PDA

View Full Version : bIZ 421

Custom Search

copyman
02-06-2019, 12:46 AM
Didn't work on many of these oddball ugly step child's but do remember problems with the toner system, holder/door. New customer called and when I looked at it the toner btl door wouldn't close with btl in. Nothing looked broken. Didn't have a real lot of time plus it was a free estimate. Was able to make internal test pages without btl in machine and prints looked really good. If prints didn't look good I would of pronounced it dead, especially being in Kon/Min end of life status, no longer supported. You know same old story, it's a church trying save money. I couldn't say no.

Told the customer the copier was deemed end of life no longer supported by Kon/Min last year and parts might not even be available?

From what I describe what parts should I look at to order. Looking at parts manual it looks like whole assemblies are sold. Would like to go the whole assembly route unless something simple. Any common issues?

blackcat4866
02-06-2019, 12:56 AM
These old dogs dump toner into the photointerrupters that monitor the toner bottle rotation. Depending on your production date, later machines had a little portal to clean up those sensors. Earlier machines required a major disassembly.

The other thing about these old dogs, is if your customer doesn't line up the grooves when installing the toner cartridge, the toner cartridge won't go in ... and it won't come out. You end up breaking something to get it out. The toner hopper is really three large assemblies. At one time KM sold toner bottle rotation assemblies, but I doubt that you can get one now.

Maybe you could have fixed it 5 years ago, but not now. =^..^=

Toxic
02-06-2019, 12:56 AM
Have similar situation few times.
Check page 5 in pdf
Sometimes non OEM toner cant fit in at all..

twotech
02-06-2019, 01:26 AM
Didn't work on many of these oddball ugly step child's but do remember problems with the toner system, holder/door. New customer called and when I looked at it the toner btl door wouldn't close with btl in. Nothing looked broken. Didn't have a real lot of time plus it was a free estimate. Was able to make internal test pages without btl in machine and prints looked really good. If prints didn't look good I would of pronounced it dead, especially being in Kon/Min end of life status, no longer supported. You know same old story, it's a church trying save money. I couldn't say no.

Told the customer the copier was deemed end of life no longer supported by Kon/Min last year and parts might not even be available?

From what I describe what parts should I look at to order. Looking at parts manual it looks like whole assemblies are sold. Would like to go the whole assembly route unless something simple. Any common issues?
All you need is a flash light and a long screw driver. Take the toner bottle out and shine the light into the toner cowel. Spin the cowel until the cut outs line up to
accept the bottle.

JR2ALTA
02-06-2019, 02:03 AM
Is it just me or does end of life mean jack squat? We're still ordering parts for 15 + year old machines. I wish we could really say "nope, sorry, can't help ya"

907tec
02-06-2019, 08:18 PM
Also, you can usually clear out the toner from the rear of the machine with a bit of tubing. Either tape it to the end of your toner vac and reach it to the back of the machine, or use some copper tubing and just spray it out using your mouth.

I never had too much success with the mods they released for this issue. A good, thorough cleaning of the bottle drive/hopper/toner add mechanism always did the trick.

copyman
02-07-2019, 10:24 PM
Not sure if this means anything but I had told them to order new toner since the old one was empty and btl deformed looking. They got new OEM toner today and said the new btl went right in, all doors closed easy but when warming up it stops and message comes up something like "reposition bottle and close all doors".

Like I said it doesn't seem like anything broken. I was going to go back and vac & clean sensors. Is there anything else I should look at with this new info? If anything different then what has been posted already.

Thanks again for the help

Custom Search