PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta 1051 Booklet Finisher issue

Custom Search

cmitch
02-14-2019, 05:21 PM
Our 1051 began folding and stapling crooked books we narrowed it down to an issue with the guide belt that pushes the sheets into the area to be creased and folded. Sometimes the belt makes it to the home position and other times it stops about an inch or so short of pushing the paper all the way in. In the attached video, we have marked the proper home position on the guide belt and you can see it not making it all the way around. We stitched and trimmed 25 books and 8 were bad. It takes it by spells. We'll have days it doesn't do it at all. We restarted machine twice today and it has changed nothing. Service has replaced all motors in this section and no improvement. Service, which we pay for, has 'no idea' what this is that's causing it. If anyone has had this happen or has any input, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojYIQN8uBYM&feature=youtu.be

blackcat4866
02-15-2019, 12:30 AM
Does the belt try to climb the outer ridge on the timing pulley? I had a 950 that the belt stalled intermittently. I had to adjust the belt alignment. I can't remember how I did that ...

=^..^=

methogod
02-15-2019, 12:43 AM
can you show pics of the output...

there are 100 reasons without seeing how it comes out, also arrow which way it came out of the SD.

first to check is paper size, verify its what your telling the machine it is.
if the drive guide wasn't returning home would code, so the paper may be skewed when it comes around the 90 degree turn.
I can keep going.

I assume you are 100% its folded skewed and not stapling loose, making the final look skewed as a folded booklet.

cmitch
02-15-2019, 01:47 AM
can you show pics of the output...

there are 100 reasons without seeing how it comes out, also arrow which way it came out of the SD.

first to check is paper size, verify its what your telling the machine it is.
if the drive guide wasn't returning home would code, so the paper may be skewed when it comes around the 90 degree turn.
I can keep going.

I assume you are 100% its folded skewed and not stapling loose, making the final look skewed as a folded booklet.
The paper size is correct. We are running 11 x 17 in that video. If you will watch, the metal guides attached to the belt are not going all the way around and pushing the paper all the way in, so this results in pages sticking out of the book and crooked folds. We have no trouble with 8.5 x 11 or 9 x 12. Those booklet sizes fold perfectly and the guides always push the paper in. But 8.5 x 14 and 11 x 17 do this. The guides on the belt are absolutely not traveling far enough sometimes to push the paper in. Of course, we aren't getting any code outs.

cmitch
02-15-2019, 07:44 PM
I want to clarify something in the video. We marked the belt with a black line in the video to show when guides were traveling properly and you won't see the black line when it isn't. When the black line is not seen at .26 in the video, you can make out the metal edge of the guide barely making it around the turn and stopping, then returning. Image attached:

Custom Search