PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Secretary asked me for help. I turn to you wonderful people.

Custom Search

Mitch Barron
02-14-2019, 01:59 PM
Greetings all!

Hope you are all well and busy earning that green. As stated in the title, our secretary asked me for help with locations of machines and the models that are standing at our customers. I was kind of shocked that she didn't know this information so I asked her how she has been writing invoices until now and she showed me their setup. Turns out they gather all counter pages from our contractual customers and input the counters in an excel table and every quarter they compare the numbers to find the difference. This list contained hundreds of machines and looked impossible to keep in order. I have no idea how this is a thing while I have been here for 7 years and have never seen such an unorganized system to work out invoices. I was wondering what your companies use to track counters? I have zero office experience and have no clue, but there must be a better way as opposed to using excel. Ideally a software that we could create a customer and input diverse Infos and counters. I appreciate your input and help.

All the best!

Mitch

qbert69
02-14-2019, 02:28 PM
Greetings all!

Hope you are all well and busy earning that green. As stated in the title, our secretary asked me for help with locations of machines and the models that are standing at our customers. I was kind of shocked that she didn't know this information so I asked her how she has been writing invoices until now and she showed me their setup. Turns out they gather all counter pages from our contractual customers and input the counters in an excel table and every quarter they compare the numbers to find the difference. This list contained hundreds of machines and looked impossible to keep in order. I have no idea how this is a thing while I have been here for 7 years and have never seen such an unorganized system to work out invoices. I was wondering what your companies use to track counters? I have zero office experience and have no clue, but there must be a better way as opposed to using excel. Ideally a software that we could create a customer and input diverse Infos and counters. I appreciate your input and help.

All the best!

MitchPrintfleet.
PrintFleet (https://www.printfleet.com/)

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

qbert69
02-14-2019, 02:30 PM
Printfleet.
PrintFleet (https://www.printfleet.com/)

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using TapatalkResides on a customer's PC. Queries data for all devices connected to network.

Mitch Barron
02-15-2019, 01:10 PM
thank you very much for the suggestion. Looks like a perfect solution, but I think for our use it is overkill. We do not have anything to do with the IT side of things so for us having to install software on the customers system would be a waste. I was thinking something like an address software that we could fill out a customer and company name and add the counters manually instead of a huge list inside an Excel Table. Now that i know how our company handles our counters and contracts I feel we are in the stone age. I will have to see what I can find for a better solution for us. Thanks again!

All the best

qbert69
02-15-2019, 02:38 PM
thank you very much for the suggestion. Looks like a perfect solution, but I think for our use it is overkill. We do not have anything to do with the IT side of things so for us having to install software on the customers system would be a waste. I was thinking something like an address software that we could fill out a customer and company name and add the counters manually instead of a huge list inside an Excel Table. Now that i know how our company handles our counters and contracts I feel we are in the stone age. I will have to see what I can find for a better solution for us. Thanks again!

All the bestPrintfleet simply runs as an operating system service in the background without customer intervention. Once installed, it queries the machine(s) connected to the local area network and reports the info to the Printfleet cloud server where your office can pull meter & toner info from. Other than that, a monthly generated email could be setup for customers to respond to with meters. Customers would have to pay attention that the notification originating email address doesn't automatically get blacklisted or flagged as spam and routed to the spam folder where the customer doesn't see it!!![emoji15]

Custom Search