PDA

View Full Version : CQ BH364e Dark Prints/Copies

Custom Search

Ashbell
02-13-2019, 09:16 PM
Hey all,

Have a recurring fault with a particular few machines in the one site. Every now and then the Prints get er dark, see attached. in the past we have replaced the IDC sensor, IDC sensor shutter solenoid and the ITB belt. this will get it running good for a couple of months then it comes back. i go and remove the cleaning assembly from the ITB and it is full of "fluff" i dont know if this is just dust getting in somehow or what.any thoughts on what could be causing this? In the example below all i have done is remove the ITB, clean the cleaning section and reassemble.

allan
02-13-2019, 09:40 PM
Are you using original toner?
Are you doing gradation?
Are the developer units still in life?

Ashbell
02-13-2019, 09:47 PM
Are you using original toner?
Are you doing gradation?
Are the developer units still in life?

Definitely using originals, have seen too many machines completely destroyed by crappy toners.
Did Gradation, i dont think i mentioned that in my post.
Dev is just under half life

copyman
02-13-2019, 10:00 PM
What kind of kind of business? From what you describe it sounds like some type of dust, lint, or even the type of paper. If not in a dirty environment then I would look at the paper they are using. Whatever type of paper it's generating an excessive about of paper dust "fluff". I would have them use a different brand of paper for a few months and see what happens.

Ashbell
02-13-2019, 10:10 PM
What kind of kind of business? From what you describe it sounds like some type of dust, lint, or even the type of paper. If not in a dirty environment then I would look at the paper they are using. Whatever type of paper it's generating a excessive about of paper dust "fluff". I would have them use a different brand of paper for a few months and see what happens.

Its in a Hospital so i would assume it would be reasonably clean. They get their paper from us and it is he same paper we supply to most of our customers, they are the only ones to have this issue.

copyman
02-13-2019, 11:19 PM
Wow! That is a weird one. Logically thinking and being in a clean location only thing that would cause build up on a transfer cleaning blade is paper dust, maybe bad generic toner. But you are using genuine toner so that only leaves paper. How is paper stored, etc

Ashbell
02-14-2019, 02:30 AM
Pretty sure they just order it as needed, then just put the whole ream into the machine, its got the LCT as tray 3 so it can fit a few reams.

allan
02-14-2019, 05:40 AM
What is the TCR value?
Contamination in the developer normally leads to light prints were the contaminant adds to the toner part of the ratio.
Super high humidity could do that where the charge to the drum is very low.
Set the image background adjust to +5 for a bit to see if that improves it.
What is the humidity temp reading on it?

tsbservice
02-14-2019, 08:09 AM
Go and take pics of Table number, level history 1, level history 2 and post here.
Can't find logic at emptying TB cleaner section to correct dark image like this.
I'm sorry to have to ask, but examples are printouts, not copies?

Ashbell
02-14-2019, 09:19 PM
Go and take pics of Table number, level history 1, level history 2 and post here.
Can't find logic at emptying TB cleaner section to correct dark image like this.
I'm sorry to have to ask, but examples are printouts, not copies?

Yes they are Print outs straight from user mode

tech51
02-14-2019, 10:09 PM
If the scan is anything to go the drum looks worn.

Custom Search