PDA

View Full Version : Verify Konica Minolta Outward License

Custom Search

Bix
02-05-2019, 02:34 PM
Hello,

I asked myself: is there a Konica Minolta site to check a license of a technician? For example, I saw in the license a code in an Outward Associate certificate. But can it be clarified in some way?

emujo2
02-05-2019, 02:41 PM
Why? Outward certs are not industry recognized certifications...Nor would a fake cert be helpful within KM as the tech in question would not have the cert listed in the Learning place. Are you trying to prove "stolen valor"??? I can't think that having a KM Outward associate cert would help much in a Canon or Toshiba job interview...E

Bix
02-05-2019, 02:50 PM
I do not know but maybe the dealers could be interested. Maybe a technician who changes his city and wants to prove that he has taken courses.

JR2ALTA
02-05-2019, 02:55 PM
It's best practice for the tech to print out certificates after the course is completed to keep for his records.

KM will not divulge any personnel information, no matter how innocuous, to a non-dealer.

Bix
02-05-2019, 03:30 PM
Yes, but I think it is easily falsifiable as a certificate. Why then put a code to the certificate if you can not verify it?

JR2ALTA
02-05-2019, 04:35 PM
Possibly. But you can verify if you're a KM dealer. Just need the techs old email address.

allan
02-05-2019, 05:01 PM
Your account can be transferred to different "managers/admins".
And your info can be accessed by request form the powers to be without your involvement.
As far as i understand once registered its accessible worldwide and remains there even if you are not around anymore.

As far as what its worth, not to much.

copier tech
02-05-2019, 05:18 PM
Yes, but I think it is easily falsifiable as a certificate. Why then put a code to the certificate if you can not verify it?

I keep all my certificates & add them to my CV.

Also you will have reference from your previous employer/service manager who will (hopefully) verify the training was completed.

rrrohan
02-06-2019, 04:49 AM
Ive knows techs with Associate level training they were better techs than the ones that have Professional.

If i was hiring Id be more keen on your years worked in the industry. If you can fix one brand and can read manuals and bulletins you can fix anything

bsm2
02-06-2019, 12:18 PM
I believe there is a backdoor discount on how many techs you have trained and the what level of training.
As far as Konica training, unfortunate that Konica Fails to give credit for COMPtia or other copier manufacturer training. Learning the copy process after working in industry for 30 years is a total waste of time and man hours.

Custom Search