PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C654 Fuser Unit and Transfer Belt Reset

Custom Search

asemany
02-12-2019, 06:33 PM
Hi.

How to reset Fuser Unit and Transfer Belt life in Konica Minolta c654 ?

Thanks a lot.

copyman
02-12-2019, 06:51 PM
They are reset in the service mode AFTER REPLACING units. Call a qualified technician.

I'm sure someone here will want to be big man on campus and tell you how to do it. Not realizing what happens when a fellow tech in a few months goes on service call and sees that belt isn't showing much use. Now you screwed them because they go searching somewhere else for a print quality issue. A good tech will eventually figure it out but meanwhile you just wasted a lot of their time.

Of course much of this reset info can be found on google search.

Synthohol
02-12-2019, 06:53 PM
Once the items are actually replaced go to service mode, counters select new release then open the big front door, button turns blue then hit start for each..
If you reset the xfer belt without replacing it you will have image problems supreme.
Just for reference the xfer belt is voltage\wear significant.
If you reset the belt without actually replacing it you are asking for poor quality.
I'm only stating this because I've seen "cheaters" screw themselves a dozen times.

copier tech
02-12-2019, 07:22 PM
Hi.

Thanks a lot.

ONLY reset the counters if you replace the units.

You can however simply turn off the "replace xxxx" warnings in CE mode this is a better option as it does not clear the unit life.

You may need a firmware update if your C654 is on factory fw.

tsbservice
02-12-2019, 08:08 PM
Hi.

Thanks a lot.

For what reason do you need that?
This is big/fast color machine. As good as KM are at office color, they still need some parts to be changed.

copyman
02-12-2019, 10:33 PM
My thoughts exactly tsb. The life of fuser is rated at 1.2 million and Transfer belt over 1/2 million. Even with that people still want to reset the counters. Good advice from other poster just turn off message (not sure you can do it once message shows).

Synaux
02-13-2019, 03:08 AM
ONLY reset the counters if you replace the units.

You can however simply turn off the "replace xxxx" warnings in CE mode this is a better option as it does not clear the unit life.

You may need a firmware update if your C654 is on factory fw.

On the C654 you cannot simply turn off the "replace xxxx" warnings in CE mode.
You CAN set "IU Life Stop Setting" to No Stop.
Perhaps this is possible elsewhere that I am no aware of, but not in CE mode...:confused:

Depending on the situation, environment and PQ requirements those transfer belts and fusers will easily go past 1.5x life expectancy with excellent PQ (which requires the reset). Why would you want to do this is self-evident. If the techs use their Machine History booklets responsibly there wouldn't be confusion either (unless they cannot write legibly or someone is illiterate).

copier tech
02-13-2019, 06:11 AM
On the C654 you cannot simply turn off the "replace xxxx" warnings in CE mode.
You CAN set "IU Life Stop Setting" to No Stop.
Perhaps this is possible elsewhere that I am no aware of, but not in CE mode...:confused:

Depending on the situation, environment and PQ requirements those transfer belts and fusers will easily go past 1.5x life expectancy with excellent PQ (which requires the reset). Why would you want to do this is self-evident. If the techs use their Machine History booklets responsibly there wouldn't be confusion either (unless they cannot write legibly or someone is illiterate).

Yes there is an additinal setting use system 2 sw51 & 55 as per bulletin.

Custom Search