PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C654e HDD error related to firmware

Custom Search

Rylac
02-01-2019, 01:27 PM
hey guys.
i have a bizhub C654e that ive reformatted multiple hdds, both physical and logical, from this exact model, but once i get through the logical process, and reboot the machine, im recieving a C-D012 error.
From what im seeing here, and in the srv manual, there looks to be a firmware that fixes this particular issue.
is there anyone whol would be willing to provide assistance with obtaining said firmware?
I am not an end-user. Please pm me if you would like any more info, or details about me, or the issue.
thank you for your time.
Ryan

Albonline
02-01-2019, 03:14 PM
hey guys.
i have a bizhub C654e that ive reformatted multiple hdds, both physical and logical, from this exact model, but once i get through the logical process, and reboot the machine, im recieving a C-D012 error.
From what im seeing here, and in the srv manual, there looks to be a firmware that fixes this particular issue.
is there anyone whol would be willing to provide assistance with obtaining said firmware?
I am not an end-user. Please pm me if you would like any more info, or details about me, or the issue.
thank you for your time.
Ryan

Have seen this many times. reinstall latest firmware and its fixed. started with the 4 series fw version that makes it comparable to the 4e's. think there is either some part of the flash that ends up on hdd, or its tagging the hdd.

Rylac
02-01-2019, 06:02 PM
Have seen this many times. reinstall latest firmware and its fixed. started with the 4 series fw version that makes it comparable to the 4e's. think there is either some part of the flash that ends up on hdd, or its tagging the hdd.

Thank you, I am trying to obtain said firmware.

Rylac
02-02-2019, 07:12 PM
so after obtaining the most recent firmware, now i am running into an issue where the copier doesnt want to recognize the usb. i continually recieve an error that says "invalid external memory. Please make sure the external"
I have tried replacing the ssd board, but with no luck.
ive tried both 8gb and 2gb usbs formatted to FAT32.
kind of at a loss as to where to go from here. I understand that I may be able to replace the mfp, but I would need to reflash the firmware right after, and im worried if I do this, the copier will still not recognize any usbs.
any suggestions?
thank you
-Ryan

Synthohol
02-02-2019, 07:16 PM
what files are you putting on the root of the drive and what usb port are you using?

Rylac
02-02-2019, 07:34 PM
the service port underneath the screwed down slider.

this is what my root looks like41618

Synthohol
02-02-2019, 09:01 PM
well damn, looks correct.
konica is finicky with some USB drives like some sandisk ones and others. i would only use 4gb or less for best results.
some drives have a hidden partition and those fail as well.
heres some incompatible drives from previous models, and the list has only gotten bigger im sure.

Solution
CAUSE: In most cases, the message is not related to the USB memory device itself. The message normally indicates that the firmware on the USB memory stick is not applicable to the model to which the firmware update is being performed.

SOLUTION: Check if the firmware on the USB memory is the correct version and type for the model. If not, download the right firmware onto the USB memory and retry the firmware update. If the same message is displayed again, try another USB memory device that is known to work.

C654e C754e_A2X00Y0-F000-G20-M0.exe (https://cscsupportftp.mykonicaminolta.com/DownloadFile/Download.ashx?fileversionid=23336&productid=1630) is the FW you need. its A2X00Y0 and your pic shows A79J in one of the files.

Synthohol
02-02-2019, 09:18 PM
yeah you have the wrong FW.
your root should have these files.

Rylac
02-03-2019, 12:18 AM
Thank you so much. I really appreciate the help.
You're quite the lifesaver man.

Phil B.
02-03-2019, 01:45 AM
Thank you so much. I really appreciate the help.
You're quite the lifesaver man.

how about giving Synth a like or thank boost his rep power?

thanks

Rylac
02-03-2019, 02:04 AM
Happy to, and planning on it. I'm not quite sure how to do that from the app, so I'm planning to do so once I'm home at my PC.
Unless you can tell me how to from the app

Phil B.
02-03-2019, 04:19 AM
Happy to, and planning on it. I'm not quite sure how to do that from the app, so I'm planning to do so once I'm home at my PC.
Unless you can tell me how to from the app

not sure which APP.. but from PC.. pull up his post.. under grey box with " likes/thanks etc" are radio buttons for like & thanks..

tsbservice
02-03-2019, 07:26 AM
Re: App
If this is Tapatalk android app, why not using your preferred phone browser. Had seen users with Tapatalk have different problems on other forums. I tried Tapatalk once and quickly quit it.

Phil B.
02-03-2019, 07:48 AM
Re: App
If this is Tapatalk android app, why not using your preferred phone browser. Had seen users with Tapatalk have different problems on other forums. I tried Tapatalk once and quickly quit it.

yup noticed that also ... "a vanilla world..blah..blah ..blah"

my 'preferred' thru service is "Bing" nope.. Tapatalk for quick.. PC at home for proper help ( even if some don't feel so_)

Rylac
02-03-2019, 10:13 AM
The app I am referring to is an Android app available in the Google play store. Im not sure what Tapatalk is.
Where I was didn't have decent service, or wifi, so rather than load it all up in my browser, the app was much easier to load up in that case.
It seems like a dumbed down version of the forum, but it allowed me to follow this thread.
I only recently found it, and just last night realized it's limitations.
Thanks for the advice Phil b.
I honestly just figured out that there were rep points and what they were, right before I posted this thread.
Thanks to the FAQs

copier tech
02-03-2019, 12:32 PM
well damn, looks correct.
konica is finicky with some USB drives like some sandisk ones and others. i would only use 4gb or less for best results.
some drives have a hidden partition and those fail as well.
heres some incompatible drives from previous models, and the list has only gotten bigger im sure.

Solution
CAUSE: In most cases, the message is not related to the USB memory device itself. The message normally indicates that the firmware on the USB memory stick is not applicable to the model to which the firmware update is being performed.

SOLUTION: Check if the firmware on the USB memory is the correct version and type for the model. If not, download the right firmware onto the USB memory and retry the firmware update. If the same message is displayed again, try another USB memory device that is known to work.

C654e C754e_A2X00Y0-F000-G20-M0.exe (https://cscsupportftp.mykonicaminolta.com/DownloadFile/Download.ashx?fileversionid=23336&productid=1630) is the FW you need. its A2X00Y0 and your pic shows A79J in one of the files.

In The UK the latest available fw is version for the C654e & C754e is: A2X00Y0-F000-GDG-M0

https://mega.nz/#!tQkSQITQ!5dSndgcQZA_h4LeQI6g8JrCAP4n1JIVXugyYrlW Rx3Y

Synthohol
02-03-2019, 03:49 PM
Release Notes: bizhub C654e, C754e (LK-101) Special Firmware Version GDG-M0 FA14 and PKI card invalid message correction

thats not the latest base FW, that was under special FW to correct a PKI issue.

C654e C754e_A2X00Y0-F000-G20-M0.exe is the newest base FW.

Famoosa
04-25-2019, 04:56 PM

where can i find or download the firmware? have been looking all overt the internet and unable to find it

copier tech
04-25-2019, 06:52 PM
where can i find or download the firmware? have been looking all overt the internet and unable to find it

Firmware Update - Printer & Copier Firmware (http://www.copierfirmware.co.uk)

drop us an email 😃

antone
04-25-2019, 07:16 PM
Konica.com

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Famoosa
04-25-2019, 07:24 PM
Konica.com

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Tried them directly but but they only have the printer drivers no firmware available for download, if someone could assist urgently it would highly appreciated. Thank you in advance

Custom Search