PDA

View Full Version : C368 scan to 365 forward TX error

Custom Search

kingarthur
02-14-2019, 03:22 PM
hopefully someone can point me in the right direction, I'm used to setting up the "simple" 365 set up, using a specifically created email address & password on 365 for the scanner.

The customers IT is trying to do it using "MX endpoint" using a relay, so,apparently, an email account doesn't have to be created on 365, apparently he has done this on various devices, but the first time on a KM

I've never heard of doing this before, so it's all double dutch to me.....he sent me a link How to set up a multifunction device or application to send email using Office 365 | Microsoft Docs (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow-best-practices/how-to-set-up-a-multifunction-device-or-application-to-send-email-using-office-3)

He's wanting to use the 3rd method, though why he refuses to use the 1st is beyond me.

This is what he has apparently programmed,"Their “MX endpoint” will be xxxx-xx.mail.protection.outlook.com (https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=mx%3adigital.je&run=toolpage) and we have already setup the necessary Mail flow Connector. Every other printer I have setup in this way has been really simple, nothing more then adding the Server address, email from address and turning on TLS if necessary on that printer model. Based on the error it seems to be some sort of incompatibility/conflict between the printers TLS protocol and Office 365s."

The scan error is "forward tx error". I think the device needs some sort of authentication, but he says no...can anyone advise

Cheers :)

BHM
02-15-2019, 09:43 PM
Make sure you do not have smtp authentication turned on. Using the mail.protection does work and it does not require authentication.

I believe you do need to have an actual office365 email address in the Administrator email address on the copier. TLS should be on but you may want to try port 25 instead of 587.

The reason he does not want option 1 is because he would have to pay for another email address and the extra few bucks a month might break the company. :cool:

bsm2
02-16-2019, 12:08 AM
Make sure he setup the Connector in Office 365 correctly, if not it will fail. Also he should provide you with the correct smtp settings and port NOT send you a article to read.

spock
02-16-2019, 07:46 AM
I deal with tons of scan to cloud email issues that get escalated, my first point of call is to replicate settings from the MFD on my laptop including its IP and physical connection and confirm they do actually work before any involvement of the MFD. That will instantly give you 50% of the solution.

I use a Macbook and the OSX Mail app, it is utterly fantastic as it will give you a realtime verbose transcript of communication and failures.

Saying all that we use the customer domain protection endpoint method for most Office 365 sites and it works providing IT have done their job correctly which more often than not they haven't.

kingarthur
02-18-2019, 12:35 PM
Many thanks for your responses, I've looked at the network error code, which is 3025, which is "The SMTP server does not support the STARTTLS command". Whenever I've had a "forward tx error" it's normally been the network

I asked him about this,

Email address

Any email address in one of your Office 365 verified domains. This email address does not need a mailbox.

He says it can be any of their emails, as long as it ends in their @....com as it will automatically relay.

He is the one setting it all up, but according to him, our "machine must be faulty as it won't work"

I'm trying to get the customer to use the 1st option, the have an "info" email for general enquiries, I was wondering if I could use that.

My other option was to set up a gmail...it's basically for a hub that people off the street can print and scan.

bsm2
02-18-2019, 12:50 PM
Many thanks for your responses, I've looked at the network error code, which is 3025, which is "The SMTP server does not support the STARTTLS command". Whenever I've had a "forward tx error" it's normally been the network

I asked him about this,

Email address

Any email address in one of your Office 365 verified domains. This email address does not need a mailbox.

He says it can be any of their emails, as long as it ends in their @....com as it will automatically relay.

He is the one setting it all up, but according to him, our "machine must be faulty as it won't work"

I'm trying to get the customer to use the 1st option, the have an "info" email for general enquiries, I was wondering if I could use that.

My other option was to set up a gmail...it's basically for a hub that people off the street can print and scan.

Verify the machine works with another email IE gmail or other, Once confirmed the problem is THERE IT, sounds like the relay IE connector on Office 365 is not correctly setup
ask is the company if it has a info or sales email account you can use as it's only an upload

Company must provide you with ALL the CORRECT SMTP settings PERIOD!

Odd question does company have a Sonic Wall? at location?

Synthohol
02-18-2019, 01:03 PM
Reference
Konica Minolta fully supports scan-to-email using Microsoft® Office 365™.
Microsoft® Office 365™ uses SHA-2 for its mandatory hashing cryptography algorithm.

In 2002, SHA-2 became the new recommended hashing standard. SHA-2 is often called the SHA-2 family of hashes because it contains many different-size hashes, including 224-, 256-, 384-, and 512-bit digests.Currently the most popular one is 256-bits

As of January 1, 2016, Microsoft will no longer allow certificate authorities in the Microsoft Root Certificate Program to issue certificates for SSL or code signing that use the SHA-1 hashing algorithm. SHA-2 is the preferred method now.

The following are the incoming and outgoing IMAP server settings for Office 365.

Setting IMAP (incoming) SMTP (outgoing)
Server Name outlook.office365.com smtp.office365.com
Port Number 993 587
Encryption Method SSL TLS

kingarthur
02-18-2019, 01:51 PM
Verify the machine works with another email IE gmail or other, Once confirmed the problem is THERE IT, sounds like the relay IE connector on Office 365 is not correctly setup
ask is the company if it has a info or sales email account you can use as it's only an upload

Company must provide you with ALL the CORRECT SMTP settings PERIOD!

Odd question does company have a Sonic Wall? at location?

It was working, using a different SMTP etc, then they had "Server connect error", so instead of sorting that out, their IT bloke decided to change everything completely, I'm trying to persuade the customer to do it "my way", as I have a good rapport with them.

Custom Search