PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 350 Touch Screen


Custom Search


wkwar
02-14-2019, 11:38 PM
Machine working fine all of a sudden touch screen unresponsive. Clean it with business card then it work fine. Next day the screen lights up but blank. It still makes copies. Is the control panel dead or just the touch screen?

JR2ALTA
02-15-2019, 12:18 AM
I'd say touch screen for the unresponsiveness but blank? Find a used panel. Swapping takes 2 minutes.

wkwar
02-15-2019, 04:41 AM
screen light up but blank. the contract knob has no effect on the backlight. looking for a used panel now

copyman
02-15-2019, 05:25 AM
Usually the symptom with that control panel was the touch panel was unresponsive or you would have to touch 1 inch over from the tab you want. It would work one day then stop the next. Eventually it would stop altogether. But what you describe with the backlight most likely is the fluorescent tube or board.

Good idea from other poster. First option is look on ebay etc and see if you can find a good working complete control panel. Pop off 2 small panels, 4 screws & one connector (I've done so many I could do blindfolded haha). At this point any working touch screen most likely has been replaced with new style screen (on the old style heat would lift the contacts off on edge of screen). 75% of the 200 series models I had in service needed new touch screens. Probably the other 25% that didn't were past the serial cutoff when new style screens where put in at factory.

I have whole 250 & 350 machines in warehouse that have panels with good backlights but the touch screens are bad. FYI there are aftermarket touch screens for around $50 and work just as good as OEM, which cost $200. Keep in mind the machine has been in end of life status for a few yrs now and parts might be hard to get. PM me if you need anything off the machines I have.

mo0651
02-15-2019, 03:07 PM
You stated that you "cleaned with a business card for unresponsive touch panel", Did you take it apart? Check all connectors.:cool:

wkwar
02-21-2019, 03:09 AM
after there is no display I took it apart. purchase a good display and install it. The screen response to touch (beep) but still no display. do I have a bad main board? anyone has a good use one for sale?

JR2ALTA
02-21-2019, 04:00 AM
What do you mean display? Two people suggested, and you agreed to find a used panel assy. The entire thing.

wkwar
02-21-2019, 04:17 AM
sorry, we just replace the entire control panel with a used one as suggested. The display light up but still No graphics. The only improvement is that with the "new" control panel, the touch screen will respond (beep) to touch. So both display lights up but does not show any graphics or text. Also, the contrast knob does not work.

djs9164
02-21-2019, 12:55 PM
sorry, we just replace the entire control panel with a used one as suggested. The display light up but still No graphics. The only improvement is that with the "new" control panel, the touch screen will respond (beep) to touch. So both display lights up but does not show any graphics or text. Also, the contrast knob does not work.Hytec used to repair as an entire unit. They may still. It's worth checking out.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

wkwar
03-24-2019, 04:55 PM
For the benefit of future folks. believe it was a bad connection. unplug at the main board and reseat it. seems to fix it.

Custom Search