PDA

View Full Version : c65x Bypass Roller Alternatives?

Custom Search

Synaux
02-02-2019, 02:57 AM
Got some c650s and c654s that do not like running odd-ball sized/weight papers from the bypass (new rollers) unless only 10-20 sheets are loaded (e.g., thick 3/4/envelopes).
While this is manageable, I am looking for alternatives.
I think I recall some discussions about ribbed rollers...¿

Anyways, this guy is running a lot of screwy stuff out of the bypass and getting a little tired of babying the machine along (with intermittent jams at times). I told him it is just the nature of the beast because he pushing the machines to its limits, but I cannot help but wonder if there is something else I should explore.

Thanks!

habik
02-02-2019, 07:00 AM
Opt 1.
Try to play with timing.

Opt 2.
Try to use all three rollers in bypass with new ribbed ones
A5C1562200. Then play with timing.

Sent from portable device using fast cheapset!

Phil B.
02-02-2019, 08:31 AM
Got some c650s and c654s that do not like running odd-ball sized/weight papers from the bypass (new rollers) unless only 10-20 sheets are loaded (e.g., thick 3/4/envelopes).
While this is manageable, I am looking for alternatives.
I think I recall some discussions about ribbed rollers...¿
Anyways, this guy is running a lot of screwy stuff out of the bypass and getting a little tired of babying the machine along (with intermittent jams at times). I told him it is just the nature of the beast because he pushing the machines to its limits, but I cannot help but wonder if there is something else I should explore.
Thanks!

are they defining the paper weight properly for each job?
is it misfeeding?

I had Ricoh years ago.. tried springs on the feed arm of the BYPASS tray.. finally I taped an old *metal* oki retard shaft on top (xtra weight).. had no probs for a month.. went back pulled the arm..hot glued the shaft on the underside in the channels of the arm. From then on the user changed his own rollers and I was done!

blackcat4866
02-02-2019, 04:17 PM
You might try weighting the pickup, like most of the production machines can. Keep in mind that it reduces the roller life by ~50%. What are the roller inner and outer dimensions?

The thing about envelopes is that they hold air, and compress. The more envelopes that you stack the more they compress. One of my customers has a Xante (Ricoh rebadge) designed to feed mainly envelopes. It is fitted with two conveyors. The first conveyor staggers up to 200 envelopes and creeps along, bring one or two envelopes at a time into the pickup feed. The second conveyor replaces the exit tray. It creeps along collecting the staggered envelopes. It's very effective, in my humble opinion the only reliable way to print volumes of envelopes. =^..^=

junior
02-05-2019, 03:12 PM
advice so far is spot on just remember capacity of the bypass decreases with heavier paper.
Also you can try adjusting the pressure on the sep roller. The c654 has a little tab to move the older one you could probably swap springs.

Synaux
02-06-2019, 03:15 AM
advice so far is spot on just remember capacity of the bypass decreases with heavier paper.
Also you can try adjusting the pressure on the sep roller. The c654 has a little tab to move the older one you could probably swap springs.
Wow the page counts for bypass was a bit of an eye-opener.
And that bulletin has me left speechless! I will definitely try it.

Thanks!

You might try weighting the pickup, like most of the production machines can. Keep in mind that it reduces the roller life by ~50%. What are the roller inner and outer dimensions?

The thing about envelopes is that they hold air, and compress. The more envelopes that you stack the more they compress. One of my customers has a Xante (Ricoh rebadge) designed to feed mainly envelopes. It is fitted with two conveyors. The first conveyor staggers up to 200 envelopes and creeps along, bring one or two envelopes at a time into the pickup feed. The second conveyor replaces the exit tray. It creeps along collecting the staggered envelopes. It's very effective, in my humble opinion the only reliable way to print volumes of envelopes. =^..^=

Right now I am not really coming up with a reasonable way to increase the pressure/weight aside from maybe a heavier spring, but if figure something out I will post a pict--thanks blackcat and Phil.

He actually had some Okis (38xx model I think) that can be rigged to do envelops like the Zante (he even had one of those--didnt have conveyor) but got rid of them some years ago, problem with the OKIs for him was the insane toner costs (and PQ was...meh).

Opt 1.
Try to play with timing.

Opt 2.
Try to use all three rollers in bypass with new ribbed ones
A5C1562200. Then play with timing.

Sent from portable device using fast cheapset!

How does on play with the bypass tray timing??
I forgot about those "new style rollers" I will order several.

Reminds me of a joke:
I made love to my wife last night but instead of using a normal condom, I used a frog skin.I thought I'd rib it for her pleasure.

Custom Search