AM
I think this was discussed before as being made by Muratec. Anyway I have a few charging per click, they run a decent volume for small machine of 5-7k per month.
question, are there any aftermarket alternatives for toners & drums? Or refill kits with chips if necessary? OEM consumables are so damn expensive!
Normally I wouldn't mess with aftermarket but I have other bigger machines at this account with blanket contract @ 0.006 per click for B&W. If I figured right buying OEM toners & drums I would barely make any money, or may lose money with the 25e !
Thanks PS, they don't have room for a "real" copier where I could make a profit for sure

Bizhub 25e consumables - Google Search (https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-ab&q=Bizhub+25e+consumables)

copyman
02-01-2019, 02:05 AM
Thanks Phil, I did poke around Google and only found OEM toner & drums at ridiculous prices! I will check out the link you posted. Sometimes it's a hassle trying to open the link here with the warning lol.

Guess I should of been more clear and asked if anyone tried rebuilding / refilling the drums & toners, if any supplies available. Shoot I'll drill and fill if possible! I even have one of those soldering irons with the round tip on it to melt through toner cartridges to refill :cool:

Or if someone has used a certain aftermarket brand that has worked good that would even help.

Phil B.
02-01-2019, 03:03 AM
Thanks Phil, I did poke around Google and only found OEM toner & drums at ridiculous prices! I will check out the link you posted. Sometimes it's a hassle trying to open the link here with the warning lol.

Guess I should of been more clear and asked if anyone tried rebuilding / refilling the drums & toners, if any supplies available. Shoot I'll drill and fill if possible! I even have one of those soldering irons with the round tip on it to melt through toner cartridges to refill :cool:

Or if someone has used a certain aftermarket brand that has worked good that would even help.Your machine.. do what you want.
My suggestion.. dont do it.. but that is a tech of 31 yrs..m all major brands n platforms.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

copyman
02-01-2019, 03:22 AM
Yeah if no aftermarket options than have to bite the bullet and hopefully make a little profit using only OEM. After 40+yrs in this biz I've found sometimes you have give a little looking at bigger picture. Like I mentioned in my original post they also have several bigger machines on clicks that I do make money on.

Hansoon
02-01-2019, 08:09 AM
Do not know the 25e but with the previous model BH-240f and older series I revive the drum units by removing the drum core and than clean out the collected crap from inside. A new fuse and it will work almost as new. All together a 10 minutes job. One can do this at least 3 times before replacing of the drum unit becomes necessary.

The toner units I get from an overstock supplier. New but cheap overstock, often crushed dirty boxes, doesn't matter as long as the inside is OK. We modify them * so they fit in the old 130, 131, 190 machines crosswise too. Now we have only one stock item for all machines. Again the same unit we use for the BH-240f because we modify the machine body too to accept all toner units. The toner units will fit now from BH-130 up to the BH-240f. *

These little machines are themselves not so important but mostly used besides contracts for larger machines. Often the boss or his secretary, whatever, wants a small machine within their reach. Than those little critters are good to use.

Hans

* Send me a PM if you are a contributor to this site and want to know how. Don't want to put this into the open Internet space cause Google Search became very powerful and finds EVERYTHING we put up here. Not only my local competitors but also end users ;)

copyman
02-01-2019, 01:10 PM
Thanks Hans. Just the type of answer I was looking for. Thanks for the tips. I may PM you. Yes, I'm a long time contributor of this website.

copyman
02-01-2019, 04:07 PM
As usual when you talk about a machine it bites you in the ass. A different customer with a 25e called for wrinkling the pages. Went out this morning and the sleeve on the LFR is wrinkled. Can these be rebuilt? Are there any options besides OEM?

Thanks

Hansoon
02-01-2019, 06:22 PM
I think original OEM (#DD1A-012A-30) is too forbidden damn expensive.
Precision Roller wants an obscene USD 227.95

I get such machines (OK, until now the 240f, but still....) from a wholesaler with damaged or yellowed covers for less than 70 USD. Lots of parts to cannibalize and regularly good toner and drum units too.

Don't think I'm a cheapo but I'm an Indy and our resources are limited.......

Hans

Hansoon
02-01-2019, 06:24 PM
double posting. sorry.

copyman
02-01-2019, 07:06 PM
Good point. That was my first thought buy a few for parts. Like I posted pay $25-$50 for these. But my wholesalers only had a few with high page counts.

Custom Search