PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C280 noise

Custom Search

Bix
02-12-2019, 09:15 AM
Hi, I would like to consult with you about a bizhub C280.

This is a fairly old printer and has been making a noise like a tractor for a while.

The copies are fine and it has been regularly maintained. The problem I have already solved it once: in a nutshell I discovered that the transfer belt is completely clogged with toner. I disassembled it and I removed all the toner from the cleaning roller.

By doing this procedure I solved it but after a month, the noise is back.

Unfortunately, I did not manage this printer before. In fact I'm pretty sure the problem is due to non-original toner / drums that I would never use! Someone suggested me to check the toner waste channel. We pretend it's not due to non-original consumables (but actually I think it's their fault!), What do you recommend checking?

If you want to solve what do you recommend? If I wanted to replace the toner with the original toner, I could solve or I have to replace something else?

The biggest problem is that it has been a long time since non-original consumables are used for this printer and it has always gone well. It is difficult to explain to the printer owner that the problem is due to non-OEM materials.

B0265
02-12-2019, 09:56 AM
Clean or replace the Waste Toner Pipe, it's is probably also clogged with waste toner.

acusso1234
02-12-2019, 10:58 AM
Keep filters clean. Expecially the one located near the Main switch and the other under the left plastic cover. You can also cut a little the foam glued on the little convoy who touch the waste toner box. Usually clogs starts there.

copyman
02-12-2019, 12:29 PM
There is a bulletin for this. Like the other poster wrote you need to cut the film inside waste toner shute / pipe.

allan
02-12-2019, 12:45 PM
Does anybody have the bulletin?

B0265
02-12-2019, 01:26 PM
You can use the parts for the 4e series, seal: A0ED3633 or waste toner pipe assy: A0EDF360

Bix
02-13-2019, 10:34 AM
Thank you. @alan I have find this bulletin: TABT1300166EN

It's correct :) ?

allan
02-13-2019, 11:27 AM

Thanks that seems to be the one.

jonbonse
02-13-2019, 11:46 AM

Hi, could you send me the bulletin?

allan
02-14-2019, 09:15 PM
You can use the parts for the 4e series, seal: A0ED3633 or waste toner pipe assy: A0EDF360

Hi, could you send me the bulletin?

Order and replace the seal.

tech51
02-14-2019, 09:58 PM
Just a thought. Make sure the waste box is ok.
Ive had a few over the years where the drive gear is either missing or not driving the augers and paddles inside the box.
This can also cause the waste pipe to block up.

Bliki BZ
02-16-2019, 01:03 PM
Have seen this issue multiple times on this series ,when a call comes in for making loud noise, I remove the Transfer Belt unit and two screws to remove cleaning blade auger assembly clean out the hardened toner from auger and spring loaded end part mostly use a tweeker the noise comes from small gear on end skipping then most important part take a wire hanger locate toner waste pipe from front of copier left side upper you can push spring loaded slide door and clean out the port with the wire hanger you can look inside were belt resides to see hanger sticking up vacuum what falls out from port. Have had good success no call backs without replacing any parts.
Also all machines with this issue had all the OEM toners installed.

Hansoon
02-17-2019, 09:44 AM
A little off-topic, but this is the same effect which killed so many BH-C-253/353 machines. Hardened waste toner blocking the waste toner augers, but with the older machines it was nearly impossible to solve. The 280/360 series are much more easy to get back on their feet when this happens.

Would love to know, does it happen with the more modern xx4(e) series too?

Hans

copyman
02-17-2019, 02:01 PM
Haven't had it with the newer 4 series up. They probably have the trans belt run more to move most of the waste toner into box instead of having it sit in cleaning unit and get hard. Especially on low volume machines.

Synaux
02-17-2019, 08:13 PM
A little off-topic, but this is the same effect which killed so many BH-C-253/353 machines. Hardened waste toner blocking the waste toner augers, but with the older machines it was nearly impossible to solve. The 280/360 series are much more easy to get back on their feet when this happens.

Hans

Not that I have seen, then again, I make it a habit to vacuum waste toner out of the tranf belts probably more frequently than most--this practice really seems to keep belt surface in prime condition for far longer. I started doing this more often after a fuser roller started falling apart and got into the waste section, destroying a nearly new belt.

I did have a c550 (very similar design to the cxx4 series) clog in the little section between the transfer belt waste exit and the waste toner cartridge. If I remember correctly I had to take the PH panel off to get direct access.

blackcat4866
02-18-2019, 12:58 AM

Hans

I had an 808 get a transfer waste blockage a few weeks ago. Once I cleared the rocks from the spout, the belt cleaner cleared of it's own accord.

I've seen transfer waste blockage on a C35 before, but it's relatively uncommon. =^..^=

Custom Search