PDA

View Full Version : c454 stopped scanning to email

Custom Search

rodman1
02-08-2019, 12:55 PM
We had to change smtp server so went with gmail we had in put all the settings which work on the kyoceras just fine but not on any of the minoltas any thoughts we have tried change gmail to allow lees secure apps and off and on certificates in the network settings on the copier to no avail if i use my personal one and one account it works just not gmail any thoughts

copier addict
02-08-2019, 01:13 PM
We had to change smtp server so went with gmail we had in put all the settings which work on the kyoceras just fine but not on any of the minoltas any thoughts we have tried change gmail to allow lees secure apps and off and on certificates in the network settings on the copier to no avail if i use my personal one and one account it works just not gmail any thoughts

There is a bulletin about this. It requires a softswitch change and two separate firmware installations.
Do a search on here, there are several other posts concerning this issue.

rodman1
02-08-2019, 01:37 PM
Thanks copier addict i do not have access to the firmware which will fix this if anyone has this would be greatly appreciated TIA

copier tech
02-08-2019, 02:17 PM

The C454 will not scan using gmail without a firmware “e” series update.

We can supply should you need it.

rodman1
02-11-2019, 04:34 PM
Thanks that would be great tried online to find but no luck other than minolta them selves and if you ever need any kyocera stuff let me know TIA

spock
02-16-2019, 08:34 AM
You can setup a non E series MFD using http://aspmx.l.google.com

Refer to this page for more INFO: Send email from a printer, scanner, or app - G Suite Admin Help (https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en)

non-E series MFD's or earlier will not support the encryption method required for authenticated GMAIL.

Custom Search