PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C458 with a C2557 code.

Custom Search

progoffice
02-13-2019, 01:44 PM
I'm having a similar reoccurring C2557 issue as previously posted here:http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/80296-bizhub-c224e-c2557-error-code-new-post.html . Only it's on a C458.

The customer accidentally popped off the shutter on the black toner before replacing it and the issues have snowballed since then. We easily diagnosed the toner bottle issue and simply reinstalled the toner shutter and force toned the machine to address the initial 2557 code. A few days latter the code came back. I took the machine apart and removed the hopper to inspect it. All of the gears were turning freely. After reinstalling the hopper, I forced toned the machine again and watched the toner bottles turn and the black toner motor run successfully. Code came back so I replaced the DV thinking that the TCR sensor was acting up. Code came back.

Everything works, but the machine has to be told to add black toner. It won't do it on its own and eventually triggers the C2557 code. Today, after code triggered again I inspected the toner float mechanism as mentioned on this post. Float was attached to the post but I knocked it off trying to test it's movement. I removed the hopper again and repositioned the plug that the float mounts on and confirmed proper up and down motion. I can see how this system is supposed to work now, but I have no idea why it's not working? Maybe the sensor that is used to read the position of the float is bad? Anyway, we've ordered a whole hopper assembly. If that doesn't fix it I don't know what will.

Any thoughts???

tsbservice
02-13-2019, 08:22 PM
As manual add of toner works it has to be something with sensors. Maybe toner empty sensor PS31 isn't working or it's actuator mechanism is faulty.
Read SM as there is some differences between C258-368 and C458-658 in that section.
Good luck

progoffice
02-13-2019, 09:53 PM
We're replacing the toner hopper section when it gets in. The sensor you're referring to is part of the assembly. I'll report back after the hopper section has been installed.

REGSIS
02-14-2019, 07:41 AM
I had exactly the same problem on c360. New hopper solved the problem. Probably a faulty sensos caused it.

progoffice
02-15-2019, 03:26 PM
Fingers crossed, but the new toner hopper seemed to do the trick. I watched the black toner bottle turn on its own while running 150 solid black halftone pattern pages. I appreciate everyone's help with this.

spock
02-16-2019, 07:48 AM
Hopper issue is pretty common, the K hopper is direct drive instead of shaft drive like the other colours. It can be the white auger cap at the front binding up and also a felt washer on the back that binds.

I normally replace the hopper assy and the dev if it has been stripped a few times already. For how cheap the hopper assy is, its generally a waste of time messing with the old one.

Custom Search