PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Minolta ADF burned by patient

Custom Search

Thayer
02-19-2019, 12:17 AM
Got a call for C554e, to check out. Turns out patient got back into office and started burning documents on the ADF. Here are some pictures.

Another tech returned the next week, and yes the ADF did work no issues!!!!
We did end up replacing ADF.

Thanks

blackcat4866
02-19-2019, 12:56 AM
Now that's a "hot" print job. Funny that it still worked. =^..^=

copyman
02-19-2019, 04:23 AM
I presume it was a mental patient? Trust me I've had some nut job customers do everything possible you can think of with their copiers but this is a first!

Always wondered why fire marshal wants fire extinguisher near every copier. Didn't know people burn docs on them:cool:

I've always said a copier will never catch on fire and fire extinguisher was not necessary, this proves my point , you can build a campfire on them and still won't catch fire!

Bix
02-19-2019, 04:15 PM
I want to understand the dynamics of the accident

http://clipartmag.com/images/laughing-smiley-face-gif-18.gif

CopierNerd
02-19-2019, 05:24 PM
I want to understand the dynamics of the accident

http://clipartmag.com/images/laughing-smiley-face-gif-18.gif

Patient wants us to be patient and think about it! Never saw this before.

skelband
02-19-2019, 05:48 PM
Holy cow! I can't imagine what must have gone through your mind when you saw that!

I must admit that I did wonder when I saw the post subject, what kind of component in an ADF set fire to the paper? :rolleyes:

tsbservice
02-19-2019, 06:25 PM
That is Scary!
I'm almost tempted to scrap out an old copier, put a pile of originals in DF, make a fire and cold-bloodedly press Start buton...will they come out :confused:

copier tech
02-19-2019, 06:32 PM
Got a call for C554e, to check out. Turns out patient got back into office and started burning documents on the ADF. Here are some pictures.

Another tech returned the next week, and yes the ADF did work no issues!!!!
We did end up replacing ADF.

Thanks

I love the fact it still works.

Close the call down, PM carried out test & home early for a beer?

Thayer
02-21-2019, 12:31 AM
I was told the patient went back for his cigarettes and staff wasn't available. And started lighting the documents left on the copier machine.
I could not do anything, because fire Marshall was called and waiting for okay to work on machine.

rrrohan
02-21-2019, 03:35 AM
I love the fact it still works.

ive had some come from Mine Sites in middle of Australia where the doc feeder tray is all melted from sitting in the back of a truck on a 55 Celsius day and it still worked

Synaux
02-21-2019, 04:02 AM
Come on dude! fix that shit! :P
-=If it aint broke don't fix it=-

spock
02-21-2019, 05:39 AM
Almost as good as the MFD I had that was covered with a powder fire extinguisher hahahaa

FYI the powder is bad to breathe also LOL

Thayer
02-21-2019, 11:04 PM
Returned to machine today, they now have a key pad lock on the door to copier location. Hahaha

Mitch Barron
02-22-2019, 07:54 AM
Holy smokes! :p That's crazy. I have had some cray cray things happen to our machines, but something like this has yet to happen. I think it adds a little flare (the puns!) to it.

petermays
02-22-2019, 11:52 AM
That is Scary!
I'm almost tempted to scrap out an old copier, put a pile of originals in DF, make a fire and cold-bloodedly press Start buton...will they come out :confused:

well i have had the pleasure to take a 10 pound hammer to a mc i disliked..mc was been scrapped and a claw was going to pic it up and load into a recycle truck
so i told him to wait....i was happy

allan
02-22-2019, 02:35 PM
For the same reason it is flame proof is the same reason you can't recycle the plastic. ABS FR Grade.
Also was amazed to see how the plastic deforms in relative low temps like 45ºC and up.
Had to inspect machines where the building was on fire for insurance purposes.
Rest of the stuff went up in flames the machines did not look to bad in comparison to the other stuff!

Much more fun pushing them of buildings:cool:.

Mitch Barron
02-22-2019, 02:59 PM
For the same reason it is flame proof is the same reason you can't recycle the plastic. ABS FR Grade.
Also was amazed to see how the plastic deforms in relative low temps like 45ºC and up.
Had to inspect machines where the building was on fire for insurance purposes.
Rest of the stuff went up in flames the machines did not look to bad in comparison to the other stuff!

Much more fun pushing them of buildings:cool:.

Dude Have you,or anyone else ever pushed a machine off of a building or something? That has always been a dream of mine to do. Especially with the C35 machines. I bet it would be epic. Thousands of pieces everywhere!

Rylac
02-22-2019, 03:28 PM
Dude Have you,or anyone else ever pushed a machine off of a building or something? That has always been a dream of mine to do. Especially with the C35 machines. I bet it would be epic. Thousands of pieces everywhere!
we have many times when scrapping copiers. (off a pretty high ledge) they smash, but not as epically as one might think

allan
02-22-2019, 04:57 PM

3 landings high only :(.
Hey a C35 you can throw, or better you could catapult it.

Oo better idea.
What you will need.

Maretials:
Oil drum with lid.
Roll of wire rope.
oxy-acetylene welding kit.
5 gallon water bottle.
Insulation tape.
Spark plug with spark wire.
Old school ignition coil.
12V battery or 2 depends on next item.
170 feet of 2.5mm2 twinflex wire.
Some 2X4.

Tools:
Leatherman.
Grinder.
6mm drill bit with drill.

Cut top of lid just smaller than the oil drum.
Wrap the drum with the wire rope to reinforce.
Drill hole in base of drum big enough for the twin-flex to get thru.
Cut 2X4 X4 about an inch higher than the water bottle.
Connect spark plug to plug wire and pull wire thru a hole made in the cap.
Run the twin-flex thru the hole and connect it to the coil on + and -. Coil inside the drum.
Now set oxy-acetylene welding torch to give even oxygen and acetylene and fill bottle with gas mix.
Quickly place cap on and tape up with insulation tape.
Insert upright in the quadrants to make a place for the lid to sit on inside the drum.
Put bottle inside the drum and hook up spark wire to the coil.
Place the lid in place on the 2X4's.
Load C35 in drum side ways(don't think it will fit upright).
Now roll out your twin flex to a shelter 50 yards away.
Wear ear protection!
Tap + and - wire ends on battery terminals....

Or use smaller bottle fill with same mix and place under managers car hood with one plug wire removed and inserted with plug in smaller bottle. Much smaller bottle. Or rather don't at all.
Wait for him to go home....

Thinking again 50 yards ain't going to do it!
O and use a 1:2 mix more oxygen.

Mitch Barron
02-25-2019, 07:34 AM
3 landings high only :(.
Hey a C35 you can throw, or better you could catapult it.

Oo better idea.
What you will need.

Maretials:
Oil drum with lid.
Roll of wire rope.
oxy-acetylene welding kit.
5 gallon water bottle.
Insulation tape.
Spark plug with spark wire.
Old school ignition coil.
12V battery or 2 depends on next item.
170 feet of 2.5mm2 twinflex wire.
Some 2X4.

Tools:
Leatherman.
Grinder.
6mm drill bit with drill.

Cut top of lid just smaller than the oil drum.
Wrap the drum with the wire rope to reinforce.
Drill hole in base of drum big enough for the twin-flex to get thru.
Cut 2X4 X4 about an inch higher than the water bottle.
Connect spark plug to plug wire and pull wire thru a hole made in the cap.
Run the twin-flex thru the hole and connect it to the coil on + and -. Coil inside the drum.
Now set oxy-acetylene welding torch to give even oxygen and acetylene and fill bottle with gas mix.
Quickly place cap on and tape up with insulation tape.
Insert upright in the quadrants to make a place for the lid to sit on inside the drum.
Put bottle inside the drum and hook up spark wire to the coil.
Place the lid in place on the 2X4's.
Load C35 in drum side ways(don't think it will fit upright).
Now roll out your twin flex to a shelter 50 yards away.
Wear ear protection!
Tap + and - wire ends on battery terminals....

Or use smaller bottle fill with same mix and place under managers car hood with one plug wire removed and inserted with plug in smaller bottle. Much smaller bottle. Or rather don't at all.
Wait for him to go home....

Thinking again 50 yards ain't going to do it!
O and use a 1:2 mix more oxygen.

uuuuuuuhhhhhh. Allan everything ok there bud? Should we be worried? Cuz you are a genius! That is best idea ever....and very thorough. It's nice to hear mutual hatred for these machines. No matter how twisted and devious it is! lol

blackcat4866
03-07-2019, 04:35 PM
See this could never have happened on a Muratec. Muratec specifically tells you (and I quote): "IMPORTANT Do not store the ... paper in any of the follow places: -Places exposed to fire"

=^..^=

Custom Search