PDA

View Full Version : cpp 650 chunking fuser gears

Custom Search

copierfixer
10-02-2008, 06:43 PM
copier called in for load popping noise....troubleshooting I found broken fuser gears. one was a one way gear broke in two then the big thick drown gear was worn down also the gear against that one with two different teeth sets on it. only ordered one set of all these and when I brought the machine back up it stripped the gears again. Is there something going on? Has anyone else had this problem?
copierfixer

minimerlin
10-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Did you check all the bearings in the fuser? Sounds to me that you have tight or seized bearings somewhere.

bgbas
10-02-2008, 11:00 PM
:mad: Yes Iv'e run into many of these that fail before their duty rating. Bad gears and or loud whining noise, the first model was terrible.
They have a new part number and these fusers are supposed to incorporate some badly needed fixes.
New # A00JR2122

bigmark
10-04-2008, 01:34 AM
make sure you have the newer modified fuser drive assembly. the lower one way now has more support and the upper one way has a slightly different shaft. I have found that if the one ways go bad... try to replace the shafts as well. scuffing them will work some times, but problem will usually come back. also, dont forget to check the torque limiter under the fuser. but I would say the fuser sounds like bound up bearings as well.

Custom Search