PDA

View Full Version : C353 Shadowing

Custom Search

OperatorError
02-02-2019, 07:24 AM
I have a C353 (458k) that's shadowing. It effects black most predominately but if I look close I can see it on other colors. I have replace the fuser and black drum. I also increased the fusing temp. Still happening.

Question 1) Are these transfer belts known to shadow? It seems illogical, I'd expect streaks from a bad blade...

Question 2) Any known issues with fuser retraction failing on these devices?

Thanks kindly.

Phil B.
02-02-2019, 08:23 AM
I have a C353 (458k) that's shadowing. It effects black most predominately but if I look close I can see it on other colors. I have replace the fuser and black drum. I also increased the fusing temp. Still happening.
Question 1) Are these transfer belts known to shadow? It seems illogical, I'd expect streaks from a bad blade...
Question 2) Any known issues with fuser retraction failing on these devices?
Thanks kindly.

well the thing(s) I would like to know is/are:
Pages on Dev Unit?
have you CLEANED the paper path?
Genuine OEM toner/drums?
Life count on BELT?
PM's done properly and on TIME?
any error codes?

I understand the jump to the drum.. why fuser?

Toxic
02-02-2019, 08:32 AM
Some attached scanned sample would be good too...
If i remember good this machine have imaging units (drum and developer all together) and its very expensive now.
So you probably replace only non oem drum?
What toner you use,OEM or not?

OperatorError
02-02-2019, 08:39 AM
Some attached scanned sample would be good too...
If i remember good this machine have imaging units (drum and developer all together) and its very expensive now.
So you probably replace only non oem drum?
What toner you use,OEM or not?

The toner and drum are OEM. The drum and dev are the same, yes.

OperatorError
02-02-2019, 08:44 AM
well the thing(s) I would like to know is/are:
Pages on Dev Unit?
have you CLEANED the paper path?
Genuine OEM toner/drums?
Life count on BELT?
PM's done properly and on TIME?
any error codes?

I understand the jump to the drum.. why fuser?

If you don't know why a fuser would be replaced for shadowing, I don't need your help. Not that you wish to give help. I see your posts. All you do is berate people.

I gave info about my machine, the problem and what I tried. This is a forum to share problems and kick around ideas. I had a couple of questions, that's all.

Hansoon
02-02-2019, 09:44 AM
If you don't know why a fuser would be replaced for shadowing, I don't need your help. Not that you wish to give help. I see your posts. All you do is berate people.
I gave info about my machine, the problem and what I tried. This is a forum to share problems and kick around ideas. I had a couple of questions, that's all.

Wow....... :confused::(

Hans

Phil B.
02-02-2019, 09:54 AM
[QUOTE=OperatorError;725425]If you don't know why a fuser would be replaced for shadowing, I don't need your help. Not that you wish to give help. I see your posts. All you do is berate people.

*** UNTRUE when people give the info WE (not just asking for me) need I try to help... Notice the likes/thanks rep power. THAT doesn't come from treating people like you SAY I do.***

I gave info about my machine, the problem and what I tried.
*** Untrue AGAIN.. this is your OP:....

so as ALL can see you never: mentioned the page counts on items you replaced ..
"Shadowing" is MOST times as an image of the text ..kinda offset some.. HAZING/BACKGROUND is total covering *light/dark* over entire page.
Fusers TYPICALLY GHOST/repet images .. not Background (again no pictures)

MOST times ALL techs here request:
Page Counts Total and on consumables
PICTURES of the PQ/CQ issues
OEM/non supplies used
Done/not done
and MAYBE an explanation of WHY parts were replaced ( since no page counts were given)

YOU asked for help with OUT providing most of that information.. HENCE some queries .. no problem I will no longer lend my knowledge of 31+ years to your issues.

Hansoon
02-02-2019, 10:05 AM
so as ALL can see you never: mentioned the page counts on items you replaced ..
"Shadowing" is MOST times as an image of the text ..kinda offset some.. HAZING/BACKGROUND is total covering *light/dark* over entire page.
Fusers TYPICALLY GHOST/repet images .. not Background (again no pictures)

Right, exactly! I agree

Hans

copier addict
02-02-2019, 11:49 AM
I once saw a bulletin stating the transfer roller can cause issues like this. Try replacing it.

copyman
02-02-2019, 12:31 PM

Wow! is right. You come on here asking for help and this is the attitude you give? This is the fastest way NOT to get help here. Yes Phil is tough because some "techs" come on this forum unprepared, stupid questions, etc. Almost expect us to repair their machine! Many times they are end users pretending to be techs.

Do yourself a favor before posting on this forum, exhaust all avenues, Service manual, bulletins, Google. Then if you still need to post list everything you did so far, attach samples, etc.

By the way I know why Phil asked about the fuser, I have worked on 100's of the "3" series and never had a fuser "shadow" so that is why he asked. Maybe it was a question unrelated to the shadowing in that case should start a new thread with that question.

Anyway you received some good advice here. What you describe could only be caused by Image unit, Transfer belt or Transfer roller. My guess is transfer belt. As for the fuser question. No,fuser retraction malfunction is not common and if happens will throw code.

tsbservice
02-02-2019, 01:59 PM
I once saw a bulletin stating the transfer roller can cause issues like this. Try replacing it.
Agree with TR change or increase secondary transfer.
Disagree with the rest. There are too many non techs posting here, that is fine as far they had right attitude and show they deserve our help.
Not much in this case, thought.

blackcat4866
02-02-2019, 04:02 PM
Maybe I'm a little different from the others here. I answer some posts ... don't answer others. Do you know why? If it interests me ... and if I think I can learn something from the interaction.

If it's not interesting, if I'm not going to learn anything new, I'm not involved.

So it's in you're best interest to attract our interest, and provide the background information that we need to give an educated opinion. Sure, Phil can be a bit abrasive ... and he's entirely right most of the time.

Think. Do you really want help? Then don't cop an attitude with those willing to respond. This an aspect of the internet that I never have really understood. Some posters think we owe you something. Well we don't.
=^..^=

OperatorError
02-02-2019, 06:24 PM
Think. Do you really want help? Then don't cop an attitude with those willing to respond. This an aspect of the internet that I never have really understood. Some posters think we owe you something. Well we don't.
=^..^=

Have you read Phil's posts? He acts as the gatekeeper of this forum. No matter what the question HE RESPONDS IN ALL CAPS THAT YOU SUCK. It's obnoxious. Help or don't help, I don't really care. This site has degraded. Lot's of crab-ass, geezers on their high horses.

copyman
02-02-2019, 06:50 PM
There's no gatekeeper on this forum. Some members including myself look at this website as a valuable tool and want to protect it.

I do agree if someone can't answer a posters question then there is no reason to reply. No need to berate anyone. Just ignore it. If i see anyone, tech or end user getting abused I will speak up. Don't care how long they have been a member, contributor, etc.
But this time Phil was trying to help and you are wrong!

I've gotten to the point I don't have time to "interview" a poster on what they have done so far, etc. Shoot I do that all week with my customers, surely not going to do it here.

Rylac
02-02-2019, 07:28 PM
if you have a problem providing very basic information, to have complete strangers, help you save or make money, i would reevaluate your life choices.
i understand dealing with some of these issues can be very frustrating, but covering very basic things are important.
typically a person who says things like "yeah drum and developer are the same thing" are either very inexperienced, or an end user posing as a technician.
i have gained more useful knowledge from this forum than most classes, or training anywhere.
pissing off very experienced, and well respected members of this community are not in your best interest.
i truly beleive he was trying to help.
whether you like his "attitude" or not, if he's trying to help you, what harm does it do to either ignore his post, or provide the information he asked?
how often have we all had a very difficult repair on our hands, only to realize it was a very simple mistake or something that got overlooked?

that being said,
it definatly sounds like a transfer belt, or transfer issue, which again, he asked for basic info about, to help you.

habik
02-03-2019, 08:18 PM
I have a wild guess that your lasers are out of alignment.

If not the TR has broken black bushing.

Sent from portable device using fast cheapset!

Synaux
02-05-2019, 02:24 AM
Have you read Phil's posts? He acts as the gatekeeper of this forum. No matter what the question HE RESPONDS IN ALL CAPS THAT YOU SUCK. It's obnoxious. Help or don't help, I don't really care. This site has degraded. Lot's of crab-ass, geezers on their high horses.

It seems that Phil gets too deep into the sauce sometimes and as a result, can say some annoying things...
:rolleyes: However, he didn't do that, you did. I'm not trying to bash you--just pointing out the obvious.

Perhaps this is due to a lack of moderation, but it is rare to see much feuding or attitude here (at least here in the KM community).

You said: "This site has degraded. Lot's of crab-ass, geezers on their high horses." But these geezers still continued to try to help, which you have not adequately responded to or bother to post pictures or provide the very basic information requested. I get what you are saying to some degree, but this is not a productive attitude. You made your point. Now let's get to fixin!

Anyways, I don't really have anything to add to possible solutions; be sure you follow-up with more information and/or how you fixed this issue!

Synaux
02-05-2019, 02:34 AM
i understand dealing with some of these issues can be very frustrating, but covering very basic things are important.
typically a person who says things like "yeah drum and developer are the same thing" are either very inexperienced, or an end user posing as a technician.

He was saying that the drum and dev are one unit (IU).

And as far as I'm concerned--for the most part--end users are ok here. That is, if they are posting here with a lick of sense, respectful, can read service manuals, showed they actually worked on the machine prior to posting and not looking for handouts I'm fine with it.
A lot of the old machines out of contract are glorified boat anchors if not maintained by the end user.

Custom Search