PDA

View Full Version : c1100 tearing Fusing Belts

Custom Search

CopierNerd
02-02-2019, 01:09 PM
bizhub press c1100 is tearing fusing units. I have replaced 2 fusing belts.Both goes at one side. sensor is OK, double checked. Cleaned it. Lubricated the fusing rollers with silicone oil for gripping but no success.

I was wondering what is the slimy wax kinda material spread all over the fusing rollers? Its toner wax or something else? Should these rollers be lubricated or dry? It goes dry soon after 1K+ prints.and what can be the reason of fusing belt straying from center?

i dont want to waste 3rd belt. any one faced this problem?

blackcat4866
02-02-2019, 03:28 PM
This fuser is a lot like a C1060. On the foam roller did you notice that the narrower black gear is at the front, and the slightly wider white gear is at the rear? It is fully possible to install the foam roller reversed (longer end to the front). It rubs on a metal post and does not tension the belt evenly. The reason I noticed is because I had ordered a replacement gear for the rear of the foam roller, but when it arrived the gear didn't fit on the rear ...

I have noticed that the foam roller gets extremely sticky. Nearing replacement, you can hear a sound ... of the belt peeling off of the foam roller. I'm not aware of any negative consequences, and since there is no fuser oil source, I don't know where it comes from. Maybe it exudes out of the foam? =^..^=

Phil B.
02-03-2019, 09:24 AM
I have noticed that the foam roller gets extremely sticky. Nearing replacement, you can hear a sound ... of the belt peeling off of the foam roller. I'm not aware of any negative consequences, and since there is no fuser oil source, I don't know where it comes from. Maybe it exudes out of the foam? =^..^=

well sounds like the foam roller ( much like the foam pads on HP solenoids from time ) becomes sticky from the heat? The sound sounds like ripping tape off a previously sealed box.
Had that happen years ago on a Ricoh color fuser (225?) another tech had rebuilt... left the 2x old press roller in fuser ( he was that account tech ) Damn roller was so sticky it Stuck to my fingers! ** come to find out he was squirreling parts and working on the side :mad: **

Custom Search