PDA

View Full Version : Stop acting like a thief. meter reset requests

Custom Search

Synthohol
02-11-2019, 01:14 AM
When someone PMs me asking how to reset meter to zero nothing would give me more pleasure than if you lost your job and go to jail with a reputation of a sinister thief.
Rot in hell scumbag.

Phil B.
02-11-2019, 01:41 AM
When someone PMs me asking how to reset meter to zero nothing would give me more pleasure than if you lost your job and go to jail with a reputation of a sinister thief. Rot in hell scumbag.

****STANDING**** LOUD APPLAUSE **** AMEN BROTHER -= PREACH IT =-

This type of question ( Public OR Private ) just tells the recipient of said message, that the sender is a low life " used car dealer " should be reported and banned. THEY deserve NO help from honest Technicians! People like that give a bad name, not only to Techs/Equipment Dealers, but to HUMANS as well. A 762x54r takes care PERMANENTLY of a Son of a Bitch like that!

Thanks again Synth!

tech28
02-11-2019, 02:52 PM
Back in the eighties early part on the nineties, remember going to service call's on Canon's and their meters were zeroed out, machines were not new, they were "rebuilt" by "authorized personnel" hence meters turned to -0-. Now, these were machine's being sold as used and "rebuilt" to customers. That was back then, can't say they still do that, but, back then, they did.

CopierNerd
02-11-2019, 03:34 PM
Totally agree with synthohol.

At this forum one cannot determine whether the person who is asking for reset tool or relevant stuff will use it for positive means or not. I believe resetting the counters to zero is nothing or useless, unless and until used for resale/rebuilt. To sale machines like new. Cheating, fraud, and black money.

Also agree with PhilB and other Seniors!

I totally agree with your concern!

srvctec
02-11-2019, 05:12 PM
Totally agree with synthohol.

At this forum one cannot determine whether the person who is asking for reset tool or relevant stuff will use it for positive means or not. I believe resetting the counters to zero is nothing or useless, unless and until used for resale/rebuilt. To sale machines like new. Cheating, fraud, and black money.

Also agree with PhilB and other Seniors!

I totally agree with your concern!

Yeah, there is no reason to EVER reset a counter on a machine. So what if it's being sold as rebuilt, makes no difference whatsoever whether the counter stays at what it actually is. We rebuild and resell machines all the time, over the last 31 years and we've never even once considered resetting the counters for "resale/rebuilt" as you put it. That kind of rationalizing hopefully will get you in trouble if you actually do it.

Like mentioned in the above post, Canon used to do it (maybe they still do) but only on "factory rebuilt", whatever that means. That even sounds shady to me. Just my 2 cents.

tsbservice
02-11-2019, 05:13 PM
Well, Thank you for attention. This scum is sending PMs to other members including me.
Be careful guys, not all members have good intentions.

JR2ALTA
02-11-2019, 05:22 PM
Pricing generic toner same as OEM is the much more common and acceptable form of ripping of your customers.

copyman
02-11-2019, 05:58 PM
The creep probably asked the same question on an auto forum about how to turn his cars odometer back!

joserf
02-11-2019, 08:34 PM
friends just needed to know information on how to reset the information on the machine not to change the counter of the machine .... I'm sorry if you misunderstood what I meant

joserf
02-11-2019, 08:41 PM
Hello,
You must make a Data Clear + Format HDD.
1. Go to the Service menu> System 1> Initialization> Delete all data and then the blue key.
After doing so, disable the HDD, then re-enable it from Service menu> System 2> HDD> Choose installed.
2. The second is from Service menu> Status confirmation> Memory / storage setting> (page 2) Form> Logical format.
Thus, the machine is restored to the factory data.

joserf
02-11-2019, 08:45 PM
thanks to a user ..... I have requested this information .... it has been misinterpreted what I was asking ... I'm sorry

emujo2
02-11-2019, 09:15 PM
Factory reset and meter reset are 2 different things, factory reset can be useful to restore a MFP back to it's original factory (out of the box) settings, but does not affect meter counts. I can understand if something was lost in translation. E

joserf
02-11-2019, 09:23 PM
Of course I was referring to that ... I have not specified well ... it was my fault ... I'm sorry

Synthohol
02-11-2019, 11:10 PM
Your PM was just a final straw to make me post this. I've gotten a dozen requests like that so I was not singling you out.
See as I've said before, I don't mind helping with manuals or real firmware to folks that are earnest and contribute to this site either by posting helpful info or becoming a financial contributor to this site.
Anyway thanks for the support fellas,

Phil B.
02-11-2019, 11:35 PM
Well, Thank you for attention. This scum is sending PMs to other members including me.
Be careful guys, not all members have good intentions.

hehe well Y'all know me .. I am NOT willing to share even " how do I get in service mode " with people.. no worries here!

Phil B.
02-11-2019, 11:38 PM
Of course I was referring to that ... I have not specified well ... it was my fault ... I'm sorry

then if I may suggest " Learn the Proper Lingo "

improper requests or such CAN ruin your rep power.. and MIGHT even get you banned.. Try reading the " Forum Rules " posted in green under the forum header

Phil B.
02-11-2019, 11:42 PM
Your PM was just a final straw to make me post this. I've gotten a dozen requests like that so I was not singling you out.
See as I've said before, I don't mind helping with manuals or real firmware to folks that are earnest and contribute to this site either by posting helpful info or becoming a financial contributor to this site. Anyway thanks for the support fellas,

Brother.. I saw no User Name referenced.. so if someone PM'd you regarding this thread.. THEY must be feeling GUILTY!
I Commend you on your stance and willingness to help those that really display a need for and knowledge to use the information requested!

Synthohol
02-12-2019, 02:13 AM
I was PMd this morning about help to reset a bh360 to zero.
I assumed he meant the meters and I'm still on the fence if I believe it was an honest mistake of the wording as mentioned above but I can give the benefit of the doubt due to the language difference and how Google translates.

Phil B.
02-12-2019, 04:23 AM
I was PMd this morning about help to reset a bh360 to zero.
I assumed he meant the meters and I'm still on the fence if I believe it was an honest mistake of the wording as mentioned above but I can give the benefit of the doubt due to the language difference and how Google translates.

**IMHO**
1) same user? Verify or block
2) new user request.. lay out ground rules in PM if they (PC) persist see #1
3) rinse and repeat

srvctec
03-26-2019, 07:55 PM
Yeah, we need the head honcho of this place (can't remember his name) to ban this idiot!! Here is a screenshot of the PM he just sent me. I'll be blocking him but he needs banned from this site, permanently. Getting fed up with these low life morons.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190326/479ffd71d22ef55b715d38fb21932cce.jpg

guitar9199
03-26-2019, 09:50 PM
Yeah, there is no reason to EVER reset a counter on a machine. So what if it's being sold as rebuilt, makes no difference whatsoever whether the counter stays at what it actually is. We rebuild and resell machines all the time, over the last 31 years and we've never even once considered resetting the counters for "resale/rebuilt" as you put it. That kind of rationalizing hopefully will get you in trouble if you actually do it.

Like mentioned in the above post, Canon used to do it (maybe they still do) but only on "factory rebuilt", whatever that means. That even sounds shady to me. Just my 2 cents.

Canon "Factory Rebuild" was a machine that was literally stripped down to the frame, all wiring harnesses inspected and replaced if necessary, Fusers, Drums and Developers completely rebuild, and all consumables replaced as well (Feed/ADF Rollers, transfer roller, etc.)

You were pretty much getting a brand-new machine inside an old frame.

JR2ALTA
03-27-2019, 02:32 AM
Canon "Factory Rebuild" was a machine that was literally stripped down to the frame, all wiring harnesses inspected and replaced if necessary, Fusers, Drums and Developers completely rebuild, and all consumables replaced as well (Feed/ADF Rollers, transfer roller, etc.)

You were pretty much getting a brand-new machine inside an old frame.

Your claims are a little dubious. First you say it was "stripped down to the frames". Then you say a few units were "rebuilt" and/or "replaced".

So what happened to all the motors, clutches, bushings, bearings, solenoids, torque limiters, levers, gears, belts, boards, optics, sensors, springs, op panels, actuators, couplers, one-ways and lasers?

A used machine is a used machine. What you did to it is nothing more than a PM.

raplma
03-27-2019, 10:41 AM
You mean like this? ;)

In the end we found the problem wasn't the machine but the mains breaker... :rolleyes:
The chassis bases make very good trolleys...

Custom Search